- 1 Who will be the 15th Doctor companion
- 2 Who will be the new 14th doctor
- 3 Who will be the 16th Dr Who
- 4 Is David Tennant returning to Doctor Who
- 5 Who is the next doctor 2023
Who will be the 15th Doctor companion
The Fifteenth Doctor’s Companion Has Been Revealed – IGN Millie Gibson is Doctor Who’s newest companion. Gibson will play Ruby Sunday, joining Ncuti Gatwa in the fifteenth generation of Doctor Who. The announcement was made live on BBC Children in Need on Friday.
Gibson, who is currently 18-years-old, is best known for her role on Coronation Street as Kellie Neelan. She has also appearend in the shows Butterfly and Love, Lies and Records. Now, Gibson will join the Time Lord in the Tardis when the series returns in the end of 2023. “Whilst still being in total disbelief, I am beyond honoured to be cast as the Doctor’s companion,” Gibson,
“It is a gift of a role, and a dream come true, and I will do everything to try and fill the boots the fellow companions have travelled in before me. And what better way to do that than being by the fabulous Ncuti Gatwa’s side, I just can’t wait to get started.” Ncuti Gatwa and Millie Gibson are the newest Doctor Who and Companion pairing.
- | Source: BBC Gibson is joining a new era of Doctor Who that is striving to break barriers.
- Gatwa, the 30-year-old Sex Education star, is the first black actor to portray the Doctor as a series lead.
- He will take over the helm of Time Lord from Jodie Whittaker, the first female protagonist on the show.
Throughout her four-year tenure, Mandip Gill played Whittaker’s sidekick, Yasmin Khan. Now, Gibson and Gatwa are taking over the reins. “Millie just is the Companion,” Gatwa said. “She is full of talent, strength, she has a cheeky sparkle in her eye and is sharp as a razor.
From the moment she walked into the room she captured all of our attention with her effervescence and then solidified that attention with the sheer torque of her talent. This adventure is going to be so wild and so fun, I cannot WAIT to sail the universe with Millie!” Doctor Who is expected to return next year with Russell T Davies at the helm.
Before Gatwa’s debut is aired, David Tennant will return as the Doctor in three episodes for Doctor Who’s 60th anniversary. Carson Burton is a freelance news writer for IGN. You can follow him on Twitter at @carsonsburton. : The Fifteenth Doctor’s Companion Has Been Revealed – IGN
Who will be the new 14th doctor
‘Doctor Who’: David Tennant Confirmed as 14th Doctor, With Ncuti Gatwa to Follow Jodie Whittaker, the 13th Doctor in the ‘s long-running and immensely popular “” series, regenerated on Sunday, Oct.23, revealing, who was the 10th Doctor, as the 14th Doctor.
Tennant and Catherine Tate are reprising their roles for the show’s 60th anniversary, and the BBC has confirmed that they will appear in three special episodes, set to air in November 2023. “David Tennant, previously known as the 10th Doctor, is now also known as the 14th Doctor. Confused? Don’t worry, he seems a little perplexed too,” the BBC said in a statement.
“Doctor Who” began in 1963 and follows the adventures of a Time Lord known as The Doctor, an extraterrestrial being with a human appearance. The Doctor travels the universe in a time-travelling spaceship called the Tardis. The next Doctor, played by “Sex Education” star, will take control of the Tardis after Tennant, with his first episode airing over the festive period in 2023.
Doctor Who” showrunner Russell T. Davies said: “If you thought the appearance of David Tennant was a shock, we’ve got plenty more surprises on the way. The path to Ncuti’s 15th Doctor is laden with mystery, horror, robots, puppets, danger and fun. And how is it connected to the return of the wonderful Donna Noble? How, what, why? We’re giving you a year to speculate, and then all hell lets loose.” For the specials, “Heartstopper” actor Yasmin Finney joined the cast as Rose, it was revealed in May, and there’s also a mysterious new character played by Neil Patrick Harris.
