Is Sigurdsson coming back
Former Everton and Tottenham midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson is BACK in football with a new club, more than two years after his last competitive appearance.
Which professional footballer was arrested in Paris?
Footballer and his partner arrested with ‘100 kilos’ of cocaine at Paris airport ACE ARRESTED
Published : 19:37, 5 Jan 2023 Updated : 20:24, 5 Jan 2023
A FOOTBALLER and his partner were arrested at Paris’ Charles de Gaulle airport with as much as 100kg of cocaine in their luggage, reports have suggested. Jean-Manuel Nedra, 29, plays for Aiglon du Lamentin in Martinique’s first division.1 A footballer and his partner were been arrested with 100kg of cocaine in their luggage Credit: Getty
Alongside his partner, Nedra was arrested after being found with as much as 100kg of cocaine in suitcases on Sunday.He was placed in pre-trial custody after being presented in front of an investigating judge, according to the local prosecutor’s office, via French newspaper,His partner is said to have been released.A statement from his club to local media said: “Without knowing his degree of involvement, we learned that one of our players was arrested at Roissy for drug smuggling.”Let us be stronger than ever and united to continue our work of education through sport, to fight against this scourge, to protect and alert our young people to the risks, consequences and abuses of this environment.”He is alleged to have been travelling in a personal capacity when he was arrested.Nedra, a midfielder, has represented Martinique internationally.He made his debut for the French overseas territory in 2012.
: Footballer and his partner arrested with ‘100 kilos’ of cocaine at Paris airport
Which footballer was stopped by the police
England footballer Danny Rose ‘regularly stopped by police and asked if his car is stolen’
- England footballer Danny Rose has claimed he is regularly stopped by police in his hometown – and was breathalysed after being approached by officers in a car park last week.
- The Premier League star said he is often asked by officers whether his car is stolen when returning home to Doncaster.
- “My friends have been there with me a lot of the time when it’s happened,” he told the Second Captains podcast.
- “The last time, last week, when I’d just been at my mum’s house, I had pulled up in a car park so the engine was off.
Image: The England footballer has suffered racist abuse on the pitch while playing for his country “The police pulled in and they brought a riot van, three police cars and they questioned me. They said they’d had a report that a car had not been driving correctly.
- Rose said he was first stopped by police at 15 years old and it is still happening now he is 30.
- “So 15 years of this on and off the field happening and there’s no change whatsoever,” he said.
- The Tottenham defender, who spent last season on loan at Newcastle, said there have also been incidents when he has travelled by train.
“One of the last times I got on the train, I got on with my bags and the attendant said; ‘Do you know this is first class?'” Rose told the podcast. “I say: ‘Yeah, so what?’ They ask to see my ticket and I show the lady it and – this is no word of a lie – two people, white people, walk on the train after me and she says nothing. Image: Rose takes a knee during a Premier League match while playing for Newcastle Rose continued: “People might think it happens but to me that’s racism. These are the things I have to put up with, being stopped all the time and being asked if I know this is first class and to show my ticket.”
- The defender has frequently spoken up about racism in football after he was in the Euro 2020 qualifiers against Montenegro.
- Rose along with teammates Raheem Sterling and Callum Hudson-Odoi were subjected to monkey chants from the stands during the match.
- But he insists the problem is not just in football and has said it is a “regular occurrence” for him to be stopped by police.
“Each time it’s; ‘Is this car stolen? Where did you get this car from? What are you doing here? Can you prove that you bought this car?'” he said. The footballer said he is doubtful things can change in the future because of the response he has received when bringing up racism.
- A spokesperson for South Yorkshire Police said: “Our officers work hard to ensure the roads of South Yorkshire are safe.
- “As part of this ongoing work, officers conduct regular traffic stops of drivers across all roads and areas of South Yorkshire.
- “For drivers who feel like they have been targeted for a stop, please be assured our officers’ actions are there to keep you and our communities safe.”
: England footballer Danny Rose ‘regularly stopped by police and asked if his car is stolen’
Who got banned from Chelsea?
