- 1 Access Facebook Setting
- 2 Click on Your Profil
- 3 Select “Edit Profile”
- 4 Go to “Name” Sectio
- 5 Edit Your Nam
- 6 Review Name Change Guideline
- 7 Confirm Your Change
- 8 Wait for Name Change Approva
- 9 FAQ
- 9.0.1 Can I change my name on Facebook?
- 9.0.2 Why would I want to change my name on Facebook?
- 9.0.3 Is it possible to change my name on Facebook more than once?
- 9.0.4 Do I have to provide any supporting documents to change my name on Facebook?
- 9.0.5 Will changing my name on Facebook affect my friends and followers?
Access Facebook Setting
To change your name on Facebook, you’ll need to access your account settings. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Facebook website or app and log in to your account using your username and password.
- Once logged in, click on the downward-facing arrow in the top-right corner of the screen. This will open a drop-down menu.
- In the drop-down menu, click on Settings & Privacy. This will open a new menu with additional options.
- Click on Settings from the menu. This will take you to the main Facebook settings page.
- On the left-hand side of the page, you’ll see a list of settings categories. Scroll down and click on Personal Information.
- In the Personal Information section, you’ll see various options such as Name, Contact, Password, etc. Click on Name.
- Once you click on Name, you’ll be taken to a new page where you can edit your name.
Now that you’ve accessed the Facebook settings and the name editing page, you can proceed to the next steps to change your name on Facebook.
Click on Your Profil
Once you are logged in to your Facebook account, you will need to click on your profile to access your personal information and make any necessary changes to your name. Follow the steps below to find your profile:
- Locate the profile icon at the top of the Facebook homepage. It is a small circular icon that contains your profile picture or a silhouette if you have not uploaded a profile picture.
- Click on the profile icon to open your profile page.
- Alternatively, you can click on your name, which is usually displayed next to the profile icon.
By clicking on your profile, you will be directed to your personal page where you can manage and update your account settings.
Select “Edit Profile”
After logging in to your Facebook account, locate the dropdown arrow at the top-right corner of the page. Click on this arrow to reveal a menu.
From the dropdown menu, select the “Settings & Privacy” option. This will open a sub-menu with additional options.
In the “Settings & Privacy” sub-menu, click on the “Settings” option. This will take you to the general settings page of your Facebook account.
On the left side of the settings page, you will see a list of different categories. Scroll down until you find the “Profile” option and click on it. This will open the profile settings page.
On the profile settings page, you will find various options to edit and customize your profile. Look for the “Edit Profile” button, which is usually located near your profile picture. Click on this button to access the profile editing interface.
Once you click on the “Edit Profile” button, a new page will open where you can make changes to your name and other personal information. Here, you can edit your first name, last name, and any other profile details you want to change.
After making the desired changes, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the “Save Changes” button to save your new profile name. Please note that Facebook has certain guidelines and restrictions when it comes to changing your name, so make sure to follow their policies to avoid any issues.
Go to “Name” Sectio
Once you are logged in to your Facebook account, follow these steps to navigate to the “Name” section:
- Click on the small down arrow icon located at the top right corner of the Facebook page. This will open a drop-down menu.
- In the drop-down menu, select “Settings & Privacy”. Another menu will appear.
- From the second menu, click on “Settings”. This will take you to the settings page.
- In the left-hand column of the settings page, click on the “Personal Information” option. This will expand a submenu.
- From the submenu, click on “Name”. This will take you to the “Name” section.
Alternatively, you can directly access the “Name” section by clicking here.
Once you have reached the “Name” section, you can proceed to change your name on Facebook.
Edit Your Nam
Step 1: Login to Facebook
Open the Facebook website and login to your account using your email address and password.
Step 2: Go to “Settings”
In the top-right corner of the Facebook homepage, click on the downward-facing arrow to open a dropdown menu. From the menu, select “Settings”.
Step 3: Click on “Name”
In the left-hand menu of the Settings page, click on “Name” to access your account’s name settings.
Step 4: Edit Your Name
- In the “Name” section, you will see your current name displayed.
- Click on the “Edit” button next to your name.
- Type in your new first and last name in the provided fields.
- Review Facebook’s name policy guidelines to ensure your new name complies with the rules.
- Click on the “Review Change” button.
- Review how your new name will be displayed on Facebook and whether it adheres to the guidelines.
- Click on the “Save Changes” button to save your new name.
Step 5: Confirmation
Facebook may require you to confirm your change by entering your password. Enter your password when prompted to complete the name change process.
Step 6: Wait for Review
After making the name change, Facebook will review your request. This process may take a few minutes or up to 24 hours. Once the review is complete, you will receive a notification confirming whether your name change was approved or denied.
Step 7: Troubleshooting
If your name change is denied, you may need to provide additional documentation to verify your name. Follow the instructions provided by Facebook to resolve any issues and try again.
