- 1 Why do people say Becky with the good hair
- 2 Is Becky with the good hair Gwyneth
- 3 What is the meaning of Becky
- 4 Does Becky G have GREY hair
- 5 Are Gwyneth and Rebekah friends
- 6 Who is Taylor Swift’s bestie
- 7 What does geezer girl mean
- 8 Is Becky a male or female name
- 9 Is Beki a girl name
- 10 Did Rebekah find love
- 11 Why did Rebekah actress change
- 12 What does have good hair mean
- 13 What does Wurly hair mean
Why do people say Becky with the good hair
Beyoncé left fans shook with the release of Lemonade in April 2016. The album featured 12 flawless songs that seemed to be directly influenced by Bey’s life, and there was one song in particular that really had everyone talking. Her song “Sorry” mentioned a woman named Becky, and it had everyone asking: Who is Becky with the good hair? The famed lyric from the song had everyone singing along, and, now, there’s a few things every member of the Beyhive should know about the track and who that iconic line was inspired by.
In case you need a refresher, the not-so-subtle lyric appeared at the end of Beyoncé’s song. “They sneaking out the back door / He only want me when I’m not there / He better call Becky with the good hair,” she sang. The lyrics were clever, but not exactly rocket science, and the Beyhive almost instantly decided that Jay-Z may have cheated on the Queen.
Back then, the Beyhive sat around and asked themselves: “Did Jay-Z cheat on his wife with this Becky girl, whoever she may be?” Obviously, every member of the Beyhive immediately set to work trying to crack the case and figure out exactly who Becky with the good hair was.
- Many fans felt evidence pointed to designer Rachel Roy, after she posted, then quickly deleted, a suggestive Instagram with the caption, “Good hair don’t care, but we will take good lighting, for selfies, or self truths, always.
- Live in the light #nodramaqueens.” Rita Ora was also a prime suspect at the time.
Rumors were flying every which way, with some people claiming to know the true Becky, but, of course, there was no way to be sure. Ultimately, fans learned that Becky may not even be a real person after all. The song’s main writer Diana Gordon spoke out about the fan theories and insisted Becky with the good hair is merely a symbolic representation of what some might called a side chick.
- Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, Gordon said she found all the hoopla about the lyric a bit silly.
- I laughed, like this is so silly.
- Where are we living? I was like, ‘What day in age from that lyric do you get all of this information?” she said.
- Is it really telling you all that much, accusing people?” Gordon went on to say Beyoncé was caught off guard by all the speculation behind the lyric.
“I don’t think she expected it,” she said. “I saw her at her Formation tour. She had a pajama party; we laughed, we danced, we hugged it out. But I didn’t say much about it at the time because I wanted to give her space.” Gordon even went as far to say “the idea started in my mind,” but, seeing as she spoke about track six, “Daddy Lessons,” in the same portion of the conversation, it’s hard to tell which track she was referencing.
Still, there’s no doubt Bey’s angsty Lemonade album had moments of truth. In November 2017, Jay-Z admitted the cheating rumors were true, In an interview with The New York Times, the rapper copped to being unfaithful in the past, though he didn’t elaborate on the details or make mention of the highly-speculated-on lyric from “Sorry.” For that reason, it’s hard to tell if the “Becky” lyric is directly related to the infidelity Jay-Z spoke of.
Kevin Mazur/Getty Images Entertainment/Getty Images Well, there you go, everyone. Becky isn’t real. Or, at least she’s not real in the literal sense. This article was originally published on 08.03.16
Is Becky with the good hair Gwyneth
Gwyneth Paltrow Denies She’s ‘Becky With the Good Hair’ July 27, 2018 / 10:43 AM / CBS Detroit
- (CNN) – Before there was #WhoBitBeyonce, there was the mystery behind “Becky with the good hair.”
- In her 2016 song “Sorry” off her “Lemonade” album, Beyoncé had name-checked husband Jay-Z’s alleged mistress with the lyric, “He only want me when I’m not there/He better call Becky with the good hair.”
