- 1 Did Schofield’s lover get paid off
- 2 How much does Phillip Schofield earn for This Morning
- 3 How much did Holly Willoughby get paid
- 4 When did Phillip Schofield turn GREY
- 5 What is Scofield IQ
- 6 Is Phillip Schofield a multi millionaire
- 7 Why did Phil leave
- 8 What does Holly think of Philip
- 9 Are Holly and Phil really friends
Did Schofield’s lover get paid off
SHAMED Phillip Schofield’s lover “received a financial settlement” after their affair ended, it is claimed. The much younger runner was then moved to another ITV daytime show by bosses at the now crisis-engulfed corporation. 4 Phillip Schofield’s lover ‘received a financial settlement’ after their affair ended, it is claimed 4 The much younger runner – pictured here at the NTAs with Holly and Phil – was then moved to another ITV daytime show Credit: The Sun A source told the Daily Mail : “There have been numerous pay-offs at ITV and they have always had to be arranged and sanctioned by people of some seniority.” The paper says the sum was handed to Phil’s toyboy after he declared his love for Schofield at an awards ceremony in January 2020.
How old was Matthew when he met Phillip Schofield?
Justice for Matthew McGreevy who was groomed by Phillip Schofield from the age of 10 when he met him at the 2Faced Theatre Company where he is a patron. Holly Willoughby knew of his relationship with him.
Does Holly still talk to Phil?
2 June 2023, 08:15 | Updated: 2 June 2023, 11:20 Phillip Schofield says he has ‘lost everything’ in the wake of his secret affair Following his exit from ITV, Phillip Schofield has said he’s no longer in contact with Holly Willoughby. Phillip Schofield has revealed he texted Holly Willoughby begging her for forgiveness after lying about his This Morning affair.
Listen on Global Player: Spencer & Vogue. Spencer Matthews and Vogue Williams let you know what they’re doing, thinking, and disagreeing on every week.
Talking to The Sun, Phillip revealed his former co-host distanced herself from him when his brother Timothy was sent to prison, Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield are no longer speaking. Picture: ITV He said: “I’ve lost my best friend. I let her down. I let that entire show down. I let the viewers down. “Holly did not know. And she was one of the first texts that I sent, to say, ”I am so, so sorry that I lied to you”.
Jane McDonald to replace Phillip Schofield as British Soap Awards host Eamonn Holmes slams Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield’s ‘drunk act’ on This Morning after NTAs What did Dr Ranj Singh say about Phillip Schofield and This Morning?
“She didn’t reply, and I understand why she didn’t reply, as well. So yeah. If anyone is in any way linking Holly to this — that is absolutely, wholly untrue.” He also says he hasn’t had a ‘feud’ with Holly as reports suggest, but the ‘witch hunt’ has forced them apart. Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield have worked together for over 15 years. Picture: Instagram Phillip resigned from ITV on Friday and was dropped by his agency YMU after admitting having a relationship with a younger man who worked on the show. The network has said to have instructed a barrister to review incidents around the exit, with reports suggesting Holly could be questioned alongside Alison Hammond, Dermot O’Leary, Eamonn Holmes, Ruth Langsford and Dr Ranj Singh. Alison and Dermot pay tribute to Phillip Schofield as they open This Morning “What am I going to do with my days? I see nothing ahead of me but blackness, and sadness, and regret, and remorse, and guilt. I did something very wrong, and then I lied about it consistently.” Phillip also told his interviewer that his first romantic encounter with his colleague took place in his dressing room when the man was 20 years old.
Do Holly and Phil get paid the same?
This Morning boss admits Holly was paid less than Phil after Fern Britton fury ITV boss Kevin Lygo has admitted that Holly Willoughby was considered a ‘junior’ when she first joined Phillip Schofield on This Morning, with her pay being significantly less ITV boss asked Phillip if there was any more we need to know
- bosses were today forced to admit that Holly Willoughby was paid significantly less than when she first joined the programme after taking over from Fern Britton.
