- 1 Why Ronaldo is more famous than Messi
- 2 Why Ronaldo is better than Messi
- 3 Has Ronaldo ever scored an own goal
- 4 Who is the legend of football history
Why Ronaldo is more famous than Messi
The Messi–Ronaldo rivalry, or Ronaldo–Messi rivalry, is a sporting rivalry in football propelled by the media and fans that involves Argentine footballer Lionel Messi and Portuguese footballer Cristiano Ronaldo, mainly for being contemporaries and for their similar records and sporting success.
They spent nine seasons in the prime of their careers facing off regularly while playing for rival clubs Barcelona and Real Madrid, Together they have achieved various historical milestones in the sport, coming to be considered as two of the best players of all time. They are two of the most decorated footballers ever, having won a combined 79 official trophies (Messi 44, Ronaldo 35) during their senior careers thus far, and have regularly broken the 50-goal barrier in a single season.
They are the only two players to score over 800 goals each in their careers for club and country. Ronaldo holds the record for most official goals in a career. A cigarette strap bin titled in Polish “Who is the better player?” in an attempt to establish who the best player is among the duo. Journalists and pundits regularly argue the individual merits of both players in an attempt to establish who they believe is the best player in modern football or ever.
Regardless of preference, football critics generally agree that they are both the best players of their generation, outperforming their peers by a significant margin. Ronaldo has received praise for his physical attributes, goalscoring skills, leadership and performance under pressure, while Messi is lauded for his combination of dribbling, playmaking, passing and goalscoring.
It has been compared to past global sports rivalries such as the Muhammad Ali – Joe Frazier rivalry in boxing, the Prost–Senna rivalry in motorsport, and the tennis rivalries between Federer–Nadal and Borg–McEnroe, Some commentators choose to analyse the differing physiques and playing styles of the two, while part of the debate revolves around the contrasting personalities of the two players; Ronaldo is sometimes described as someone of temperamental character while Messi is considered to have a more reserved personality.
Why Ronaldo is better than Messi
5) Ronaldo is a more complete player – Messi and Ronaldo are amongst the most complete football players to ever play the game. But if you had to compare the skills between these two titans of the sport, Ronaldo manages to just edge Messi. Ronaldo is taller and more robustly built than Messi, and this physical difference accounts for their differing styles of play.
Messi is shorter, more compact, and less powerful, thus he relies on his incredible agility and ball control. In contrast, Ronaldo can rely on his strength and power against defenders. These are situations where agility alone, just won’t cut it. Ronaldo’s superior power and physique gives him a greater free-kicking and long-range kicking ability than Messi.
Due to the big height difference, Ronaldo can pull off ridiculous jumps, something Messi just physically can’t match.
Has anyone scored 3 own goals in football?
1. Stan Van Den Buys, Germinal Ekeren, 1995 – 5 of 5
And No.1 is a Belgian who would be referred to as SVDB in today’s modern world of acronyms. Stan Van Den Buys not only has a memorable name, but he also had a memorable game. The only player to ever score a hat-trick of own goals in one match. When Germinal Ekeren faced RSC Anderlecht in the Belgian League, Van Den Buys managed to score not one, not two but three goals in the opposition’s net. The final score was 3-2 and the blame landed squarely on the shoulders of Stan, which is unfair really, as not many people could mess up so spectacularly. He should really be applauded. So as it turns out, Jon Walters didn’t really have that bad a day after all. Well, if you speak to SVDB that is.
Who is the king of football now?
Who is the king of football now 2023? Lionel Messi is the holder of the title ‘King of football.’ He is best known for his dribbling skills, tricks on the field, impossible goals, and never-ending determination to win the game.
How many goals Erling Haaland scored?
Erling Haaland goals 2022/23 –
Erling Haaland has been scoring at an INSANE rate. 🤯 #ManCity pic.twitter.com/ZlhrEmFEYb — NBC Sports Soccer (@NBCSportsSoccer) May 3, 2023
Has Ronaldo ever scored an own goal
Ronaldo scored an own goal in 2013 when he headed the ball into his own net from a corner kick against Granada. Real Madrid went on to lose the match, with Ronaldo’s own goal separating the two sides.
Who is the goat of football 2016?
Lionel Messi of Argentina is undoubtedly the GOAT of football in the 21st century. The acronym GOAT stands for Greatest of All Time and Messi is unquestionably the greatest of all time when it comes to football in the modern era. His latest conquest of the FIFA World Cup further cemented that claim as the Argentine captain became the only player to score in the group stages, the round of 16, quarter-final, semi-final and final as Argentina beat France to lift FIFA World Cup 2022,
- Football and by extension, sports fans, in the modern era are well familiar with the term ‘GOAT.’ It can be found in almost all corners of popular culture these days and is used to signify someone or something being the greatest or the best of all time.