- It set off much speculation about who the other woman might be.
- At the time designer Rachel Roy had to deny it was her after the Beyhive swarmed her social media accounts.
NEW YORK, NY – MARCH 08: Designer Rachel Roy poses for a photo at the screening of “Love, Simon” hosted by 20th Century Fox & Wingman at The Landmark at 57 West on March 8, 2018 in New York City. (Photo by J. Countess/WireImage)
- Jay-Z even rapped on his song “Family Feud” last year, “Let me alone Becky.”
- Now Gwyneth Paltrow’s name is being floated as “the one,” and she says it’s a bunch of goop.
- During an appearance on Spencer and Heidi Pratt’s podcast “Make Speidi Famous Again,” Amber Rose said she sincerely thought that Paltrow was Becky.
“They were like friends, and then, like, you don’t see Gwyneth Paltrow with Beyoncé anymore,” Rose said. “But like Beyoncé’s still with Jay.” Paltrow and her ex-husband Chris Martin were BFFs with the Carters for a while. LONDON – SEPTEMBER 27: (EMBARGOED FOR PUBLICATION IN UK TABLOID NEWSPAPERS UNTIL 48 HOURS AFTER CREATE DATE AND TIME) (L-R) Singer Beyonce Knowles, rapper Jay-Z and actress Gwyneth Paltrow attend the after party following the concert by Jay-Z at The Royal Albert Hall, at Movida on September 27, 2006 in London, England.
- Fast-forward to today and the star felt compelled to say via her rep that the claim she is Becky is “completely absurd and 100 percent false.”
- It’s not like she needs the press given that Paltrow is currently the subject of a lengthy profile in The New York Times Magazine headlined “How Goop’s Haters Made Gwyneth Paltrow’s Company Worth $250 Million.”
- The article includes insights such as that Paltrow prefers calling her butler her “house manager” and that she was befuddled at being labeled “The most hated celebrity in the world.”
“I remember being like: Really? More than, like, Chris Brown? Me? Really? Wow,” she said. “It was also the same week that I was People’s Most Beautiful Woman. For a minute I was like: Wait, I don’t understand. Am I hated to the bone or am I the world’s most beautiful?” Rose has since tried to clarify her Becky comments.
“Bruh we were joking on a Podcast! Lol stop with the Clickbait,” she tweeted Thursday. “I have no information about anyone’s Personal Life.” The-CNN-Wire ™ & © 2018 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved. First published on July 27, 2018 / 10:43 AM © 2018 CBS Broadcasting Inc.
All Rights Reserved. : Gwyneth Paltrow Denies She’s ‘Becky With the Good Hair’
Is Becky with the good hair Taylor Swift?
Image Credit: Image Courtesy of HBO Okay, so for those of you who don’t live on Tumblr, let’s get a little meme lesson! “No its becky” started as a massive joke several years ago, when someone jokingly posted a pic of a young Taylor, and said that it was their friend Becky; she had died after “snorting marijuana at a party.” Someone pointed out that it was actually Taylor, and another person commented, “no its becky.”History was made the day. https://twitter.com/AdBaum/status/724239350481956864 I think we all know who the real “Becky with the good hair” is #noitsbecky 👀👀👀🍋🍋🍋🐝🐝🐝 pic.twitter.com/kbusCtZp9N — Svetlana Del Rey (@tsar_bucks) April 27, 2016 Taylor Swift & her fans quietly pack up their ‘No its Becky’ shirts & try to walk away unnoticed. Okay, even though Becky is slang for a white girl, and Taylor really does have fabulous hair, nobody actually thinks she’s the terrible woman cheating with the dude mentioned in Beyonce’s song. This meme is all in good fun, and has been around for years! But we bet Taylor isn’t going to wear that tee for awhile! HollywoodLifers, did you laugh at these memes? Tell us in the comments!
