What baby did Katherine Ryan have
Katherine Ryan welcomes baby daughter with husband Bobby Kootstra The Glamour Women of the Year Awards, © PA Wire/PA Images 16/12/2022 | 12:51 PM By Ellie Iorizzo, PA Senior Entertainment Reporter
- Katherine Ryan has named her third baby Fenna Grace with childhood sweetheart Bobby Kootstra.
- The 39-year-old Canadian comedian, star of the Netflix show The Duchess and a regular on panel shows including 8 Out Of 10 Cats, rekindled her romance with Kootstra following 20 years apart.
- On Instagram, Kootstra shared a picture of Ryan who was in a birthing pool at home, and another image of the new-born child sleeping.
He captioned it: “Fenna Grace Kootstra. Dec 16, at 12:05am. Mom is incredible! Proving her strength repeatedly through the relatively lengthy delivery at home. We are so blessed.” Famous faces took to social media to congratulate the couple, including fellow comedians Emily Atack and Tom Davis. Katherine Ryan and Bobby Kootstra (Yui Mok/PA)
- Ryan, who has a 13-year-old daughter, also shares a son with Kootstra, the child was born in 2021.
- She previously told The Jonathan Ross Show that she was considering having a home birth with her third child as she gives birth “quickly”, having nearly had her first child in the back of a mini-cab.
- Ryan is starring in upcoming Romantic Getaway, which is written by and stars comedian Romesh Ranganathan and will air on Sky in January.
How old is the youngest kid to be potty trained?
Potty training success hinges on physical, developmental and behavioral milestones, not age. Many children show signs of being ready for potty training between ages 18 and 24 months. However, others might not be ready until they’re 3 years old. There’s no rush.
What does Katherine Ryan’s husband do for a living?
Who is Bobby Kootstra? – Bobby Kootstra has been Katherine’s partner since 2018, although they have known each other since their early days in Canada. Childhood sweethearts, the two parted ways initially before rekindling things this side of the Atlantic.
What has Katherine Ryan been in recently?
2nd August 2023 – UKTV has commissioned Katherine Ryan: Parental Guidance (W/T) (4×60′) a brand-new documentary series led by comedian Katherine Ryan for free-to-air entertainment channel W and catch-up service UKTV Play. Produced by Expectation, the UKTV Original series, airing next year, will see Katherine explore a whole host of extreme parenting techniques, and evaluate whether they might benefit her own family life.
Atherine Ryan said Since filming Backstage with Katherine Ryan, I’ve been hoping to work with Expectation on another unique ‘all access’ project. Parental Guidance gives plenty of food for thought while putting comedy front and centre. We are thrilled to bring this provocative new show to UKTV. Never seen before, Katherine Ryan: Parental Guidance (W/T) offers a unique insight into unconventional parenting techniques and “alternative” lifestyles.
From potty training at eight months to co-sleeping, some might consider Katherine’s own parenting methods to be extreme – but that’s nothing compared to the extreme parents she’ll be meeting in this series. With special access to Katherine’s family life, viewers will see how she juggles parenthood with the glamourous and often intense lifestyle of being a comedian at the top of her game.
- With Katherine’s unique brand of unfiltered, comedic honesty she will explore the universal issues facing children today – lifting the lid on her and her husband Bobby’s different parenting styles in the process.
- Atherine Ryan: Parental Guidance (W/T) has been commissioned by Kirsty Hanson, commissioning editor with Helen Nightingale, head of factual and factual entertainment, and ordered by Adam Collings, channel director for W and Hilary Rosen, director of commissioning.
Produced by Expectation, Lucy Palmer, Ben Wicks and Amy Dallmeyer are executive producers. Kirsty Hanson said This feels like the real Motherland, but with privileged access and genuine revelation seen through the searingly honest comedic lens of Katherine Ryan.
I am thrilled to be working with Expectation on a series unlike anything Katherine has done before. Adam Collings said It feels like a real coup to have Katherine come to W, and I cannot wait to share the show with our viewers who already love her and her unique outlook on life. This series is a perfect accompaniment to our slate of original programming and will kick off our 2024 in a brilliantly unfiltered style.
Ben Wicks, creative director entertainment, Expectation said We are elated to be making this exciting and brilliantly unique new series with Katherine, it will be proof, if ever it were needed, that she has the sharpest and most enquiring comedic mind around today.
- It will be part-investigation, part-peek-behind the scenes, yet wholly hilarious.