Step 8: Update Your Profile
Once your name change is approved, your new name will be displayed on your profile and across Facebook. Update any other personal information or settings as desired to ensure your profile reflects the changes you made.
Review Name Change Guideline
Before changing your name on Facebook, it’s important to review the platform’s guidelines to ensure you are following the rules. Here are the key points to keep in mind:
- Your name must be your authentic name as it would be listed on official documents.
- Using symbols, numbers, unusual capitalization, or punctuation marks is not allowed.
- You cannot include offensive, suggestive, or inappropriate words/phrases.
Unacceptable Name Changes
Facebook does not allow certain types of name changes. These include:
- Changing your name to impersonate someone else or creating a fake identity.
- Using professional titles, such as doctor, professor, or military ranks, unless they are part of your legal name.
- Changing your name too frequently (abusing the name change feature).
In some cases, Facebook may require additional verification if they suspect your name change is not legitimate. The verification process may include:
- Submitting a photo ID or legal document that shows your name.
- Providing an explanation for your name change.
Enforcement and Consequences
Facebook has automated systems and community reports in place to identify and flag names that violate their guidelines. If a name change is found to be inappropriate, Facebook may take the following actions:
- Disallow the name change request.
- Temporarily suspend your account.
- Permanently disable your account.
By reviewing these name change guidelines, you can ensure that your name change on Facebook follows the rules and avoids any negative consequences. It’s important to use your authentic and appropriate name to maintain the integrity of the platform and prevent fraud or impersonation.
Confirm Your Change
Once you have made the necessary edits to your name on Facebook, you will need to confirm your changes before they take effect. Here’s how:
- Click on the “Review Change” button located beside the name you have edited.
- You will be presented with a pop-up window asking you to confirm your changes. Make sure to double-check your new name for any spelling mistakes or errors.
- If you are satisfied with your new name, click on the “Save Changes” button. Your new name will be saved and updated on your Facebook profile.
It is important to note that once you confirm your name change on Facebook, you may not be able to change it again for a certain period of time. Facebook has implemented this restriction to prevent abuse and to ensure users do not constantly change their names.
If you try to change your name again within the restricted period, you may encounter an error message stating that you have reached the maximum number of name changes allowed. Therefore, make sure to choose a name that you are comfortable with and that accurately represents your identity.
Additionally, it is important to adhere to Facebook’s name policy when selecting a new name. Facebook requires users to use their real names on the platform and has strict guidelines for what constitutes an acceptable name. If your name change request violates these policies, Facebook may reject your request.
Once your name change is confirmed and approved by Facebook, your friends, family, and other Facebook users will see your new name on your profile and in their news feeds. It may take some time for the changes to propagate across the platform, so be patient if you don’t see your new name immediately.
Remember, your name on Facebook is an important part of your online identity. Choose a name that accurately represents you and that you are comfortable with. Happy name changing!
Wait for Name Change Approva
Once you have submitted your name change request on Facebook, you will need to wait for it to be approved. This process can take some time, so it’s important to be patient and allow Facebook to review your request.
During the waiting period, it’s a good idea to stay active on Facebook and avoid making any other changes to your account. Making additional changes while waiting for your name change request to be approved can complicate the process and may result in additional delays.
While waiting for approval, make sure to keep an eye on your notifications and email for any updates from Facebook. They may request additional information or documentation to verify your name change request. It’s important to respond promptly to any requests to avoid further delays.
If your name change request is approved, you will receive a notification from Facebook confirming the change. Your new name will be updated on your profile and will be visible to your friends and followers.
However, if your name change request is denied, Facebook will provide a reason for the rejection. You may be asked to provide more information or choose a different name that complies with Facebook’s policies. In some cases, you may be required to provide legal documentation to support your requested name change.
If your name change request is denied, you can reapply with a different name or you can contact Facebook’s support team for further assistance. They may be able to help you resolve the issue and provide guidance on how to proceed.
Remember, it’s important to use your real name on Facebook to maintain a trusted and authentic community. Make sure to follow Facebook’s name policies and guidelines to avoid any issues or account restrictions in the future.
Can I change my name on Facebook?
Yes, you can change your name on Facebook. Follow these steps to do so.
Why would I want to change my name on Facebook?
There are various reasons why people may want to change their names on Facebook. It could be due to a change in marital status, a desire for privacy, or just a personal preference.
Is it possible to change my name on Facebook more than once?
Usually, Facebook only allows you to change your name once every 60 days. However, there are exceptions in certain circumstances, such as if you’ve legally changed your name.
Do I have to provide any supporting documents to change my name on Facebook?
In some cases, Facebook may request that you provide supporting documents, such as a marriage certificate or government-issued identification, to verify your name change.
Will changing my name on Facebook affect my friends and followers?
No, changing your name on Facebook will not affect your friends and followers. Your friends and followers will still be able to see your updates and interact with your profile as usual.