Is David Tennant coming back to Dr Who
- ^ Parkel, Inga (25 October 2022). “Doctor Who reveals new ‘remastered’ logo and fans are divided on its appeal: ‘Very old school’ “, The Independent, Retrieved 7 November 2022,
- ^ Jump up to: a b c “New Doctor Who trailer reveals episode titles for 60th Anniversary Specials ahead of Eurovision Grand Final”, BBC,13 May 2023, Retrieved 14 May 2023,
- ^ Jump up to: a b Marcus (11 November 2022). “Production Team Confirmed”, Doctor Who News, Retrieved 11 November 2022,
- ^ Hattenstone, Simon (22 December 2021). “Russell T Davies: ‘I genuinely thought – who wants to watch a show about Aids?’ “, The Guardian, Retrieved 22 December 2021,
- ^ Jump up to: a b “Doctor Who: Here they come.” BBC.23 October 2022, Retrieved 23 October 2022,
- ^ “Doctor Who: Here they come”, Doctor Who, Retrieved 23 October 2022,
- ^ “David Tennant and Catherine Tate return to Doctor Who”, Doctor Who, Retrieved 15 May 2022,
- ^ Cremona, Patrick (11 November 2022). “Doctor Who runtime for 60th anniversary specials revealed”, Radio Times, Retrieved 11 November 2022,
- ^ “Neil Patrick Harris joins Doctor Who”, Doctor Who,13 June 2022, Retrieved 13 June 2022,
- ^ Jump up to: a b “Watch new Doctor Who trailer for 60th Anniversary Specials”, www.bbc.co.uk, Retrieved 23 September 2023,
- ^ “60th filming reveals who Yasmin Finney’s Rose is”, Doctor Who TV,17 May 2022, Retrieved 17 May 2022,
- ^ “Doctor Who 60th anniversary trailer – Merry Christmas and a very Happy Who Year”, www.bbc.co.uk, Retrieved 25 December 2022,
- ^ “Heartstopper’s Yasmin Finney Joins 60th Cast as “Rose” “, Doctor Who TV,16 May 2022, Retrieved 16 May 2022,
- ^ Hibbs, James (30 August 2023). “Doctor Who confirms Yasmin Finney plays Donna’s daughter, teases her debut”, Radio Times, Retrieved 30 August 2023,
- ^ “Bernard Cribbins Returning as Wilfred Mott for 60th”, Doctor Who TV,16 May 2022, Retrieved 16 May 2022,
- ^ “Miriam Margolyes Joins Doctor Who”, Doctor Who,14 September 2023, Retrieved 14 September 2023,
- ^ Kanter, Jane (29 July 2021). ” ‘Doctor Who’: Jodie Whittaker & Showrunner Chris Chibnall Are Leaving Iconic Sci-Fi Series, BBC Confirms”, Deadline Hollywood, Retrieved 29 July 2021,
- ^ Jump up to: a b “Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chibnall to leave Doctor Who in a trio of Specials in 2022”, Doctor Who, Retrieved 29 July 2021,
- ^ Holmes, Martin (26 August 2021). “BBC Boss Promises ‘Radical’ Change for ‘Doctor Who’ After Jodie Whittaker Exits”, TVInsider, Retrieved 12 December 2021,
- ^ Fullerton, Huw (24 September 2021). “Russell T Davies to return as Doctor Who showrunner”, Radio Times, Retrieved 24 September 2021,
- ^ Jump up to: a b “Doctor Who: Russell T Davies returns as programme showrunner”, BBC News,24 September 2021, Retrieved 24 September 2021,
- ^ Morris, Lauren (11 October 2021). “Doctor Who producer Bad Wolf ‘to be acquired by Sony’ “, Radio Times, Retrieved 23 October 2021,
- ^ Laford, Andrea (1 December 2021). “Sony have acquired future ‘Doctor Who’ producer Bad Wolf”, CultBox, Retrieved 2 December 2021,
- ^ Craig, David (2 November 2021). “Doctor Who will “radically build” on success as Bad Wolf assumes ‘creative control’ “, Radio Times, Retrieved 23 December 2021,
- ^ “Phil Collinson”, Independent Talent, Retrieved 20 January 2022,
- ^ Jump up to: a b c d e TVZone (9 November 2022). “DOCTOR WHO: SERIES 14 UPDATES AND PRODUCTION TEAM CONFIRMED”, TVZoneUK, Retrieved 10 November 2022,