- Fern was said to have dramatically quit daytime show and her long-running partnership with Phil after hearing she was pocketing £250,000 less than her co-star each year.
- Managing director at Lygo today faced questions at a culture committee about allegations of a toxic environment and bullying at ITV daytime.
- It comes after ex employees claimed Schofield was an ‘touchable’ presence at the station before he dramatically quit his role this month when his affair was revealed.
- Lygo, and ITV chief executive Dame Carolyn McCall faced heated questions from MPs on the This Morning row at a session of the Culture, Media, and Sport Committee.
- During the session, one of the question put forward from the MP’s to Dame Carolyn was in relation to gender pay gaps.
- In response to whether or not was being paid less than her co-host on This Morning since starting on the show in 2009, Mr Lygo admitted that Holly was paid significantly less than Phil when she first started 13 years ago.
- He suggested that this was because Phil was so senior while she was only starting out in the role.
Holly Willoughby joined This Morning in September 2009 ( ITV)
- Holly joined the ITV daytime programme after Fern Britton stepped down as Phillip’s co-host – reportedly because he was paid more for doing the same job.
- “That was 12 or 15 years ago, I think you’ll find a lot has changed since then,” insisted McCall in response to the probing question.
- Managing director Lyco then confirmed Holly was ‘eventually’ paid the same as her co-host “but not when they started because she would have been junior and he was well established”.
- “We’ve made it a policy now that when people are doing the same job, like panellists on a show or something, they should be paid equally.”
- Phillip stepped down from This Morning with immediate effect in May, just six days before resigning from ITV entirely after admitting to an affair with a young male colleague who also worked on the show as a runner.
- During the committee, McCall also revealed that Phillip is now receiving counselling funded by ITV after his fall from grace.
- The ITV chief executive said that she had been in contact with Phillip, and is ‘deeply concerned’ for his welfare following the exposure of his affair with the younger man.
The ITV trio were quizzed by MP’s at a committee today ( Parliament TV)
- She also revealed that Phillip is now recieving counselling to cope with the trauma of losing his career, and having his affair exposed, as he continues to deny that he groomed the young man amid ongoing accusations.
- McCall revealed that ITV are funding Phillip’s counselling and still deeply care about the welfare of the former This Morning star after his 40-year TV career.
- It comes after Phillip revealed that he had suicidal thoughts following the end of his career and the exposure of his affair.
- In a sit-down interview with the, Phillip said that he ‘wouldn’t be here’ if it wasn’t for the fact his daughters have not left his side since the news of his affair broke.
- The session also covered ITV’s initial investigation into rumours regarding Schofield, the ITV-commissioned review into the facts by barrister Jane Mulcahy KC, the working culture on This Morning and other productions, as well as ITV’s use of non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) and its whistleblowing policy.
*If you’re struggling and need to talk, the Samaritans operate a free helpline open 24/7 on 116 123. Alternatively, you can email or visit their site to find your local branch. You can find this story in Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right. : This Morning boss admits Holly was paid less than Phil after Fern Britton fury
Why does Eamonn Holmes not like Holly and Phil?
ALISON BOSHOFF asks – why DOES Eamonn Holmes hate Phillip Schofield? Published: 02:03 BST, 10 June 2023 | Updated: 22:23 BST, 10 June 2023
- With its blaze of bruising publicity, it’s little wonder insiders have dubbed ‘s daytime TV downfall the ‘sofapocalypse’.
- But as Phillip retreats to lick his wounds and fights for her onscreen survival, there’s one former This Morning colleague who is not weeping into his morning coffee over their fates.
- Indeed, is giving every impression of eating up the chaos with a big smile, long spoon and a side order of ice cream and sprinkles.
- Again and again he has returned to the topic on his live show.
