- 1 Who has broken more records Messi or Ronaldo
- 2 Who is the king of football 2023
- 3 What is greatest of all time
- 4 Who is Man City biggest rival
- 5 How many trophies Messi have
Who has broken more records Messi or Ronaldo
Messi surpasses Ronaldo as footballer with most Guinness World Records
- Lionel Messi is the footballer with the most Guinness World Records (GWR).
- In a Twitter post on Tuesday, the British reference book announced that the Argentine surpassed Cristiano Ronaldo on the log for the most record titles.
- Messi is said to have 41 records to his name, while Ronaldo falls just one short at 40.
- Robert Lewandowski is placed distanced third with nine records, followed by Kylian Mbappe and Neymar with five and four records, respectively, to complete the top five.
- For now, Messi is clear of Ronaldo 👀
- Lionel Messi has 41 titles whereas Cristiano Ronaldo has 40
- — Guinness World Records (@GWR)
- Some of the records held by Messi include: Most goals scored in a La Liga career, most assists in a La Liga career, most wins of the European Golden Shoe award, most football goals scored in a calendar year, and the first player to score in five different World Cups.
- Messi Inter Miami FC in the United States Major League Soccer (MLS) after leaving (PSG) earlier this summer.
- Ronaldo, on the other hand, to Al Nassr in the Saudi Pro League in 2022 for a deal that will earn him a total of close to €200 million per year — the highest salary ever paid to a professional footballer.
- For nearly two decades, the duo had entertained football fans with an unrivalled rivalry throughout their stay in European football.
- Nobody aside the duo won the men’s Ballon d’Or prize between 2008 and 2017.
: Messi surpasses Ronaldo as footballer with most Guinness World Records
Who has more trophies in Europe Messi or Ronaldo?
Cristiano Ronaldo vs Lionel Messi career goals –
However, Lionel Messi has won more trophies than Cristiano Ronaldo across various football competitions for club and country. While Messi has claimed 42 trophies in his career, Ronaldo has clinched 34 titles so far. Messi’s 42 trophies include ten La Liga titles, seven Copa del Rey titles, four UEFA Champions Leagues and the Copa America title.
Who is the king of football 2023
Lionel Messi (Inter Miami & Argentina) (Total Football Goals: 819) As of 10 Sep 2023, Lionel Messi has scored more than 700 goals for club and 100 goals for his country Argentina. Messi has scored 11 goals for Inter Miami in 11 appearances overall.
Who is the most decorated player between Messi and Ronaldo?
Messi becomes most decorated player in history moments after Ronaldo misses out on title.
Is Messi the most decorated player?
A player for the big games – Messi also scored to make it 1-0 in the Leagues Cup final, which is no surprise given that he has scored 37 goals in finals. He scored 31 of those while wearing the blaugrana jersey, including the memorable goals in Rome and Wembley in the 2009 and 2011 Champions League finals respectively against Manchester United. : Leo Messi becomes the most decorated player in history
Who is the most decorated footballer in history?
Lionel Messi becomes most decorated player in football history as he wins 44th career trophy Lionel Messi is now the most decorated footballer in the history of the sport. On Saturday night, the Argentinian icon picked up his first trophy with new side Inter Miami, which also happened to be the first silverware the club have won since being founded in 2018.2 Messi has now led Inter Miami to their first ever trophy – and his 44th Credit: Getty 2 The World Cup is of course the crowning glory in Messi’s trophy cabinet Credit: Getty
What is greatest of all time
The Greatest of All Time is a term used to describe the ultimate incarnation of anything, from an athlete to an automobile, frequently used in popular lists of superlatives. It is typically abbreviated as G.O.A.T.
Who is Man City biggest rival
Manchester United – Wembley pictured before Manchester City’s 1–0 victory against Manchester United in the 2011 FA Cup semi-final. Manchester City supporters can be seen in blue. Although City fans currently suggest Liverpool F.C are their biggest rivals, most fans still agree that Manchester United are their main rivalry, a rivalry which has reignited in last few years due to the resurgence of Manchester City as one of the top teams in England following their brief absence from the top flight at the end of the 20th century and City’s re-emergence as a major club following their 2008 takeover.
Both Manchester teams are regarded as among the best teams in the world, with both clubs consistently progressing to the latter stages of the UEFA Champions League in recent years and both being in the top five of football clubs by revenue. As such, Manchester is now viewed as a football city in similar vein to cities such as Madrid and Milan, although City’s disappearance from the upper echelons of the league following their 1960s–70s heyday until their recent rise has led to the two teams being regarded as polar opposites, with City seen as the nouveau riche to United’s old money.
The two sets of fans are traditionally diametrically opposed to each other, with City’s fans accusing United of arrogance and of attempting to turn the Premier League into a closed shop for elite clubs only via manipulation of the rules and of the media while they in turn are accused of using their club’s money as a route to success.
Additionally, and in a unique twist on a cross-city rivalry, both clubs’ fans accuse each other of not representing their city, with the blue half of the city observing that their adversaries do not actually play in the city of Manchester (in Trafford ) and therefore do not warrant their name, while the red half instead argue over which team has more fans inside of the city.
City fans often ridicule United fans for being tourists in a play towards United’s global fan base, stating that City is the club for the locals and United fans travel up from London or fly in from Europe and Asia for a day out. Following on from this City fans have often called United “Plastics” or “Glory Supporters” again in reference to their on the field dominance over several decades that made the club hugely popular with football supporters outside of Manchester.