- ^ Sarrubba, Stefania (3 March 2022). “Doctor Who’s Russell T Davies teases return as season 14 production begins”, Digital Spy, Retrieved 6 March 2022,
- ^ “Jenny Carney Associates”, Retrieved 22 July 2022,
- ^ Wright, Minnie (22 December 2021). “Russell T Davies has already written new Doctor Who episodes ahead of November 2023”, Radio Times, Retrieved 23 December 2021,
- ^ “Scott Handcock joins Bad Wolf”, www.bigfinish.com,9 November 2022, Retrieved 10 November 2022,
- ^ Whitbrook, James (27 December 2022). “Doctor Who’s 60th Anniversary Monsters Have a Deep Cut History”, Gizmodo, Retrieved 27 December 2022,
- ^ Laford, Andrea (10 November 2021). “Doctor Who to move its filming base from Roath Lock Studios to Wolf Studios”, CultBox, Retrieved 12 December 2021,
- ^ Jasper, Matthew (27 November 2021). “New Doctor Who Production Company Name Hints at Shared Universe & Spinoffs”, Screen Rant, Retrieved 27 October 2022,
- ^ Morris, Lauren (17 May 2022). “Doctor Who’s Bernard Cribbins looks set for return as he’s seen filming”, Radio Times, Retrieved 17 May 2022,
- ^ Jump up to: a b Laford, Andrea (6 September 2022). “Doctor Who 60th anniversary specials: third director discovered”, CultBox, Retrieved 6 September 2022,
- ^ Busch, Jenna (17 May 2022). “Director Rachel Talalay Confirms Doctor Who Return For 60th Anniversary”, Slash Film, Retrieved 18 May 2022,
- ^ Laford, Andrea (6 July 2022). “Russell T Davies praises Doctor Who BBC centenary special”, Cultbox, Retrieved 7 July 2022,
- ^ Harp, Justin (19 August 2022). “Doctor Who’s Russell T Davies shares touching tribute to Bernard Cribbins”, Digital Spy, Retrieved 30 August 2022,
- ^ Langford, Andrea (20 July 2022). “Composer Segun Akinola reveals special for BBC centenary is his last Doctor Who job”, CultBox, Retrieved 20 July 2022,
- ^ “Award-winning composer Murray Gold returns to Doctor Who”, Doctor Who TV,24 April 2023, Retrieved 24 April 2023,
- ^ Laford, Andrea (27 April 2023). “Russell T Davies shares Star Trek hint about Doctor Who title”, CultBox, Retrieved 27 April 2023,
- ^ “Doctor Who reveals new look at David Tennant’s costume in Comic Relief sketch”, Digital Spy,7 March 2023, Retrieved 9 March 2023,
- ^ “David Tennant’s 14th Doctor Hates “Cryptic” New 60th Teaser Trailer”, Doctor Who TV,30 April 2023, Retrieved 7 May 2023,
- ^ “The Doctor & Donna Are Stunned by Latest 60th Teaser Trailer”, Doctor Who TV,30 April 2023, Retrieved 7 May 2023,
- ^ Ritman, Alex (12 August 2022). “Ncuti Gatwa to Start Filming First ‘Doctor Who’ Season This November (Exclusive)”, The Hollywood Reporter, Retrieved 13 August 2022,
- ^ Hayes, Dade (25 October 2022). ” ‘Doctor Who’ Moves To Disney+ Outside UK And Ireland Via BBC-Disney Branded Television Partnership”, Deadline, Archived from the original on 25 October 2022, Retrieved 26 October 2022,
- ^ Laford, Andrea (23 November 2022). “Doctor Who – Once and Future – Big Finish reveal 60th Anniversary plans”, CultBox, Retrieved 22 March 2023,
- ^ Laford, Andrea (20 March 2023). “Multi-platform “Doom’s Day” story introduced for Doctor Who’s 60th anniversary”, CultBox, Retrieved 22 March 2023,
- ^ Russell, Gary. “Doctor Who: The Star Beast (Target Collection)”, Penguin.co.uk,
- ^ Morris, Mark. “Doctor Who: Wild Blue Yonder (Target Collection)”, Penguin.co.uk,
- ^ Goss, James. “Doctor Who: The Giggle (Target Collection)”, Penguin.co.uk,
- ^ Craig, David (12 April 2023). “David Tennant confirms return of Doctor Who Confidential-style show”, RadioTimes, Retrieved 16 April 2023,
Where can I watch all 26 seasons of Doctor Who