- ‘Anyone watching today who has kissed Phillip Schofield, let us know,’ he deadpanned this week, mocking Schofield for saying he had made just one ‘mistake’ in his 41-year career, while attempting to defend his fling with a male colleague aged 20.
As Phillip retreats to lick his wounds and Holly Willoughby fights for her onscreen survival, there’s one former This Morning colleague who is not weeping into his morning coffee over their fates Indeed, Eamonn Holmes is giving every impression of eating up the chaos with a big smile, long spoon and a side order of ice cream and sprinkles.
Again and again he has returned to the topic on his live GB News show And on Tuesday, the day after her much-mocked ‘are you OK?’ statement, after her two-week break from the show following Schofield’s exit, Eamonn observed of Holly: ‘You think she’s got a big mouth? She won’t be using it today.’ Clearly, the Irishman has a canny sense for what makes good television.
But there’s more to Eamonn’s relish at 61-year-old Schofield’s downfall than just wanting to entertain his viewers.
- The roots of his loathing for his old colleague go back decades, a roiling mix of grievance at his professional and financial success, and a hatred of what Eamonn perceived to be rude and high-handed behaviour.
- Added to this, there seems to be a genuine concern for the young man who became involved with Phillip.
- Indeed, Eamonn says he and wife Ruth Langsford, another former This Morning host, were good friends with the youngster, particularly motherly Ruth who worked with him after his ill-fated romance ended and he moved to Loose Women, where she’s a presenter.
- But his comments have certainly made life tricky for his wife.
- From her hot seat on Loose Women this week, Ruth has had to navigate live handovers with Holly, sometimes only a few hours after her husband’s latest outburst.
- ‘People in TV are genuinely agog over how aggressively Eamonn has briefed against Phillip, but he thinks Phillip and Holly were a pair of phoneys, that Phillip was a colossal fraud.
He’s genuinely angry,’ says a source. ‘Lord knows what Ruth is thinking.’ Some of Eamonn’s assertions have been challenged. He claimed the young man stayed over with Phillip on ‘playtime’ Thursdays and would arrive back at work on a Friday morning in a taxi paid for by ITV.
- Yet Schofield insists he had only around five encounters with the man, that he only came to his flat once and he didn’t have an ITV taxi account.
- Friends of Eamonn, meanwhile, tell me they aren’t surprised by the interventions because Eamonn’s oft-expressed view was that he was the only proper journalist on This Morning — and it was unjust that Schofield was not only above him in the hierarchy, but paid so much more than him.
- Eamonn was said to be on around £150,000 a year for his one-day-a-week presenting role, while Holly and Phil were on more than £700,000 for their four days.
Some of Eamonn’s assertions have been challenged. He claimed the young man stayed over with Phillip on ‘playtime’ Thursdays and would arrive back at work on a Friday morning in a taxi paid for by ITV A source tells me: ‘Phillip had the red carpet treatment.
He and Holly were seen as stars. All TV is a hierarchy and they were paid far more. Eamonn chafed against it. ‘His rider was a block of inexpensive cheese, but Phillip would get lovely wines brought in from Farr Vintners. ‘Eamonn couldn’t see how someone like him, a proper journalist, would come beneath the bloke who was in the broom cupboard with Gordon The Gopher.’ This angst was only heightened by Eamonn’s troubled past with This Morning editor Martin Frizell.
Indeed, Frizell said grimly of the relentless coverage of the scandal last weekend: ‘I think there’s some scores being settled.’ He named no names, but surely must have been thinking of Eamonn. Many years ago, Frizell was — just like Eamonn — a noted journalist, covering the fall of the Berlin Wall and the Tiananmen Square massacre.
In 2000, he joined his wife, Fiona Phillips, on GMTV as editor of the show. She had been the anchor on GMTV for three years by then, alongside Eamonn, who had been in situ since 1993. At first, their sofa pairing was harmonious. But Eamonn admitted in his autobiography: ‘He was the boss of both me and his wife — not a scenario they would recommend in Harvard Business School.’ Within weeks of arriving, Frizell told Eamonn he wanted to downgrade him from five days to four, bringing in Andrew Castle.