What is a Becky slang?
What does Becky mean? Becky is a stereotype for a white woman, especially one who is unaware or takes advantage of her social privilege. Becky is also used more generally to mock a young white woman as ‘basic.’
What is the meaning of Becky
Becky – Baby Name Meaning, Origin and Popularity Popularity: 8865 Origin: British Meaning: To tie firmly, to bind Tie a bow around the name Becky and gift it to your newest addition! A feminine name of English origin, Becky is a diminutive of the Hebrew name Rebecca that stands in its own right.
Meaning “to tie firmly” or “to bind,” this lovely choice has proven its popularity and timelessness tenfold. From Aunt Beck in Full House to Becky Thatcher in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain, you can find this moniker throughout popular culture. Plus, with a name like this, baby Becky is sure to know exactly how to get out of a bind! Not sure you have the perfect name? to add more baby names to your My Favorites list.
: Becky – Baby Name Meaning, Origin and Popularity
Do Rebekah and Gwyneth Paltrow get along?
Rebekah’s father, Bob, is the brother of Gwyneth’s dad, Bruce making them cousins in real life. And while we never see Gwyneth in WeCrashed, she and Rebekah shared an amicable relationship in real life.
Does Becky G have GREY hair
Becky G decided to take the opportunity to discuss her canas and even shed light on the impact of stress – As the singer described, “Diosito has me so blessed that I am stressed.” She continued, “I choose to vibrate higher, so naturally, I am more prone to being tired.” Becky G then went on to zoom into her roots and point-blank stated, “Si, son canas.” She explained she has had gray hair since she was just 14 years old.
Are Gwyneth and Rebekah friends
How are Rebekah Neumann and Gwyneth Paltrow related to each other? – Bob, Rebekah Neumann’s dad, is the brother of Bruce, Gwyneth’s dad, which makes them first cousins. Even though Gwyneth never appears in WeCrashed, she shared an amicable with Rebekah.
However, the show does make references to Gwyneth’s influence; Rebekah is routinely asked by co-workers and acquaintances, “Is Gwyneth here?” in the early episodes. She also reveals to Adam that she wrote a column for Goop. Gwyneth even promoted one of Rebekah’s major projects, WeGrow, a private school for young children designed to promote mindfulness with yoga and revolutionize education by combining lessons with activities.
In 2018, Gwyneth and her cousin did a short Q&A clip about the benefits of schooling. It was posted on Goop’s blog, but was later removed.
Does Taylor Swift wear bras?
Taylor Swift Just Wore a $20 Bra — as a Shirt This content can also be viewed on the site it from. For every Saint Laurent look in Taylor Swift’s closet, there’s an affordable outfit she loves just as much. On Tuesday, she hit the gym and ran errands in the perfect casual ensemble.
She wore black capri leggings, a Burberry bag, neon Nike sneakers and a gray hoodie layered over the cutest bra we’ve ever seen. The bra, which Taylor donned as a top, features straps along the bodice and in the back. The best part? It’s only $20, and the pink version is available now at — proof that you and Taylor Swift shop at the same place.
Related: : Taylor Swift Just Wore a $20 Bra — as a Shirt
Who is Taylor Swift’s bestie
It’s common Swiftie knowledge that Taylor Swift ‘s best friend is a “redhead named Abigail” — specifically Abigail Anderson. As Swift sings in her popular song “Fifteen,” the two met on the first day of their freshman year of high school when they sat next to each other in English class.
Ever since their days together at Hendersonville High School in Tennessee, Swift and Anderson have remained close. Over the years, Anderson has attended the Grammys with the “Anti-Hero” singer, appeared in her Miss Americana documentary and cheered her on at the Eras Tour in Nashville. She’s offered Swift unwavering support throughout every step of her career.
In August 2019, Anderson expressed her love for Swift and her seventh album, Lover, in an Instagram post, “15 years of knowing you and watching you grow, both as a human and an artist, I can honestly say I’ve never been more proud to call you my friend,” she wrote.