- Although the words ‘all time’ appear in the acronym GOAT, meaning a sense of perpetuity and finality, its usage is obviously casual and not absolute.
When it comes to the GOAT of football, many fans, journalists, and professional players and managers have different opinions, but everyone broadly agrees on one man being the GOAT of the modern era. Welcome 2023 with a new fest – the Zero Se Hero Gold Fest from 31 December 2022 to 29th January 2023, hosted by MPL – India’s Biggest Gaming Platform,
- Celebrate the New Year by playing your favourite games such as Ludo, Snakes & Ladders, Rummy, Poker, call break, Opinio, and Fantasy, for ” ZERO PAISE “, and ” WIN GOLD “, along with other prizes worth lakhs.
- Play lobbies and tournaments daily for free and win gold every day.
- Losing is not on the cards this fest – if you lose a game, you can get the amount refunded and continue playing.
Who is the GOAT of football in the 21st century?
Who is the legend of football history
Greatest Football Player of All Time: Pele Pele, the legendary Brazilian footballer, is generally deemed the best football player in the world of all time. Pele is considered the god of football. There’s not a single player who has won more world cups than him.
Who has more assists Messi or Ronaldo?
Messi vs Ronaldo: Assists –
- Just like on the goal front, Messi also wins out when looking at assists recorded by the pair while playing in Europe.
- Regarded by some as the greatest playmaker of his generation, the Argentine star managed to record 303 assists through his 853 total club appearances for Barcelona and PSG combined.
- For his four clubs on the other hand, Ronaldo managed to record 203 assists across 949 outings — a considerably lower average per game than Messi.
Interestingly, Ronaldo does beat out Messi in this category when looking at certain competitions. For instance, the Portuguese did record 41 assists to Messi’s 40 assists in the Champions League, though he did play substantially more matches.
|Lionel Messi||Cristiano Ronaldo|
|European club appearances||853||949|
|European club assists||303||203|
How many goals has Mbappe scored?
Kylian Mbappe goals in total for club and country
How many goals Neymar has?
How many goals does Neymar have in total for PSG, Barcelona, Santos, Al-Hilal, and Brazil? – Santos FC It all started at Santos for the gifted attacker and that’s where he found the net the most often to date, despite leaving his native country for a move to La Liga at a young age. Neymar netted an impressive 136 goals in 225 appearances in all competitions for Santos.
That was enough to earn his big-money move to Barcelona and he did not waste any time to make an impact at the Camp Nou side either. Playing alongside fellow superstars Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez, Neymar more than enjoyed himself in Catalunya and got a cool 105 goals in 186 matches. He became the world’s most-expensive player back in 2017 after PSG forked out £198 million to sign him from Barcelona.
Although he has been unable to bring the club their much-craved Champions League success, which he did manage to lift in 2015 with Barcelona, the Samba ace scored 82 goals in 112 Ligue 1 matches since, winning the title five out of his six years at the French capital.
Who is the most achieved player in football history?
1. Lionel Messi (44 trophies) – Lionel Messi after winning the FIFA World Cup 2022 Leo Messi is the player with the most trophies in football history. With this latest trophy Leagues Cup for Inter Miami CF, the magician from Argentina won his 44th trophy in his career. He won back-to-back international trophies with Argentina within a span of one year as he won the Copa America 2021 and then went on to win the Finalissima 2022 as well as the FIFA World Cup 2022. Messi with the Leagues Cup 2023 Trophy for Inter Miami CF. Messi has won La Liga 10 times, the Champions League four times, and Spanish Cup seven times. The Argentine maestro has also won the Olympics Gold Medal with his country.
|FIFA Club World Cup||3|
|UEFA Champions League||4|
|FIFA U-20 World Cup||1|
|UEFA Super Cup||3|
|Spanish Super Cup||8|
|French Super Cup||1|
|FIFA World Cup||1|
|LEAGUES CUP WINNER||1|
Lionel Messi’s Trophy Cabinet in details Note: This article was first written by Debangshu Biswas and then got updated by Koushik Biswas. Stats are taken from Transfermakrt.com and accurate as of 20/8/2023
How many goals has Ronaldo scored?
List of career achievements by Cristiano Ronaldo
Ronaldo presenting his to fans at the before a in January 2015 Over the course of his career, Portuguese has received five / awards, the most for a European player. Widely regarded as one of the greatest players of all time, Ronaldo holds the record for most goals and assists in the (140 and 42 respectively), and the record for most goals in the (14), its qualification stage (36), and the (7), as well as most goals scored in (17), most international goals (123), and most appearances in a European national team (201).