As Doctor Who celebrates its anniversary, all 26 seasons of the classic sci-fi series are available to stream. Here’s where to start. Richard Trenholm was CNET’s film and TV editor, covering the big screen, small screen and streaming. A member of the Film Critic’s Circle, he’s covered technology and culture from London’s tech scene to Europe’s refugee camps to the Sundance film festival.
- Expertise Films, TV, Movies, Television, Technology Doctor Who celebrates its anniversary Nov.23, and turns 60 in 2023.
- To get in the mood for the big anniversary year – in which David Tennant returns to the lead role – you can find every episode of the classic show streaming online.
- The revived version of Doctor from 2005 to the present is available on HBO Max, while Tennant’s new episodes will be on the BBC in the UK and Disney Plus elsewhere,
But the first 26 seasons of Doctor Who, spanning the first to seventh Doctors, are available on streaming service Britbox (like Netflix for classic and recent British telly). If you were intrigued by the emotional return of former Doctor Who stars in recent episodes starring Jodie Whittaker, then check out the original series.
What year was season 26 of Dr Who?
Doctor Who (season 26)
|No. of episodes||14|
|Original release||6 September – 6 December 1989|
How old was Zoe in Dr Who
Character history – Zoe first appears in the serial The Wheel in Space, where she is the librarian on board Space Station W3, also known as the Wheel. When the Cybermen attack, she aids the Doctor and Jamie in defeating them before stowing away aboard the TARDIS,
In David Whitaker ‘s script for The Wheel in Space, Zoe’s last name is spelled “Heriot”, but the double-“r” misspelling is also seen in reference works. Zoe’s age is not given in the series, but according to initial publicity she was fifteen when she joined the TARDIS crew. She holds a degree in pure mathematics and is a genius, with intelligence scores comparable to the Doctor’s.
Coupled with her photographic memory and the advanced learning techniques of her era, this makes her somewhat like a human calculator, able to perform complicated mathematics in her head. Part of the reason for her wanting to travel with the Doctor is her chafing at the restrictions and sterile surroundings of her station-bound existence.
- However, her real-world experience is severely limited, causing her to get herself into trouble frequently.
- Together with the Doctor and Jamie, she meets the Cybermen again when they invade 20th century London, enters the surreal Land of Fiction, fights the Ice Warriors and survives the battlefields of the War Chief ‘s war games,
Her journeys with the Doctor come to an end in that serial, when the Time Lords finally catch up with the Doctor. As well as forcing a regeneration on him and exiling him to Earth, the Time Lords return Jamie and Zoe to their own times, wiping their memories of their experiences with the Doctor (save for their first encounters with him) in the process.
Where can I watch Doctor Who Season 27?
Watch Classic Doctor Who, Season 27 | Prime Video.
How old is the Doctor now
War Doctor –
+400 years: PROSE : Engines of War
In terms of linear time, the Time War had lasted for 400 years. If the War Doctor lived through all of it, he would have added 400 years to his total age, which he had lost track of in his previous incarnation.
~800: TV : The Day of the Doctor
The Eleventh Doctor claims to be “1200 something” years old, and the War Doctor claims to be 400 years younger than him.