What does Becky have to do with Taylor Swift?
p”> Taylor Swift is known for engaging with her fans on social media, but the singer’s latest response to a weird Tumblr meme may be her best interaction yet. On Thursday, Swift was spotted in New York City wearing a shirt that read “no its becky.” She also posted a picture of herself in the shirt to Tumblr, and, referencing her upcoming “1989″ album, wrote, “I’m kind of rethinking the album cover.” Tumblr.com The phrase goes back to a bizarre, popular Tumblr meme, in which a photo of a pretty high school girl named Becky (which is actually a picture of Swift) is posted above a story warning about the dangers of pot. Apparently, Becky died at a party after “snorting marijuana.” When a commenter pointed out that the photo was actually of a teenage Taylor Swift, the user adamantly responded, “no its becky.” Tumblr After Swift posted the photo of herself in the “no its becky” shirt, acknowledging the meme, f ans went bonkers: IM SORRY ITS RAFA IM SUPPOSED TO BE TAKING A BREAK BUT TAYLOR SWIFT IS WEARING A NO ITS BECKY SHIRT I CANT HANDLE THIS — claire (@sweeterfiction) September 25, 2014 Did you realize that we’re freaking out over your “No its Becky” shirt and i love it @taylorswift13 i bet you do to!!!! — Amelia (@amsuaje) September 25, 2014 OMFG!! WHEN I SAW TAYLOR’S SHIRT OMFG!!! I CANT STOP LAUGHING HAHAHAH “NO ITS BECKY” OMFG TAYLOR SWIFT.
What does Karen mean in slang?
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia For other uses, see Karen, Karen is a pejorative term used as slang for a middle-class white woman who is perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is normal. The term is often portrayed in memes depicting middle-class white women who “use their white and class privilege to demand their own way”.
Depictions include demanding to “speak to the manager “, being racist, or wearing a particular bob cut hairstyle. It was popularized in the aftermath of the Central Park birdwatching incident in 2020. The term has been considered pejorative by those who believe it is racist, sexist, ageist, classist, and controlling women’s behavior.
The term has occasionally been applied to male behavior. During 2020, the term increasingly appeared in media and social media, including during the COVID-19 pandemic and George Floyd protests, The Guardian called 2020 “the year of Karen”.
What does geezer girl mean
Geezer girl in British English noun. British slang. a young woman who behaves in an aggressive manner.
What’s a betty slang?
Noun – betty ( plural )
- (, slightly pejorative ) An attractive woman; a,
- 1995,,, spoken by Cher (Alicia Silverstone): Isn’t my house classic? The columns date all the way back to 1972. Wasn’t my Mom a betty ? She died when I was just a baby. A fluke accident during a routine liposuction. I don’t remember her, but I like to pretend she still watches over me.
- A short used by to wrench open; a,
- 1712, Humphry Polesworth, “”, in Lewis Baboon Turned Honest, and John Bull Politician. Being the Fourth Part of Law is a Bottomless-Pit., London:,, : No modern Lycæum vvill ever equal thy Glory, deſcribing the povverful Betty, or the artful Picklock,
- (, ) A who performs tasks that traditionally belong to a,
- A baked made with layers of sweetened fruit and buttered bread crumbs.
- “Apple-Almond Brave Betty”, in Midwest Living, November 2021: “A pie-size betty is traditional, but if you like, assemble the recipe in individual ovenproof ramekins.”
- (, ) A -shaped covered with, in which is sometimes brought from ; a,
- 1841, Acts and Resolutions Passed at the First Session of the Twenty-Seventh Congress of the United States : On olive oil in casks, twenty cents per gallon; olive salad oil in bottles or betties, thirty per centum ad valorem
What is the personality of Becky?