The shake-up ended with a titanic clash over Eamonn’s hours and pay. Eamonn wanted to be paid as per his five-day-a-week contract, while management felt he should take a pay cut to reflect the lesser hours worked. Lawyers were called in. Eamonn kept his money, but started to look for a new job.
- One pal from those days sighs: ‘He definitely had a point, but it is easier to cross Eamonn than it is to cross a road.’) Eamonn told friends later: ‘I can’t tell you how awful Martin Frizell made life for me.
- He made my existence a living hell.’ This angst was only heightened by Eamonn’s troubled past with This Morning editor Martin Frizell (left) A year after leaving GMTV, Eamonn started presenting This Morning on Fridays with wife Ruth, while Fern Britton and Schofield were the Monday to Thursday team.
Again, at first all seemed well. But Fern quit in 2009, allegedly tired of Phillip’s power on the programme and his higher salary (although she later denied she’d departed because of money). Phillip was allowed to choose her successor — step forward his ‘bestie’ Holly Willoughby — and, in 2016, the pair were joined by Eamonn’s former boss Frizell.
Frizell was delighted by Phillip, whom he regarded as the ‘king’ of the show. For his part, Phillip called Frizell: ‘The best captain we have ever had.’ Where did all of this leave Eamonn? Out in the cold, apparently. A source said: ‘Phillip was very dismissive of Eamonn, quite openly, and so was Martin.
We used to call Eamonn and Ruth ‘the B team’. Guests were cherry-picked to be on the show from Monday to Thursday — that’s where the prestige was. ‘On a personal level, Phillip and Eamonn never got on. Eamonn found him snippy and passive- aggressive, and thought he treated the lower-down people on the show very badly.
- Phillip was impolite.
- He would ignore you and then be nice to you, and you were meant to be grateful for that.
- It made Eamonn furious.’ A source said: ‘Phillip was very dismissive of Eamonn, quite openly, and so was Martin.
- We used to call Eamonn and Ruth ‘the B team’ In the run-up to the 2019 general election, tensions came to a head.
Frizell was insistent Eamonn should present then Scottish First Minister Nicola Sturgeon with a This Morning Christmas bauble.
- Eamonn was equally insistent that he would do no such thing, saying it would breach impartiality rules for broadcasters in the weeks before an election.
- ‘He and Frizz didn’t speak again after that,’ says the senior source.
- In late 2019, Schofield’s much-gossiped about relationship with his young runner came to an end.
- Some say he declared his love for ‘Schofe’ at the National Television Awards in January 2020 — others claim they had an altercation.
- TV presenter Piers Morgan says the former happened, while GB News host Dan Wootton says he saw confrontations between the man and Phillip and Holly separately that night.
A few weeks later, Phillip ‘came out’ to none other than Eamonn and Ruth on the Friday edition of This Morning. Afterwards, Eamonn said he had only been told what was happening 20 minutes before. Onscreen, Eamonn joked to Phillip that discovering he was gay settled a question: ‘There is this great imponderable in life that has always bothered me.
- Phillip, however, fully defended Eamonn, tweeting: ‘Can I just say that @EamonnHolmes & @RuthieeL were utterly magnificent with me today, privately downstairs just the three of us and upstairs in front of the world.
- ‘I couldn’t have hoped for a better, calming and loving set of hugs and support, I adore them both.’
- However, Eamonn now says he feels he was ‘used’ on that day.
In October 2020, Phillip released his big-money autobiography, Life’s What You Make It. A sign of the lack of goodwill between the two men is that he misspelled Eamonn’s name throughout. Within nine months, he and Ruth were on a warning that Frizell wanted to shake-up the presenting team to include popular stand-in Alison Hammond.