- Atherine Ryan: Parental Guidance (W/T) will air on W and UKTV Play next year and is the latest addition to W’s growing slate of celebrity led UKTV Originals including the recently announced Gemma and Gorka: Life Behind the Lens, and the recent return of Stacey Dooley Sleeps Over.
Katherine Ryan is represented by Kitty Laing at United Agents Ltd. For more information, please contact: Gem Pinkney, Head of Consumer Comms, UKTV Mel Lynch, Publicist, UKTV About W Freeview 25, Sky 132/827 (HD), Virgin 125/211 (HD), Freesat 156 W is a TV channel passionate about people and finding the joy in everyday moments.
Its quality mix of UKTV Originals featuring heart-warming shows led by some of the UK’s most-loved talent, and uplifting series shining a light on heroic emergency services, are complemented by high quality acquisitions. W shows tap into the raw and genuine heart swell moments, from emotions running high at the sound of a baby’s first cry in the award-winning Emma Willis: Delivering Babies, to heart-stopping drama for the incredible frontline workers in Inside the Ambulance, Nurses on the Ward and 999 Rescue Squad,
Elsewhere, award-winning documentary maker Stacey Dooley offers an unfiltered insight into unseen areas of modern relationships and family life in the hit series Stacey Dooley Sleeps Over, while Rochelle Hulmes helps deserving families transform their homes in Rochelle Humes: Interior Designer in the Making.
- W is also the exclusive home to the joyfully competitive MasterChef franchise, including MasterChef Australia, MasterChef USA and MasterChef Juniors.
- About UKTV Play UKTV Play is an on demand TV service providing instant access to shows from UKTV’s free-to-air channels – Dave, W, Yesterday and Drama.
With the easy-to-use UKTV Play app you can browse and stream hundreds of shows for free via your computer, tablet or smart phone. You can also watch on the telly thanks to Freeview Play, Amazon Fire TV, YouView, Samsung TV, Apple TV, Freesat, NOW and Roku.
If you’re a Sky or Virgin Media customer, shows from other great UKTV channels – Gold, Alibi, and Eden – are also on the menu. uktvplay.co.uk About UKTV UKTV has been at the forefront of branded television for over 30 years, entertaining the nation with programmes they love. Its leading brands – Dave, Gold, W, Drama, Alibi, Eden and Yesterday – span comedy, entertainment, natural history, factual and drama, and are delivered to audiences through UKTV Play, Freeview, Sky, Virgin Media, BT, TalkTalk, YouView, Freesat and Amazon Fire.
The broadcaster is a significant investor in British creativity and is committed to working with new and established writers, directors and programme-makers. UKTV is part of BBC Studios, the UK’s most-awarded production company, a world-class distributor with international branded services, and a commercial subsidiary of the world’s leading public service broadcaster, the BBC.
- About Katherine Ryan Award-winning comedian, writer, presenter, and actress Katherine Ryan is at the top of her game.
- Atherine’s upcoming flagship 6 x 60′ comedy travel show with Joe Wilkinson for Channel 4 will air later this year.
- She recently starred in the A League of Their Own: Lionesses Special on Sky Max with Maisie Adams and Jill Scott.
Earlier in 2023 she starred in the Sky Original comedy series, Romantic Getaway, with Romesh Ranganathan. She will soon be seen again on Cats Does Countdown for Channel 4. Also this year, Katherine starred in the latest series of Celebrity Gogglebox for Channel Four as well as Sky’s Never Mind The Buzzcocks and BBC’s The Chris and Rosie Ramsay Series.
- In 2022, Katherine hosted her own hilarious 6-part global flagship series for Amazon Prime – Backstage with Katherine Ryan.
- She also hosted two series of the hit primetime BBC Two jewelry-making competition series All That Glitters.
- Her latest comedy special, Missus, aired on Sky Comedy in late 2022 to huge acclaim.
It followed a year-long international sell-out tour. Her debut 6 x 30′ Netflix sitcom The Duchess – which she wrote, executive produced and starred in – was released in September 2020 and leapt to the top of the UK Netflix chart. She was also only the second UK-based comedian to get a Netflix Global comedy special (after Jimmy Carr) and the first woman (2017’s In Trouble).
Has Katherine Ryan got children?
Does Katherine Ryan have children? – Katherine and her husband have three children, Violet, Fred and Fenna Grace. She announced the arrival of her youngest child, Fenna Grace, in December 2022. Fred is one-years-old, while her eldest Violet is 13-years-old. Ryan admitted she was shocked to fall pregnant with her youngest child so soon after giving birth to Fred.