What personality traits are associated with the name Becky? People named Becky are often known for their kind, caring, and nurturing personalities. They are also known for being loyal, reliable, and trustworthy. People named Becky are often hardworking and determined, making them successful in their careers.
Is Becky a male or female name
The name Becky is girl’s name.
Is Beki a girl name
Beki as a girl’s name is of Hebrew origin, and the meaning of Beki is ‘to bind’. Beki is a variant of the Hebrew name Rebecca.
Who did Rebekah end up with?
Rebekah Mikaelson ( Elder Futhark : ᚱᛖᛒᛖᚲᚨᚺ ᛗᛁᚲᚨᛖᛚᛋᛟᚾ ) is an Original vampire and the former female protagonist of The Originals, Rebekah served as a recurring and guest character in the third, fourth and fifth seasons of The Vampire Diaries, The second daughter of Mikael and Esther, Rebekah grew up largely influenced by the behaviors of her brothers, Klaus in particular.
- Nonetheless, Rebekah’s desire to live a human life have always been paramount and this has been reflected through her numerous romantic relationships over the years.
- Through her years of running from Mikael, Rebekah had relations with several vampires, including Stefan Salvatore and Marcel Gerard, but also enjoyed a brief and dangerous relationship with the vampire hunter Alexander,
After a thousand years at Klaus’ side, Rebekah eventually left New Orleans to pursue her own life, but later returned briefly and was charged with the protection of Klaus’ daughter, Hope, Rebekah and Hope later returned to New Orleans following their discovery by Esther, but she briefly found herself trapped in the body of the witch Eva Sinclair ; Rebekah eventually found herself forced back into her Original body at the hands of the Strix and spent a month incapacitated at the bottom of the ocean.
- Rebekah’s dreams to become human were eventually made possible when Klaus arranged for Rebekah to receive the Cure in Mystic Falls and enjoy a happy, human life.
- Following this, Rebekah proposed to Marcel and he accepted.
- The two later left New Orleans for good, with Marcel handing the reigns of the city back to the witches.
Rebekah is a member of the Mikaelson Family and an unnamed Witch Family,
Did Rebekah find love
After everything she’s been through, Rebecca deserves someone who can and will put her first. Image by Jefferson Chacon Editor’s note: The below contains spoilers for the Ted Lasso Season 3 finale. When Apple TV+’s sweet sports series Ted Lasso decided to take the AFC Richmond gang to Amsterdam halfway through its third season, it was a real breath of fresh air, giving the audience fresh insight into our favorite characters as we get the chance to see what they’re like removed from their homes and comfort zones.
For Richmond’s owner Rebecca Welton ( Hannah Waddingham ), this meant taking a tumble into one of Amsterdam’s many canals and being pulled out by a tall, gorgeous man on a houseboat ( Matteo van der Grijn ). The pair spend the rest of the day and the night together, and while nothing really happens, save for a kiss before Rebecca leaves — she doesn’t even get his name — she dwells on the “what if” of it all when she gets back to London.
Then, in a moment right out of a rom-com or romance novel, just as a tearful Rebecca is leaving the airport after seeing off Ted ( Jason Sudeikis ), who is heading back to the U.S. to be with his son, she bumps into a little girl outside, being pursued by her pilot father.
Why did Rebekah actress change
Why The Rebekah Mikaelson Actress Left – In 2014, Holt addressed the rumors surrounding her character’s unexpected departure, telling Buzzfeed : “I want to be very clear that they didn’t run out of material, I wasn’t pushed out, I wasn’t fed up with Rebekah, I didn’t quit mid-season, there was no drama, there was no rift between cast members; it really came down to the fact that I completed my initial commitment and made a life choice, not a career choice.” Holt went on to say she wanted to focus on friends and family.
- She also viewed her exit as a “temporary absence,” and Julie Plec agreed, promising fans had not seen the last of Rebekah.
- Holt appeared during The Originals season 1 finale, and Klaus tasked her with caring for baby Hope.
- The series found creative ways to keep the character as an integral part of the show.