Three-year football ban for Chelsea fan who made a racist gesture at Tottenham’s Son Heung-min
A Chelsea supporter has been banned from football for three years for a racially aggravated public order offence at Stamford Bridge.Thomas Burchell, 30 from Croydon made a racist gesture when Tottenham’s Son, who is South Korean, went to take a corner on the 14th August 2022.Chelsea identified him after images of the incident were shared on social media and reported to Kick it Out, the group which works to tackle racism in football.When confronted with the evidence, Burchell admitted to police that he made the gesture.Burchell was fined £726 at the City of London Magistrates’ Court, which was increased to reflect the racially aggravated element of the offence.He was also issued with a football banning order which prevents him from attending a live football match for three years.Kalsoom Shah, Senior Crown Prosecutor, said: “Football is a passionate sport but racist abuse will never be allowed to mar the game.”We know people who are responsible for these actions are part of a small minority and we will continue to encourage anyone who sees or experiences this kind of behaviour to report it to the police and help us rid football of racism.””Burchell’s offensive gesture means that he can longer see his team play live.”
Lionel Idan, Chief Crown Prosecutor for London South and national hate crime lead said: “the CPS has made it clear that all forms of hate crime will not be tolerated whether within or outside a football ground. Where our legal test is met, we will not hesitate to take people to court and seek harsher sentences so that justice is served.
Thomas Burchell (DOB: 03/02/1993) is from CroydonKhalsoom Shah is a Senior Crown Prosecutor within the Magistrates’ Unit in CPS London SouthLionel Idan is the CPS National Hate Crime Lead Prosecutor and the Chief Crown Prosecutor for London SouthCrimes that are motivated wholly or partly by hostility or demonstrate hostility towards the victim of the offence based on that person’s presumed race, religion, sexual orientation, transgender identity or disability are eligible for an increased sentence.
: Three-year football ban for Chelsea fan who made a racist gesture at Tottenham’s Son Heung-min
Who was arrested for match fixing
Sri Lanka’s Sachithra Senanayake arrested on charges related to match-fixing He is alleged to have attempted to convince players to fix in the 2020 Lanka Premier League Former Sri Lanka offspinner has been arrested by Sri Lanka Police on Wednesday, on charges related to match-fixing.
- According to the police’s media division, he is due to be produced in court in the next 24 hours.
- Senanayake, 38, is alleged to have attempted to convince players to fix in the 2020 Lanka Premier League.
- Although he was not himself a player in this tournament, and is understood to have been overseas at the time, Senanayake is alleged to have contacted more than one player taking part in the LPL.
This information was then allegedly conveyed to the tournament’s anti-corruption officers. The arrest was made under the Prevention of Offences Relating to Sports Act, which was introduced in 2019. Under this law, “any person who solicits, entices, persuades, or instructs any person to influence the result, progress, conduct of any sport, commits the offence of corruption in sports”.
This is the first arrest made under this act. Last month, a court had also imposed a travel ban on Senanayake, after a probe was launched into the allegations. Senanayake had had something of a storied career before being pulled up on his action in 2014. He’d been a key part of Sri Lanka’s triumphant 2014 T20 World Cup campaign, and had also been bought for USD $625,000 by Kolkata Knight Riders in the 2013 IPL season.
Although he made a return in 2014 with a remodeled bowling action, his career declined thereafter. He played the last of his 49 ODIs in December 2015, and the last of his 24 T20Is in 2016. He also played one Test in 2013, but didn’t take any wickets. Andrew Fidel Fernando is ESPNcricinfo’s Sri Lanka correspondent.
Who was the Arsenal player with the underage girl
Ex-Arsenal ace who had sex with girl, 14, & shared indecent images is jailed FOOTIE PAEDO CAGED AN ex-Arsenal footballer who had sex with a 14-year-old girl joked about “feeling like a paedo” and posted a naked “trophy” picture on Snapchat. Tyrell Robinson, 23, groomed three 14-year-old schoolgirls and plied the trio with vodka before having sex with one.6 Tyrell Robinson arrived at Bradford Crown Court today to be sentenced Credit: Ben Lack 6 Former Arsenal footballer Tyrell Robinson was today jailed for three-and-a-half years Credit: Getty Images – Getty
- Robinson had invited the schoolgirls to his Bradford flat for sex.
- The winger also took a photograph of his flatmate Korrie Berman, 22, having sex with the other two teenage victims, a court heard.
- Robinson, who started his career with Arsenal, had pleaded guilty to engaging in sexual activity with a child.
- He also admitted making an indecent image of a child and distributing an indecent image of a youngster.