- 1 Where do footballers live in Essex
- 2 Where do millionaires live in Essex
- 3 What footballers live in Chigwell
Where do footballers live in Essex
Life in the Essex town where celebs flock and houses sell for millions Welcome to the Essex town that celebrities love to call home. Chigwell, located within the Epping Forest District, is part of the so-called ‘golden triangle’ of wealthy locations along with Loughton and Buckhurst Hill.
- This year it was also home to the most expensive house sold in the county – sold at an eye-watering £23million.
- Thanks to its close proximity to central London it takes just 30 minutes to get to Liverpool Street on the Central Line from Chigwell Station.
- However, the area also has plenty of rural appeal to people looking for the best of both worlds.
- And that idyllic location comes at a price – usually a sum that is well into the the six-figure mark.
- There is a reason, after all, that a large number of celebrities call this place home.
Where do most Manchester footballers live?
Alderley Edge and Prestbury – Piccolino in Alderley Edge (Image: MEN) At the glittering apex of Cheshire’s Golden Triangle lies Alderley Edge – probably the best known area for footballer homes in recent years, with past residents famously including David and Victoria Beckham and Rio Ferdinand. Kyle Walker’s partner Annie Kilner is good friends with Coleen Rooney – they watched the England match together (Image: PA) Man City’s Kyle Walker lives here, and he and his partner Annie Kilner are good pals with near neighbours and former England star Wayne Rooney and his wife Coleen who also live in Prestbury while they are in the process of building a new mansion in Cheshire. Keep up to date with the top stories about life in and around Trafford with the free email newsletter from MyTrafford. The MyTrafford newsletter goes out weekly on Tuesdays with a selection of our most popular articles, including the latest on the pandemic and how Trafford is emerging from lockdown.
Where do a lot of footballers live in London?
Cobham and Kingswood, Surrey – If you want to rub shoulders with a Chelsea player, the villages in and around the Cobham training ground are the best place to look – especially after Jose Mourinho’s famed rule of living no more than 3 miles away from training. Mansions like this house in Cobham are popular with Chelsea players (Image: Savills) Frank Lampard also lives in the area, with the ex-Chelsea man sharing a £10million pad with his wife and Loose Women star Christine. Nevertheless, some current and past Chelsea players have the money and just prefer living in more central locations like Battersea and Kensington.
Where do millionaires live in Essex
Essex’s top three ‘millionaire rows’ –
- There are the top three roads with the most residential sales of one million pounds or more since November 2008.
- The figures come from exclusive analysis of more than 120,000 seven-figure property transactions across England and Wales since November 2008.
- 1. High Road, Chigwell
The second-most expensive house on High Road, Chigwell sold for £4,250,000 last year (Image: Rightmove) The road is officially Essex’s ultimate ‘millionaire row’. The street has seen 42 homes change hands for a million pounds or more over the last decade. This house sold for £3 million in 2016 – the most expensive property on Norsey Road (Image: Rightmove) 3. Manor Road, Chigwell Chigwell also comes in at number three on the list with Manor Road. The street, which is also home to Grange Hill underground station, has seen 22 sales of over one million pounds since November 2008.
- On the list of streets with the most residential sales of one million pounds or more since November 2008, there is one clear winner:
- 1: High Road, Chigwell – 42
- 2: Norsey Road, Billericay – 29
- 3: High Road, Chigwell – 42
- 4: Norsey Road, Billericay – 29
- 5: Manor Road, Chigwell – 22
- 6: Mount Avenue, Brentwood – 19
- 7: Forest Lane, Chigwell – 18
- 8: Tycehurst Hill, Loughton, Epping Forest – 18
- 9: Alderton Hill, Loughton, Epping Forest – 17
- 10: Greenway, Brentwood – 17
- 11: Worrin Road, Brentwood – 17
- 12: Hainault Road, Chigwell – 15
- 13: Priests Lane, Brentwood – 15
What footballers live in Chigwell
This is how good Chelsea Academy Players’ weaker foot is! 😮🔥 #shorts | #SUCCESS4YOUNGSTERS
- Fans of Tottenham and West Ham will tell you that Chigwell is best known for being the place ‘where the footballers live’.
- Jermain Defoe and Paolo Di Canio are two more recent footballers to have lived in the area while England World Cup-winning captain, and West Ham legend, Bobby Moore also called Chigwell home at one point.
- Part of the reason Chigwell is so popular is partly because of its affluent status, but Tottenham also used to have their training ground nearby.
Further down the footballing pyramid are Leyton Orient. Now in playing in the National League, but also have their training ground a stone’s throw from the centre of Chigwell.
- It’s not just footballers living in the area though, famous faces from The Only Way is Essex have also upped sticks to the golden point.
- “We used to have Tottenham’s training ground here so you would see plenty of footballers but you also get a lot of the girls from TOWIE,” said Donna, who works at the Space boutique in Chigwell.
- “My shop doesn’t really cater for those types of girls, we tend to cater for the more classic shape.
- “But you often see the TOWIE girls from the show filming around and we actually used to live next door to one of the girls so she would pop round every so often.”
- Matt agreed.
- “You get footballers, retired footballers and Tottenham used to have their training ground around here,” he added.
- “But you still get their players.
- “In the area I have also heard there is a TOWIE tour that you can go and do – I haven’t been on that myself.
- “But you’ve also got places like Sheesh as well.”
- The Central Line
- Part of the reason Chigwell is so popular is it’s easy access to the central London.
- Chigwell station lies on the Central Line of the London Underground and has regular trains running all the time.
- Journey times from Chigwell to Liverpool Street are just 30 minutes while you can get to Oxford Circus in just 40 minutes.
Is Barnet UK a good place to live?
Living in Barnet | London Area Guide 2023 Barnet is a haven for homeowners seeking the best of the buzz of city culture while maintaining the tranquillity of green open spaces and near-countryside living. It is no wonder that Barnet is the most populous London borough.