In turn due to the growth of City’s global status following their 2008 takeover which brought an up turn in success on the field, United fans have said many plastic fans have jumped on City’s bandwagon. The most commonly used name by City fans to describe their cross-city rivals is the term “Rags”, this is due to a period after World War II where United were given use of City’s Maine Road stadium after Old Trafford had been bombed by the Luftwaffe,
United at the time were so poor that they had to wear kits that after a while started to resemble old rags. City fans refer to United’s stadium as “The Swamp”, whilst United call the City of Manchester Stadium, the “Emptyhad”, which is a play on the words “Empty” and “Etihad” (the sponsored name of the stadium), which is a well known anti-City jibe that stems from the myth that City have consistently low attendances due to sporadic visible light blue empty seats at some City home games.
Who is better Man City or Liverpool?
Honours – Historically, Liverpool has won more trophies than Manchester City, with the latter achieving a breakthrough success only in the 2010s, following their purchase by the Abu Dhabi United Group, Liverpool has fourteen European/international honours to Manchester City’s three, but City have been more successful domestically in the modern era, winning seven league titles since 2012, while Liverpool ended their thirty-year title drought by winning the 2019–20 Premier League,
|Team||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Community Shield||FL Super Cup||European Cup/ Champions League||UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup||UEFA Cup/ Europa League||UEFA Super Cup||Intercontinental Cup||FIFA Club World Cup||Total|
Which team has most FIFA trophies in football?
Most FIFA World Cup wins: Know the most successful football nations The first football FIFA World Cup for men was held in 1930 while the women’s tournament debuted in 1991. (2002 Getty Images) The FIFA World Cup is the most prestigious competition in world, with the best national teams from across the globe competing for the honour every four years. Initially, only men’s teams competed at the quadrennial showpiece. The women’s FIFA World Cup was introduced in 1991. Uruguay won the first World Cup held in 1930, beating Argentina 4-2 in the final. (Getty Images) The men’s Brazil football team has the most FIFA World Cup wins, Brazil have lifted the World Cup a record five times – 1958, 1962, 1970, 1994 and 2002. They are also the only team to compete in all 21 editions.
- Nicknamed ‘ La Selecao ‘, Brazil are also the most successful men’s team in the World Cup in terms of matches played (109), matches won (73) and goals scored (229).
- When Brazil won the title for the first time in 1958, legendary striker Pele came to the fore.
- He scored six goals in that edition, including two in the final against Sweden.
During his illustrious career, Pele went on to win three FIFA World Cups – 1958, 1962 and 1970 – and remains the only player to achieve this feat to date. Brazilian legend Pele is the only player to win the FIFA World Cup three times. (Getty Images) Hot on the heels of Brazil in the list of most FIFA World Cup wins are Germany and Italy, winning the trophy four times each. While Germany won it in 1954, 1974, 1990 and 2014, Italy were the champions in 1934, 1938, 1982 and 2006.
- Germany’s run in the World Cup can be divided into three periods, Germany pre World War II, West Germany and the present-day reunified Germany.
- However, all three are considered one nation in the record books.
- The European giants have also finished among the top three a record 12 times, including four second-place finishes.
Former German striker Miroslav Klose holds the record for the most number of goals scored at the FIFA World Cup, netting 16 goals across four editions. Germany players celebrate their first World Cup triumph in 1954. (1954 Getty Images)
- Italy, meanwhile, lifted the World Cup on their debut in 1934 and successfully defended it in 1938, becoming the first team to win back-to-back titles.
- Despite being one of the most successful teams, Italy failed to qualify for the FIFA World Cups in 2018 and 2022.
- The other nations to win the FIFA World Cup more than once are Argentina (3), France (2) and Uruguay (2).
While Argentina triumphed in 1978, 1986 and 2022, Uruguay were victorious in 1930 and 1950. France won it in 1998 and 2018.
- The Netherlands have reached the final thrice – 1974, 1978 and 2010 – but are yet to add their name to the World Cup winner’s list.
- Only teams from Europe and South America have won the men’s FIFA World Cup.
- In the women’s FIFA World Cup, the USA are the most successful nation, winning the title four times in eight editions and have never finished outside the top three.
The USA women’s football team won the FIFA Women’s World Cup in 1991, 1999, 2015 and 2019. They have also scored the most number of goals (138) at the global showpiece.
How many trophies Messi have
How many trophies does Messi have with Argentina? – Messi has won five trophies with Argentina. His most outstanding achievement with the country is the 2022 World Cup win. The Argentine’s awards include Olympic Gold, U20 World Cup, Finalissima, Copa America and the 2022 World Cup. Messi(L) and Aguero(R) pose with their Olympic gold medals after the medal ceremony after beating Nigeria in the finals on August 23, 2008, in Beijing, China. Photo: Koji Watanabe Source: Getty Images Messi is among the greatest footballers and athletes ever to play the game.
- He is also the most decorated football player alongside Dani Alves, having 43 trophies.
- The multiple-time Ballon d’Or winner has seen his hard work pay off with his awards.
- READ ALSO : How many players are on a soccer team, and how many are allowed on a pitch? Sports Brief also explored the topic of the number of players a soccer team has.
The game is the most popular on the planet, with billions of fans. How many players does a soccer team have? Click on the link above to know how many players are on a soccer team, among other soccer facts.