- 1 What is the dua for martyrs in Islam
- 2 What dua is used for loved ones who died
- 3 How do you pray for a dead person in Islam
- 4 What is the dua for death in Arabic
- 5 What Dua to read at someone’s grave
What is the dua for martyrs in Islam
Who is a martyr in Islam? – Traditionally Martyrdom is considered to apply to those who die in battle, holy jihad. This is known as Shahadah Haqeeqiyyah, real matrtyrdom. Such would include someone who dies on the battlefield, such as the Prophet’s (Pbuh) uncle, Hamza ibn Abdul-Muttalib (RA), who was killed whilst in battle.
- Such martyrs are buried in their blood stained or injured clothing whereas other martyrs are given the ghusl bath and full funeral rites such as the wearing of the khimar (long headscarf), or clean white clothing.
- However, the funeral prayer is the same for both.
- Both require that the family exercise patience until reunited on the day of judgment and that the martyr be granted a high status in heaven in the meantime.
The second type of martyrdom is Shahadah Hukmiyyah, or legal martyrdom. This covers the additional 7 martyrdoms revealed in Hadith and another 25 martyrdoms revealed in the books of Fiqh and hadith. Such include for instance medical martyrdoms. A Martyr is granted the status of shaheed or witness.
- Thus, the martyr will testify in the way in which Allah wishes him to, such as against himself or his community as revealed in the Qur’an.
- The purpose for this is justice, so that mankind does not have an argument against Allah on the day of judgement.
- The Prophet pbuh is a main witness but witnesses are taken by Allah to confirm the truth of the Qur’an for example.
Thus, the martyr is judged according to his deeds and time and place in which he existed. For example, the famous second caliph Umar Ibn Al-Khattab was martyred whilst reading prayer. Such martyrdom dying in an act of worship attracts a higher reward, but he will be a witness as the spread of Islam at the time and which nations had yet to accept Islam.
- This can be important if a Muslim is forced to recant his faith by the enemy and then dies at their hands.
- Such a martyr testifies to his own belief, and other witnesses are taken on an ongoing basis to testify to the condition of mankind.
- Various Qur’anic Ayat’s on witnesses testify to this truth, and for further discussion on this see verses,
Perhaps Umar is renowned for his prayer for shaheed/martyrdom in the following dua; “Oh Allah! I ask you for martyrdom in your cause and death in the land of your messenger Pbuh.”
What do Muslims say when someone dies?
When Death Is Imminent – When a Muslim is approaching death, family members and very close friends should be present. They should offer the dying person hope and kindness, and encourage the dying person to say the “shahada,” confirming that there is no God but Allah.
What dua is used for loved ones who died
Dua for the deceased – When we learn of a fellow Muslim’s passing, we are encouraged to say the following: Transliteration: ‘Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji’un’ Translation: ‘ Surely to Allah we belong and to Him we will all return’. There are many different du’as that you can make for the deceased, and those made from the heart take special precedence.
Asking Allah (SWT) for forgiveness for the deceased, for protection from the grave and humiliation of the Day Of Judgement, and for Jannah (heaven) are common things to ask for when someone has passed away. Here is a sound and common example: Transliteration: Allaahummaghfir li (name of the person) warfa’ darajatahu fil-mahdiyyeena, wakhlufhu fee ‘aqibihi fil-ghaabireena, waghfir-lanaa wa lahu yaa Rabbal-‘aalameena, wafsah lahu fee qabrihi wa nawwir lahu feehi Translation: O Allah, forgive (name of the person) and elevate his station among those who are guided.
Send him along the path of those who came before, and forgive us and him, O Lord of the worlds. Enlarge for him his grave and shed light upon him in it.
How do you pray for a dead person in Islam
|This section is written like, Please help from a descriptive,, and remove advice or instruction. ( August 2017 ) ( )|
It is preferable that those praying divide themselves into odd rows with one person as an standing alone in front and while facing the, The body is placed in front of the, If there is more than one body, then these should be put in front of the other.
- Having the appropriate neeyat (intention) in your heart, You say the first while raising your hands, then you fold and hold your hands on your chest in the usual manner, the right hand on the left, then you seek refuge with from the accursed, then you utter and recite Al-Fatiha (with regard to Hanafis, they only recite the Thana or Sana – an optional du’aa or supplication usually said in all of the 5 daily prayers)
- Then you say Takbir (raising of the hands is optional) and,
- Then you say the third Takbir (raising of the hands is optional) and make for the deceased.