Davies had said at the time: “Life on ‘Doctor Who’ gets brighter and wilder, how can there be another Rose? You’ll find out in 2023, but it’s an absolute joy to welcome Yasmin to the ‘Doctor Who’ set. We all fell in love with her in ‘Heartstopper,’ one of those shows which changes the world – and now Yasmin can change the Whoniverse.” : ‘Doctor Who’: David Tennant Confirmed as 14th Doctor, With Ncuti Gatwa to Follow
Who will be the 16th Dr Who
Who is the new Doctor Who? – On May 8, 2022, that Ncuti Gatwa will play the Doctor in the in 2023. This makes him the 14th actor to play the role as a regular on the series and the 16th Doctor overall. (John Hurt and Jo Martin have played other “secret” versions of the Doctor.) Like Peter Capaldi, Gatwa is Scottish but born in Rwanda.
Gatwa is already a pretty familiar face. Since 2019, he has starred in Sex Education, one of, Put this in contrast with Matt Smith, who was 26 when he was cast as the Doctor in 2010 and was a relative unknown at the time. Essentially, Gatwa will bring some star power and charisma to the Doctor in ways we can’t begin to calculate.
He’s also the second Black actor to take on the role, following Jo Martin’s “Fugitive Doctor.” But he’s the first Black actor to become the Doctor in ongoing installments.
Who will be the Doctor in the 60th anniversary?
Who is starring in the 60th anniversary special? – Heading up the cast is fan favourite David Tennant who will returning to the series as the 14th Doctor. Alongside David, as his companion for the series, will be Catherine Tate reprising her role as Donna Noble. Yasmin Finney has long been confirmed to have been joining the cast as ‘Rose’ but now we finally have more details about her role and it turns out she’ll be playing Donna’s daughter. How lovely is that? The official Doctor Who Twitter account confirmed the news yesterday (30th August) to celebrate Yasmin’s birthday and explained Yasmin will be playing Rose, who is the daughter of Donna Noble and Shaun Temple who is played by Karl Collins. Rose’s plot was also teased in a follow up tweet which read: “So the question is, what happens when Rose meets one of her mum’s oldest friends? “It is a mystery for now, but what we do know is that just like her mother, Rose stumbles across something alien – and from that point her seemingly ordinary family is never quite the same.” We are so excited. Also joining the cast are:
Bernard Cribbins as Wilfred MottJacqueline King as Sylvia NobleKarl Collins as Shaun Temple Neil Patrick Harris as an unknown antagonist Aneurin Barnard as Roger Ap GwilliamJemma Redgrave as Kate Lethbridge-StewartRuth Madeley as Shirley Anne Bingham
And from the look of the trailer it appears we will get to see Ncuti Gatwa as the 15th Doctor at some point during the three episodes.
Is David Tennant returning to Doctor Who
- ^ Parkel, Inga (25 October 2022). “Doctor Who reveals new ‘remastered’ logo and fans are divided on its appeal: ‘Very old school’ “, The Independent, Retrieved 7 November 2022,
- ^ Jump up to: a b c “New Doctor Who trailer reveals episode titles for 60th Anniversary Specials ahead of Eurovision Grand Final”, BBC,13 May 2023, Retrieved 14 May 2023,
- ^ Jump up to: a b Marcus (11 November 2022). “Production Team Confirmed”, Doctor Who News, Retrieved 11 November 2022,
- ^ Hattenstone, Simon (22 December 2021). “Russell T Davies: ‘I genuinely thought – who wants to watch a show about Aids?’ “, The Guardian, Retrieved 22 December 2021,
- ^ Jump up to: a b “Doctor Who: Here they come.” BBC.23 October 2022, Retrieved 23 October 2022,
- ^ “Doctor Who: Here they come”, Doctor Who, Retrieved 23 October 2022,
- ^ “David Tennant and Catherine Tate return to Doctor Who”, Doctor Who, Retrieved 15 May 2022,
