Who is leaving Emmerdale after 12 years
An Emmerdale actor has spoken about his “really sad” final scenes as he prepares to “leave” the ITV soap after 12 years. Liam Fox who plays one of the Dale’s favourite characters Dan Spencer has said reading the exit scripts “made me cry a few times”.
Is Dan from Emmerdale leaving for good
What has Liam Fox said about leaving Emmerdale? – While it was previously unknown how long Dan would be away from the soap for, and if the exit was permanent, it has since been revealed by Liam Fox that he is off to explore new opportunities. Sharing a message to co-stars and fans on Instagram, Liam wrote: “Thank you @itv @itvxofficial @emmerdale for 12 years of incredible memories I’ll miss you all, but for now at least it’s time for new adventures love you all! But I need this break, I need to face the fear! Who knows what the future holds!!!! ❤️❤️❤️” Recently, actor Liam Fox opened up about Dan Spencer’s “very emotional” final scenes, revealing that he teared up while reading the script.
Liam said: “When I read the scripts, it was like: ‘Wow, this is awesome.’ “He’s kind of taking it all in and realising that he’s going and getting support from other people in the village. There’s some lovely stuff. Before he goes, he goes into the Woolpack and Man Club are there and really supporting him.
“It’s really well written, really nice stuff. It made me cry a few times reading it, so yeah, very emotional, lovely stuff. I feel very lucky to get that sort of script around the story.” He has, however, also teased a potential return to the soap, sharing a picture on Instagram which reads ‘James Bond will return’, tagging ITV and Emmerdale in the caption. Dan Spencer handed himself into the police following Lloyd’s death. Picture: ITV
Is Russia leaving Emmerdale?
Is Rishi dead in Emmerdale? – Sadly, Rishi Sharma is indeed dead, with Bhasker Patel bowing out of the soap after a 12-year stint playing the character. ‘Thanks for watching Rishi over the years. I feel privileged to have been part of the show for 12 years,’ the actor said,
I have loved it and will miss it enormously, especially my friends and working in the beautiful village of Emmerdale. Thank you for watching. Stay safe.’ Thursday night’s episode saw Jai hoping that Rishi would make it to his wedding, in spite of his discovery – which was made worse for him by knowing that Rishi had kept all of it a secret from him for so many years.
As he confronted his father with what he’d discovered he initially met a wall of silence as Rishi refused to talk about it, before eventually telling him that his mum, Georgia (Lin Blakley), had been pregnant when they met. Jai’s biological father hadn’t been in the picture, and Rishi was happy to take the baby on and bring him up as his own son when he and Georgia married. Jai previously confronted Rishi over his discovery (Picture: ITV) ‘In the church Jai kept turning around to see if his dad was going to turn up. And at the wedding reception he kept looking at the door to see if his dad was going to walk in. ‘The whole thing was making Jai anxious and he realised he just needed to get on and enjoy the day – as the day was about Laurel.
But he was really disappointed that Rishi wasn’t there.’ The scene has now been set for Jai to be devastated when he finds out the reason behind Rishi’s no-show. ‘Of course he’s going to be very very upset on discovering his father. ‘Not just the sadness of losing his dad but the circumstances. Because they hadn’t had a chance to resolve things.
Although it’s not just Jai who will be feeling the loss, with Bisson admitting how much he is missing Patel’s presence during filming. ’12 years is a long time,’ he said of the actor’s exit. ‘And over the years we’ve had some great stories and have had a lot of fun too.
- Bhasker and I got on really well personally so that makes a big difference and the loss even greater – we all miss him in the building.
- Emmerdale continues on Friday night on ITV at 7.30pm.
- If you’ve got a soap or TV story, video or pictures get in touch by emailing us [email protected] – we’d love to hear from you.
Join the community by leaving a comment below and stay updated on all things soaps on our homepage, MORE : Emmerdale reveals what happens next as regretful Jai Sharma finds dead Rishi MORE : Emmerdale star Bhasker Patel reacts to exit as Rishi Sharma dies in tragic wedding twist MORE : Emmerdale spoilers: Laurel stunned as Colin publicly rages at her – but he regrets it
Is Rishi in Emmerdale leaving the soap?
Emmerdale’s Bhasker recently broke his silence after his much-loved character, Rishi, died in a shock twist after 12 years in the village as fans grieved the character’s sad death Video Loading Video Unavailable Bhasker Patel on character being ‘killed off’ Actor Bhasker Patel looks almost unrecognisable after his character, Rishi Sharma, was killed off Emmerdale last month. After his departure from the ITV1 soap, Bhasker, 67, left fans delighted after sharing snaps from his latest project after his character, Rishi Sharma, was killed off the hit ITV soap in July.
- Taking to Instagram, the actor revealed it was a “wrap” on the movie Leviathan, which is a ten-part film cycle, as he shared a collection of snaps.
- Bhasker penned: “That’s a WRAP on #leviathancycle #episode #epidose10 @xanadujenn @bartsienkiewicz #shezaddawood #director @emebenjamin @hyovaro finally said bye to Nemo #character & reunited with Ding Ling #thatsallfolks.” Since then, the soap star has been making the most of his time off and recently enjoyed a day trip to Sussex where he enjoyed a pub lunch with his beloved dog.
