Is Kheerat returning to EastEnders
Kheerat won’t be back on our screens any time soon (Picture: BBC/Jack Barnes/Kieron McCarron) Former EastEnders actor Jaz Singh Deol has announced a new career, dashing fans hopes of a return to the BBC soap. The actor, who played Kheerat Panesar, left the show in November 2022 when his character was whisked away by police for the murder of Ranveer.
- Viewers will know that Kheerat was actually innocent of the crime, but took the blame after believing that mum Suki ( Balvinder Sopal ) had been responsible.
- Though Kheerat was recently sentenced to life in prison off-screen, fans of the show were still hopeful that he may return.
- However, it seems that actor Jaz has put EastEnders behind him – for now, at least – as he takes on a new career.
Jaz took to Instagram his new venture, which he has called The Actor’s Path, where he uses his professional insight to coach other actors. ‘I’m very excited to share with you all The Actor’s Path,’ he wrote to his 52,000 followers. ‘Which is focused on sharing my ever evolving insights, knowledge and experience of walking this particular journey.
Sometimes you need an outside eye to help you see the road ahead. ‘If you’re an actor and interested in working 1:1 on an audition, a part or career guidance, then you can BOOK directly from the page.’ Fans and friends were quick to show their support for his new venture in the comments, with one saying ‘I love this!’.
Definitely will keep this in mind if I have another scene I need help with,’ another added, alongside emojis of praying hands and a red love heart. As well as the messages of encouragement, fans of Kheerat expressed their desires to see him return to EastEnders. ‘PLEASE get back to EE. You were brilliant,’ one said.
Another wrote, ‘Just loved you in Eastenders, not the same without you,’ while a third said, ‘This is great but get ya arse back to EastEnders!’ With Kheerat serving a long sentence behind bars and Jaz having set up a new business, fans may have a while to wait before they get their wish.
EastEnders actors discover they’re related as family connection is unveiled stars Jamie Borthwick and Charlie Winter are related in real life. The soap actors discovered their family connection while they were on set. Jamie Borthwick, who plays Jay Brown, and Hunter Owen actor Charlie Winter did some investigating and found out they’re second cousins, OK! Online reports.
- It was soap veteran Jamie who sparked their family investigation as he guessed they could be related.
- He said: “My great uncle is called Charlie Winter, so when they said there was a kid coming in called Charlie Winter, I was like, ‘Seriously?'”
- “Turns out we are second cousins”, he continued.
- The EastEnders pair aren’t the only stars of the soap to be related.
Jamie discovered his family connection to EastEnders co-star Charlie (Image: BBC/Kieron McCarron/Jack Barnes)
- Joe Swash, who shot to fame playing Mickey Miller on the popular BBC programme, starred in the show alongside his real-life sister.
- Stacey Solomon’s beau acted in the show with sister Shana Swash, who played Mickey’s on-screen sister, Demi Miller.
- Shana played Mickey’s pregnant 13-year-old sister who was on the show for two years.
- Joe left the soap in 2011 and went on to have a successful presenting career, while Shana still acts.
There’s MUCH more where that came from! Want all the jaw-dropping stories from the world of showbiz and up to the minute news from TV and soaps? Well, we’ve got you covered with our showbiz, TV and soaps newsletters – they’ll drop straight into your inbox and you can unsubscribe whenever you like. Jamie and Charlie are second cousins in real life (Image: BBC / Kieron McCarron)
- Other soap stars who are related in real life are Emmerdale’s Charlie Webb and Hollyoaks and EastEnders star Jamie Lomas.
- Charlie and Jamie are siblings who share an incredibly close bond.
- Jamie even walked his sister Charlie down the aisle on her wedding day to her Emmerdale co-star Matthew Wolfenden.
- Jamie Borthwick has been part of a dramatic EastEnders storyline recently as Jay unexpectedly developed a romance with Honey Mitchell.
Joe and his sister Shana played siblings on the soap (Image: BBC)
- Sparks began to fly between them over Christmas and they’ve since attempted to become a proper couple, despite Honey’s ex-husband Billy Mitchell struggling with the revelation.
- Honey actress Emma Barton spoke about the storyline as she told Inside Soap: “Everything I’ve seen has been really positive, people love the characters.
- “But equally, there are still some who go, ‘Oh no, we want Honey to get back together with Billy!”
: EastEnders actors discover they’re related as family connection is unveiled
Why did Letitia Dean leave EastEnders
A desire to pursue other acting roles prompted Dean to leave the soap in 1995.
Why is Whitney leaving EastEnders?
So I’m going to be sad to say goodbye to my friends and family, but it was the right decision for me as I want to do other things. After 15 years, I’ve had a pretty good run!’