- ^ Cremona, Patrick (11 November 2022). “Doctor Who runtime for 60th anniversary specials revealed”, Radio Times, Retrieved 11 November 2022,
- ^ “Neil Patrick Harris joins Doctor Who”, Doctor Who,13 June 2022, Retrieved 13 June 2022,
- ^ Jump up to: a b “Watch new Doctor Who trailer for 60th Anniversary Specials”, www.bbc.co.uk, Retrieved 23 September 2023,
- ^ “60th filming reveals who Yasmin Finney’s Rose is”, Doctor Who TV,17 May 2022, Retrieved 17 May 2022,
- ^ “Doctor Who 60th anniversary trailer – Merry Christmas and a very Happy Who Year”, www.bbc.co.uk, Retrieved 25 December 2022,
- ^ “Heartstopper’s Yasmin Finney Joins 60th Cast as “Rose” “, Doctor Who TV,16 May 2022, Retrieved 16 May 2022,
- ^ Hibbs, James (30 August 2023). “Doctor Who confirms Yasmin Finney plays Donna’s daughter, teases her debut”, Radio Times, Retrieved 30 August 2023,
- ^ “Bernard Cribbins Returning as Wilfred Mott for 60th”, Doctor Who TV,16 May 2022, Retrieved 16 May 2022,
- ^ “Miriam Margolyes Joins Doctor Who”, Doctor Who,14 September 2023, Retrieved 14 September 2023,
- ^ Kanter, Jane (29 July 2021). ” ‘Doctor Who’: Jodie Whittaker & Showrunner Chris Chibnall Are Leaving Iconic Sci-Fi Series, BBC Confirms”, Deadline Hollywood, Retrieved 29 July 2021,
- ^ Jump up to: a b “Jodie Whittaker and Chris Chibnall to leave Doctor Who in a trio of Specials in 2022”, Doctor Who, Retrieved 29 July 2021,
- ^ Holmes, Martin (26 August 2021). “BBC Boss Promises ‘Radical’ Change for ‘Doctor Who’ After Jodie Whittaker Exits”, TVInsider, Retrieved 12 December 2021,
- ^ Fullerton, Huw (24 September 2021). “Russell T Davies to return as Doctor Who showrunner”, Radio Times, Retrieved 24 September 2021,
- ^ Jump up to: a b “Doctor Who: Russell T Davies returns as programme showrunner”, BBC News,24 September 2021, Retrieved 24 September 2021,
- ^ Morris, Lauren (11 October 2021). “Doctor Who producer Bad Wolf ‘to be acquired by Sony’ “, Radio Times, Retrieved 23 October 2021,
- ^ Laford, Andrea (1 December 2021). “Sony have acquired future ‘Doctor Who’ producer Bad Wolf”, CultBox, Retrieved 2 December 2021,
- ^ Craig, David (2 November 2021). “Doctor Who will “radically build” on success as Bad Wolf assumes ‘creative control’ “, Radio Times, Retrieved 23 December 2021,
- ^ “Phil Collinson”, Independent Talent, Retrieved 20 January 2022,
- ^ Jump up to: a b c d e TVZone (9 November 2022). “DOCTOR WHO: SERIES 14 UPDATES AND PRODUCTION TEAM CONFIRMED”, TVZoneUK, Retrieved 10 November 2022,
- ^ Sarrubba, Stefania (3 March 2022). “Doctor Who’s Russell T Davies teases return as season 14 production begins”, Digital Spy, Retrieved 6 March 2022,
- ^ “Jenny Carney Associates”, Retrieved 22 July 2022,
- ^ Wright, Minnie (22 December 2021). “Russell T Davies has already written new Doctor Who episodes ahead of November 2023”, Radio Times, Retrieved 23 December 2021,
- ^ “Scott Handcock joins Bad Wolf”, www.bigfinish.com,9 November 2022, Retrieved 10 November 2022,
- ^ Whitbrook, James (27 December 2022). “Doctor Who’s 60th Anniversary Monsters Have a Deep Cut History”, Gizmodo, Retrieved 27 December 2022,
- ^ Laford, Andrea (10 November 2021). “Doctor Who to move its filming base from Roath Lock Studios to Wolf Studios”, CultBox, Retrieved 12 December 2021,
- ^ Jasper, Matthew (27 November 2021). “New Doctor Who Production Company Name Hints at Shared Universe & Spinoffs”, Screen Rant, Retrieved 27 October 2022,
- ^ Morris, Lauren (17 May 2022). “Doctor Who’s Bernard Cribbins looks set for return as he’s seen filming”, Radio Times, Retrieved 17 May 2022,
- ^ Jump up to: a b Laford, Andrea (6 September 2022). “Doctor Who 60th anniversary specials: third director discovered”, CultBox, Retrieved 6 September 2022,