- The married couple, both 60 at the time, were ‘surprised and furious’ to be told they were losing their regular weekly gig.
- Well-connected sources claimed they felt ‘cast onto the scrapheap’.
- When they left, many colleagues got in touch to offer their good wishes for the future.
- From Phillip and Holly there was not a solitary word, call, text or card.
Eamonn told pals that Holly was ‘blank, aloof and cold’ when they were colleagues — and now it’s as if he never existed.
- ‘He says that were rude, cold and poisonous towards him which he still cannot understand.
- ‘Eamonn’s view is Holly and Phil always thought they were way above the audience, and way above Eamonn and Ruth — and they were wrong on both counts.’
- As Holly fights to retain goodwill among viewers — and for her continued career on This Morning — you have to wonder: does she ever reflect on how life might be easier if she had Eamonn on her side?
: ALISON BOSHOFF asks – why DOES Eamonn Holmes hate Phillip Schofield?
How much does Phillip Schofield earn for This Morning
What is Phillip Schofield’s This Morning salary? – Phillip Schofield reportedly earns £600,000 a year for presenting This Morning, the same as his co-host Holly Willoughby. Since 2002 Phillip has been a presenter on the ITV daytime show and previously fronted it with Ferne Britton. He also presented Dancing On Ice from 2016-2023 and is said to have earned £45,00 per show.
How much did Holly Willoughby get paid
Holly Willoughby ‘set for HUGE pay-rise’ Published: 23:50 BST, 12 August 2023 | Updated: 00:33 BST, 13 August 2023
- ‘is poised for a bumper new pay deal with ITV’ when she returns to a rejigged This Morning on September 4.
- The presenter, 42, is currently on her annual summer break, with and Craig Doyle currently taking care of hosting duties during her absence.
- But it’s understood she’s in line for a £300,000 pay-rise, with her yearly salary – an estimated £700,000 – boosted to £1million when she returns to a rotating stable of presenters.
- As exclusively revealed by MailOnline, Welsh presenter Steve Jones is also expected to join the team over the summer as ITV endeavour to move on from the abrupt departure of Holly’s long-term co-host,
A source told ‘Holly is at the heart of the show’s future and success and ITV execs want her to steer a steady ship out of a rocky year. It’ll be a strong start with Alison, kicking off as a dream team. Lucrative: Holly Willoughby ‘is poised for a bumper new pay deal with ITV’ when she returns to a rejigged This Morning on September 4 Stepping in: The presenter is currently on her annual summer break, with Josie Gibson and Craig Doyle currently taking care of hosting duties during her absence
- ‘Holly’s pay deal is up for negotiation in a few months so they are putting together a lucrative package that will reflect her added responsibility without Phil, and they are prepared to go up to £1million a year.’
- It is believed that Holly will line-up alongside Alison Hammond for her first two shows in September, with hosts including Jones also expected to feature at a later date.
- ITV are understood to have spent £250,000 on revamping the beleaguered show, with one new segment giving fashion expert Gok Wan the opportunity to travel the UK for doorstep makeovers.
- The source added: ‘They are giving the show a massive push with really positive, fun stories, nothing dark or depressing.
‘Producers will splash the cash on showbiz guests, and exclusive human interest stories. Viewers can expect lots of glitz and glamour. But Holly will definitely be the jewel in their crown.’
- Jones will host the programme on Wednesday alongside, and ITV bosses are ‘thrilled’ with the new addition to the show following Schofield’s departure in May.
- Sources at the channel say that if viewers like him then he will ‘almost certainly’ become part of the This Morning’s rotations of hosts who will present with along with Ms Gibson,, Dermot O’Leary and Craig Doyle.
- One told MailOnline: ‘The hope is that those watching at home will love Steve, he’s a very experienced broadcaster but also very cheeky.