It is narrated that Muhammad said: “O God, forgive our living and our dead, those who are present among us and those who are absent, our young and our old, our males and our females. O God, whoever You keep alive, keep him alive in Islam, and whoever You cause to die, cause him to die with faith.
- O God, do not deprive us of the reward and do not cause us to go astray after this.
- O God, forgive him and have mercy on him, keep him safe and sound and forgive him, honor his rest and ease his entrance; wash him with water and snow and hail, and cleanse him of sin as a white garment is cleansed of dirt.
O God, give him a home better than his home and a family better than his family. O God, admit him to Paradise and protect him from the torment of the grave and the torment of Hell-fire; make his grave spacious and fill it with light.” It is acceptable for other words to be used for du’a ; for example, one could say: O God, if he was a doer of good, then increase his good deeds, and if he was a wrongdoer, then overlook his bad deeds.
What is the dua of sacrifice?
‘With the Name of Allah, Allah is the Most Great! O Allah, accept it from me.’ بِسْمِ اللهِ واللهُ أَكْبَرُ اللَّهُمَّ مِنْكَ ولَكَ اللَّهُمَّ تَقَبَّلْ مِنِّي Bismillaahi wallaahu ‘Akbar Allaahumma taqabbal minnee.
What is the dua for death in Arabic
Inna lillahiwa Inna ilayhi raji’un (إِنَّا لِلَّٰهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُون) is full dua that reminds us we return to Allah on the day of judgment and everything around us belongs to Him. every single thing on earth shall taste death.
Do martyrs go straight to heaven?
Those who were killed for their Christian belief were thought to go straight to heaven. These martyrs evolved into saints, who were believed to intervene on behalf of Christians with God.
Why can’t you cut your hair after a funeral?
Trimming Hair and Nails –
Children or grandchildren of the person who died should wait at least 49 days after the funeral to cut their nails or hair. This comes from the idea that the dead parent gave the children their nails and hair, so they should not be cut during the mourning period or after the burial.
- Asalamualaikum dear Mufti Sahb,
- 1) Can you please advise what the best thing to read at the graveyard for the deceased is?
Can Muslims be cremated?
Abstract – Muslims are always buried, never cremated. It is a religious requirement that the body be ritually washed and draped before burial, which should be as soon as possible after death. Those carrying out this duty should be immunised against hepatitis B and be aware of the hazards of AIDS.
What Dua to read at someone’s grave
What to Recite in Graveyard?
2) where should one be positioned at the graveside i.e. at the feet, head, away from the qabar or facing the kaaba and is it okay for sisters to remain in car if accompanying her mehram? Jazakallah khair. Wasalam w.w.
- (Question published as received)hat
- In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
- As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
- When visiting a grave, one should begin by reciting the following:
- السَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ أَهْلَ الدِّيَارِ مِنَ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَالْمُسْلِمِينَ، وَإِنَّا، إِنْ شَاءَ اللهُ لَلَاحِقُونَ، أَسْأَلُ اللهَ لَنَا وَلَكُمُ الْعَافِيَةَ
(Transliteration: Assalaamu Alaikum Ahlad Diyaari Minal Mumineen Wal Muslimeen, Wa Innaa Insha Allahu Bikum Lalaahiqoon. As Alullahu Lana Wa Lakumul Aafiyah.) Translation: “Peace be upon you, O believing men and women from the dwellers of this place. Certainly, Allah willing, we will join you.
- Surah Fatihah
- Beginning of Surah Baqarah until “Muflihoon”
- Ayatul Kursi
- Last Rukoo’ of Surah Baqarah
- Surah Yaseen
- Surah Mulk
- Surah Takaathur
- Surah Ikhlaas (3, 7, or 12 times)
Then a person makes du’aa to Allah to convey the reward to the deceased. Whilst making du’aa one should be at the feet of the deceased if possible facing towards the face of the deceased. Otherwise, at the head of the deceased. A sister accompanied by her Mahram to the graveyard may remain in the car and send reward for the deceased from the car.
- And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best
- Ahmad Jafari
- Student Darul Iftaa Georgia, United States
- Checked and Approved by, Mufti Ebrahim Desai.
: What to Recite in Graveyard?