- ^ Busch, Jenna (17 May 2022). “Director Rachel Talalay Confirms Doctor Who Return For 60th Anniversary”, Slash Film, Retrieved 18 May 2022,
- ^ Laford, Andrea (6 July 2022). “Russell T Davies praises Doctor Who BBC centenary special”, Cultbox, Retrieved 7 July 2022,
- ^ Harp, Justin (19 August 2022). “Doctor Who’s Russell T Davies shares touching tribute to Bernard Cribbins”, Digital Spy, Retrieved 30 August 2022,
- ^ Langford, Andrea (20 July 2022). “Composer Segun Akinola reveals special for BBC centenary is his last Doctor Who job”, CultBox, Retrieved 20 July 2022,
- ^ “Award-winning composer Murray Gold returns to Doctor Who”, Doctor Who TV,24 April 2023, Retrieved 24 April 2023,
- ^ Laford, Andrea (27 April 2023). “Russell T Davies shares Star Trek hint about Doctor Who title”, CultBox, Retrieved 27 April 2023,
- ^ “Doctor Who reveals new look at David Tennant’s costume in Comic Relief sketch”, Digital Spy,7 March 2023, Retrieved 9 March 2023,
- ^ “David Tennant’s 14th Doctor Hates “Cryptic” New 60th Teaser Trailer”, Doctor Who TV,30 April 2023, Retrieved 7 May 2023,
- ^ “The Doctor & Donna Are Stunned by Latest 60th Teaser Trailer”, Doctor Who TV,30 April 2023, Retrieved 7 May 2023,
- ^ Ritman, Alex (12 August 2022). “Ncuti Gatwa to Start Filming First ‘Doctor Who’ Season This November (Exclusive)”, The Hollywood Reporter, Retrieved 13 August 2022,
- ^ Hayes, Dade (25 October 2022). ” ‘Doctor Who’ Moves To Disney+ Outside UK And Ireland Via BBC-Disney Branded Television Partnership”, Deadline, Archived from the original on 25 October 2022, Retrieved 26 October 2022,
- ^ Laford, Andrea (23 November 2022). “Doctor Who – Once and Future – Big Finish reveal 60th Anniversary plans”, CultBox, Retrieved 22 March 2023,
- ^ Laford, Andrea (20 March 2023). “Multi-platform “Doom’s Day” story introduced for Doctor Who’s 60th anniversary”, CultBox, Retrieved 22 March 2023,
- ^ Russell, Gary. “Doctor Who: The Star Beast (Target Collection)”, Penguin.co.uk,
- ^ Morris, Mark. “Doctor Who: Wild Blue Yonder (Target Collection)”, Penguin.co.uk,
- ^ Goss, James. “Doctor Who: The Giggle (Target Collection)”, Penguin.co.uk,
- ^ Craig, David (12 April 2023). “David Tennant confirms return of Doctor Who Confidential-style show”, RadioTimes, Retrieved 16 April 2023,
Who is the new doctor and companion in 2023?
November 18, 2022 Millie Gibson has landed the role of Ruby Sunday, the Doctor’s new companion. Starring alongside Ncuti Gatwa, Millie will make her debut over the festive season in 2023 when the Fifteenth Doctor takes control of the TARDIS. Best known for her role as Coronation Street ‘s Kelly Neelan, 18 year old Millie was the recipient of the Best Young Performer Award at The British Soap Awards earlier this year.
Millie has also appeared in dramas Butterfly (ITV) and Love, Lies and Records (BBC). Speaking of her new role, Millie Gibson said: “Whilst still being in total disbelief, I am beyond honoured to be cast as the Doctor’s companion. It is a gift of a role, and a dream come true, and I will do everything to try and fill the boots the fellow companions have travelled in before me.
And what better way to do that than being by the fabulous Ncuti Gatwa’s side, I just can’t wait to get started.” Ncuti Gatwa added: “Millie just is the companion. She is full of talent, strength, she has a cheeky sparkle in her eye and is sharp as a razor.
From the moment she walked into the room she captured all of our attention with her effervescence and then solidified that attention with the sheer torque of her talent. This adventure is going to be so wild and so fun, I cannot WAIT to sail the universe with Millie!” Russell T Davies, Showrunner, says: “It’s the great honour of my job to find the next generation of talent, and Millie shines like a star already.