The former Emmerdale actor delighted his fans and followers as he posted a sweet snap of himself feeding his dog while sitting in a beer garden – and sporting a bushy grey beard. Rishi, died in a shock twist after 12 years in the village ( Image: @bhaskerpatel/Instagram) Beaming to the camera while donning a bright blue shirt, Bhasker looked worlds away from his Emmerdale character as he rocked a much more rugged look than his clean-shaven Emmerdale character, Rishi.
Alongside the sweet snap, the actor wrote: “Loving the long walk but not the strong L wind today. Bit pebbly underfoot.” It comes as Rishi’s cause of death was revealed last week after fans had feared a “sinister” twist. Last month, as Jai Sharma and Laurel Thomas celebrated their wedding together with their family and friends, Rishi was not present, having fallen out with his son over lying about who his father really was.
In an emotional speech, Jai spoke of celebrating absent friends, as he thanked his dad Rishi for always supporting him and vowed to talk to him soon and tell him how much he meant to him. And, in true soap style, the camera then panned to see Rishi lying dead at the bottom of the stairs in a heartbreaking twist with his body discovered by Jai,
Soap watchers had been quick to speculate Rishi’s cause of death with many wondering if he fell down the stairs or if he had a heart attack due to his past heart issues. However, some viewers predicted a more sinister twist and that Rishi could have been pushed down the stairs as they questioned who could be a suspect.
Emmerdale’s Rishi actor unrecognisable just days after shock soap exit ( Image: instagram.com/bhaskerpatel) The actor has been sporting a rugged beard after his Emmerdale exit ( Image: Ken McKay/ITV/REX/Shutterstock) However, despite viewers’ speculation, Rishi’s cause of death was revealed on Friday’s episode as an accidental fall.
- Jai told his new wife Laurel: “Dad’s body has been released.
- The coroner has confirmed the death as accidental fall.” To which Laurel replied: “Oh Jai, I know you thought it was his heart so that’s a huge weight lifted.” Jai added: “Yeah, it is, now I can concentrate on giving him the best send-off that I can.” Emmerdale’s Bhasker recently broke his silence after his much-loved character, Rishi, died in a shock twist after 12 years in the village.
Appearing on Lorraine with co-star Chris Bisson, who plays Jai, Rishi star Bhasker, 67, got teary over his emotional ITV soap exit and revealed that producers decided to kill his character off. He said: “When the producer rang me and said: ‘I need to talk to you and we’re killing you off because we want a big story and it’s going to be a big surprise.’ Because of my 12 years at ITV, they let me do a lot of other work, so I felt a part of ITV, a part of Rishi, but at the same time.
- I was working in London as well.
- So when the producer said ‘we’re going to kill you off’, I was like: ‘Okay, that part of my life with this guy is over and I’m going to move on’.” To which guest host Christine Lampard said: “It’s brutal though: ‘we’re going to kill you off’ what a sentence to hear!” Later on the show, Christine, 44, decided to read out some messages from fans, which left Bhasker emotional as he wiped away tears.
Emmerdale airs weeknights at 7:30pm on ITV1 and ITVX, with an hour-long episode on Thursdays. Follow Mirror Celebs on Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Threads,
Why is Pearl not speaking in Emmerdale?
Break and departure – Johnson took an extended break from Emmerdale in 2019. The break was written in as Pearl going on a caravan holiday. Shortly after her return, due to her age, Johnson was considered too vulnerable to continue filming. Her final appearance aired on 30 March 2020 in scenes that see Pearl express her independence by moving away to live in a caravan.
Why is Rishi Sharma leaving Emmerdale
Emmerdale actor Bhasker Patel has detailed the moment he was told by ITV bosses his character Rishi Sharma would meet a deadly end. Appearing on Lorraine, the soap star spoke about his shock exit alongside his on-screen son Jai Sharma (played by Chris Bisson).
- Stand-in presenter Christine Lampard questioned Bhasker on how he found out the role he’d been playing for 12 years was being killed off.
- Highlighting that he’d been an actor since the 1980s, he replied: “Getting a job like this, it’s like a godsend.
- When the producer rang me and said, ‘Ah, we’re going to need to talk to you and we’re killing you off because we want a big story and this is going to be a big surprise.’ The 67-year-old confessed during his time on the soap, bosses let him do other acting work and although he felt part of ITV, he had a lot of other acting commitments in London.
He continued: “When the producers said we were going to kill you off, I was like, ‘Ok, that part of my life with this guy is over and I’m going to move on.'” The shocking scenes unfolded on Thursday night during Jai’s wedding to Laurel Thomas (Charlotte Bellamy).
- As Rishi had failed to turn up to the wedding, viewers saw him lying unresponsive at the bottom of the stairs.
- His sudden death comes during a tough time in Rishi and Jai’s relationship after it was revealed that he wasn’t his biological father, his uncle was.
- As the duo weren’t on the best of terms before Rishi’s death, actor Chris told Christine: “There’s lots of guilt and stuff going on at the minute.
“He’s got to come to terms that he was at loggerheads with his dad before he died.” Showing viewers a preview of Friday night’s episode, they got to see the moment Jai discovers his father’s body. As Christine was moved by the extremely sad scenes, the actors revealed Bhasker had to play dead for two days whilst they filmed.