During season 2, her soul was placed in the body of the witch Eva Sinclair (Maisie Richardson-Sellers). During season 3, the victim of a Ripper Curse, Rebekah was daggered until her family could find a cure. During the series finale, Klaus gave his sister the Cure, ensuring the upon Damon Salvatore’s death, it would be passed on to her.
Holt worked on other projects during The Originals’ five-season run. She appeared as Charmain Tully on NBC’s Aquarius (2015-2016). She was cast as the lead, Kayla, in the pilot for the ABC drama Doomsday, Holt also starred alongside Mandy Moore and Matthew Modine in the underwater thriller 47 Meters Down,
Following The Originals, Holt appeared in three films in 2019: The Divorce Party, A Violent Separation, and Painted Beauty, The actress has yet to duplicate the career success she achieved playing beloved bad girl, Rebekah Mikaelson, on The Originals,
What does have good hair mean
For black women, hair is deeply politicized. It has served as a key marker of racial identification, a significant determinant of beauty, and a powerful visual cue for bias (Robinson, 2011, Arogundade, 2000). Tightly coiled hair texture is distinctly tied to blackness and has been a marker of black racial identity for centuries (Banks, 2000).
- It is simultaneously linked to beauty norms (Craig, 2000).
- When beauty standards are tied inextricably to race, black women experience a specific burden not experienced by either black men or women of other races (Robinson, 2011; Caldwell, 1991).
- To be clear, women of other races and ethnicities who have curly or textured hair may experience pressure to conform to these beauty standards; but black women, in a sense, are often pitted against them.
For centuries, cultural norms have racialized beauty standards – those with features characteristic of white European ancestry are considered more attractive (Robinson, 2011; Craig, 2006; Goff, Thomas & Jackson, 2008). In the United States, “Good Hair” is considered to be hair that is wavy or straight in texture, soft to the touch, has the ability to grow long, and requires minimal intervention by way of treatments or products to be considered beautiful.
While the “Good Hair” standard has historical roots, it is perpetuated by pervasive cultural messages that idealize this vision of hair and offer treatments or products to achieve it. Importantly, the culture around black women’s hair is by no means monolithic. Within the past decade, the rise of the ” natural hair movement ” has been accompanied by a conscious rejection of dominant beauty standards and a celebration of natural hair; more concretely, there was a 34% decline in the market value of relaxers, products that chemically straighten textured hair, since 2009.
The choices black women increasingly are making to wear their hair naturally challenge traditional norms of what is appropriate, attractive, and professional. As with most choices that defy convention, these efforts to re-define norms have triggered backlash and robust debates around even among “naturalistas” themselves.
In addition to natural hair salons, where black women have typically organized around hair — communities of “naturalistas” are now online. Through hair blogs, video logs and other forms of social media, naturalistas coach each other through transitioning (growing out relaxers) and identify the best products for one’s hair type.
Frustrated by both the lack of consistent knowledge and the multitude of products, naturalistas have crowd-sourced support and debated about hair bias within their own ranks, sharing thoughts on colorism within the natural hair community and bias against tighter curl types, and what natural hair styles are considered ‘professional.’ It is no surprise that beauty industries, both of color and mainstream, have jumped at the chance to develop products to meet the naturalista communities’ growing demands and needs, and engage in dialogue and support as well.
- Yet, despite the growing natural hair movement, recent existing research suggests that the “Good Hair” standard may still have a meaningful effect on the way that black women are perceived and treated, depending on how they wear their hair.
- In 2016, Rudman and McLean measured black men and women’s explicit reactions to photos of celebrities (famous black women such as Janet Jackson, Viola Davis, and Solange Knowles) with natural and smooth hairstyles.
The study found that overall, the participants preferred smooth hair, but the black women expressed no preference. Further, other researchers have recognized the potential link between hair and bias. A 2016 study by health researchers found that black adolescent girls (ages 14-17) might avoid exercise due to concerns about sweat affecting their hair.