She’s brilliant, dynamic, clever and a wonderful actor. As a Coronation Street fan, I’ve seen Millie survive chases, guns and sieges, but that’s nothing compared to what lies ahead for Ruby Sunday.” Recently, it was announced that the BBC and Disney Branded Television have joined forces to make Disney+ the new global home, outside of the UK and Ireland, of future seasons of Doctor Who.
Who is the doctors companion 2023?
At a Glance: –
Doctor Who ended the eras of both Chris Chibnall as series showrunner and Jodie Whittaker as the 13th Doctor in 2022 with ” The Power of the Doctor,” bringing to a close a three-season, three-special run.Whittaker’s replacement is returning star David Tennant, He will play the official 14th incarnation of the Doctor under returning showrunner Russell T. Davies, who revived Doctor Who in 2005 and managed the series until 2009. Tennant will appear in three specials in November 2023 to coincide with the 60th anniversary of Doctor Who on November 23.He’ll be joined by returning characters Donna Noble and Wilfred Mott, who were played by Catherine Tate and Bernard Cribbins in season four of Doctor Who, Neil Patrick Harris will play a new villain, while Heartstopper ‘s Yasmin Finney will play a character named Rose.Tennant will be succeeded by Sex Education ‘s Ncuti Gatwa as the 15th Doctor. His announcement in May 2022 makes him the first Black male actor to play the character on-screen.Gatwa will star in Doctor Who ‘s 14th season, set to air some time in 2024.Millie Gibson will co-star as the 15th Doctor’s companion, Game of Thrones star Indira Varma will play a mysterious character known as “the Duchess.” Doctor Who ‘s beloved tradition of doing a Christmas Special —no more New Year’s Day Specials, in other words—will return in 2023, with another confirmed for 2024. Comedian Sooz Kempner will star in Doom’s Day, a new transmedia Doctor Who campaign tied into the anniversary, She’ll play Doom, the titular intergalactic assassin, who has found herself hunted by Death itself—and must use a purloined vortex manipulator with a day’s worth of time-jumping charge to find the Doctor and save herself.
The Woman Who Would Be Photon This post was last updated 5/30/23.
Who will be the new Doctor Who 2023?
Published: 07:15 pm, 23 September 2023 Watch the trailer for Doctor Who’s 60th Anniversary Specials This is just the start, as the fever starts to burn. We’re heading for a November full of Doctor Who surprises, for fans and new viewers alike. Stay alert! Just as viewers were about to enter the ballroom for the first live show of Strictly Come Dancing 2023, they were transported to the TARDIS with an exclusive new trailer revealing more of what’s to come when Doctor Who returns this November. Also shown, UNIT is back with a bang! Jemma Redgrave reprises her iconic role as Kate Lethbridge-Stewart alongside David Tennant as the Fourteenth Doctor. Russell T Davies, Showrunner says: “This is just the start, as the fever starts to burn. We’re heading for a November full of Doctor Who surprises, for fans and new viewers alike. Stay alert!” Doctor Who returns in November 2023 with three special episodes with David Tennant as the Fourteenth Doctor to coincide with the 60th anniversary.
Who is the next doctor 2023
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This article is about the 2024 series. For the 1976–77 season, see Doctor Who (season 14),
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Original network||BBC One|
|← Previous 2023 specials|
|List of episodes|
The fourteenth series of the British science fiction television programme Doctor Who is set to premiere in 2024. It will be the fifth series led by Russell T Davies as head writer and executive producer, and the first since his return to the show, having previously worked on it from 2005–2010.
This series is set to be the fourteenth to air following the programme’s revival in 2005, and will be the fortieth season overall. The fourteenth series was announced with Davies’ return to the programme for its 60th anniversary in 2023 and beyond. The series will introduce Ncuti Gatwa as the Fifteenth Doctor, a new incarnation of the Doctor, an alien Time Lord who travels through time and space in the TARDIS, which appears to be a British police box from the outside.
The series also introduces Millie Gibson as the Doctor’s newest companion, Ruby Sunday. The series, which is set to be preceded by a festive episode in December 2023, is set to consist of eight episodes, which have been directed by Dylan Holmes Williams, Mark Tonderai, Julie Anne Robinson, Ben Chessell and Jamie Donoughue,