- In focus groups, the girls reported that they avoided getting wet or sweating during exercise because their straightened hair became “nappy” (Woolford et al., 2016).
- The girls identified natural hairstyles as better for exercise but as less attractive than straightened hair.
- Similar to the Rudman study, when shown pictures of celebrities with various hairstyles, the girls showed a preference for longer, straighter hair.
From the perceptions of professionalism in the workplace, the first impression of a potential employer in a job interview, or the notions of healthy and beauty in every sector – attitudes toward black women’s hair can shape opportunities in these contexts, and innumerable others.
What does Wurly hair mean
Not Wavy? Not Curly? You’re Wurly! ▪ ▪ ▪ Not Wavy? Not Curly? You’re Wurly! Community member blueroses79 shows off her wurly locks Ever feel like you can’t be categorized? Your hair isn’t quite curly. But it’s not wavy either. Now there’s a word for you: Wurly! And you’ve created it right here on NaturallyCurly! On CurlTalk, one reader identifies herself as a “first-week wurly.” Another says “By the way, the way you describe your hair – 2C-F-iii – is probably accurate for my hair too, since I also seem to have a fine, ‘wurly’ and thick hair thing going on.” So what is the definition of wurly? It varies, but the general consensus seems to be that it’s:
Between curly and wavy A 2c+ or a 3a- Wavy Curls Not exactly spirals, and definitely not straight
Just fyi: The official definition is an Australian indigenous shelter made from small branches with leaves still attached. “I didn’t realize the term “wurly” had really caught on,” says CurlTalker WavyCurly40+. “I hope it has. It’s a very useful word, and I think there’s also a bit of wordplay—it sounds like “whirl,” which to me implies the sort of wacky, inconsistent, changing-shape-and-direction tendencies of this curl pattern.” “There are a bunch of us in the sometimes-frustrating category,” she adds.
Does Becky G use hair extensions?
Becky G strutted straight back into the ’90s at the American Music Awards on Nov.20. On Sunday, the ” Mamiii” singer walked the red carpet in an edgy updo that doubled as an impeccable re-creation of Pamela Anderson’s signature messy bun, “For Becky G’s look, we decided to go with a messy but sophisticated updo — something very fun and different and a creative use of hair extensions,” her hairstylist, Rikke Gajda, says.
Gajda created Becky G’s look using Hidden Crown Hair seamless 20-inch clip-in extensions in the shade Deepest Brown. “The seamless weft lets me get extra close to her part and hairline, which makes it easy to cover and looks so natural,” she adds. After piling the clip-on extenstion on the top of Becky G’s head, Gajda swirled the extra hair into a voluminous bun.
Gajda also created faux curtain bangs using two clip pieces secured at an angle along the front of the singer’s head. The finished look was an updo that perfectly complemented her high-low Monsoori minidress. Becky G’s makeup artist, Gilbert Estrada, completed the look with products from the star’s Treslúce Beauty line,
- On the singer’s eyes, Estrada used the La Flor De Mexico Palette, Intenso Eyeliner in the shade Honest, Eterno Liquid Liner, and faux eyelashes in the shade Petite from The Makeup Shack.
- On the rest of her face, the makeup artist used Treslúce Beauty’s Hello Brows Clear Brow Gel, Anastasia Beverly Hills’s DipBrow in Dark Brown, Nars foundation, Pat McGrath concealer, Laura Mercier setting powder, Dior highlighter, and blush in the shade Weekend Vibez from Treslúce Beauty.
Estrada finished Becky G’s face with a neutral lip, which he created using Anastasia Beverly Hills lip liner and Doll Beauty lipstick. See Becky G’s Anderson-inspired updo and full makeup look at the American Music Awards ahead. 1 / 10 2 / 10 3 / 10 4 / 10 5 / 10 6 / 10 7 / 10 8 / 10 9 / 10 10 / 10