Rotating sofa: Holly with Craig Doyle, a popular presence on This Morning since he stepped in as a temporary replacement for Phillip Schofield New addition: Television presenter Steve Jones is joining This Morning and will host the programme on Wednesday alongside Josie Gibson, MailOnline can reveal Old times: ITV is endeavouring to move on from the abrupt departure of Holly’s long-term co-host Phillip Schofield earlier this year ‘There is no permanent replacement for Phil, Holly will be presenting with Alison, Josie, Dermot and Craig, and now probably Steve.’ ‘Hopefully he will be part of the new dawn for This Morning after the Schofield scandal, and will help to give it a fresh new look.’ Welsh heart-throb Jones, 46, who currently anchors Channel 4’s Formula 1 coverage, shot to fame in 2003 when he presented Channel 4’s T4 alongside Miquita Oliver.
- However, he quickly became known best for his romantic antics after dating a number of celebrities – most famously Pamela Anderson.
- He also enjoyed romances with Holly’s close friend Fearne Cotton, Denise Van Outen, former Emmerdale actress Amy Nuttall and the late Girls Aloud singer Sarah Harding/
- Jones also had a three-year-long relationship with fellow Welsh presenter Alex Jones, host of BBC programme The One Show, between 1999 and 2002.
- Last month the pair endured an awkward reunion when she interviewed him about his new book on the show.
- The excruciating exchange came just months after Alex, 46, revealed the shocking reason behind their 2002 split after they had dated for three years.
- She told how Jones lied that she was unwell so he was able to steal an exclusive interview with Angelina Jolie for their Channel 4 show Rise.
On screen: Sources at the channel say that if viewers like him then he will ‘almost certainly’ become part of the This Morning’s rotations of hosts (Josie pictured) Quit: ITV bosses are ‘thrilled’ with the new addition to the show following Schofield’s departure in May Alex said had ‘read all about’ her ex’s book, before the presenter awkwardly quizzed her on how much of it she has read.
Addressing him, she said: ‘As a prolific reader, you’re definitely good at writing! I’ve read a bit of the book and it’s got me hooked. He replied: ‘How much is a bit? What page are you on Jones?’ before she responded: ‘Maybe a quarter of the way through.’ Jones settled down in 2014 when he married American Phylicia Jackson-Jones since 2014 after meeting her in Los Angeles A when he hosted The X Factor USA in 2011.
Speaking of his wife, Jones said recently: ‘My good marriage, my healthy marriage – it’s my greatest achievement. I love being with my wife. She’s my absolute favourite person.’ ITV bosses have decided not to replace Schofield, 61, who in May admitted to having an affair with a much younger colleague and then lying to The Mail on Sunday about it.
Was Philip Schofield vaping?
Phillip Schofield has been vaping, drinking and hardly eating since he admitted to an extramarital affair with a ‘much younger’ ITV colleague, he claims. During an interview with The Sun the former This Morning presenter showed his blistered and calloused hands and said he’s ‘mentally, utterly broken.’ It comes a week after he came clean about an ‘unwise but not illegal’ affair with a younger This Morning colleague.
- Phillip said the pair were ‘mates’ but their friendship turned sexual following a ‘consensual moment’ in his dressing room.
- He added that he was struggling with his sexuality at the time, and the pair were together “maybe five or six times”.
- READ MORE: Join the FREE Manchester Evening News WhatsApp community Phil admitted to The Sun: “I’ve been vaping, a lot.
I didn’t realise until suddenly it hurt, but I’ve been sitting looking up at the sky or out of the window, just staring into space. I just sit on the sofa and stare. I realise by doing that, I’ve blistered both hands.” He added: “I am in a very bad way. Phillip Schofield’s hands have become blistered as he turned to vaping to cope with the stress (Image: BBC) The star went on to explain that in recent days he hasn’t been eating properly and there has been “a lot of Southern Comfort”. He also disclosed that after escaping London to be in Cornwall with his mum, 87, his former agent at YMU called to say the drama surrounding Phillip was too much and he “will have to step down from This Morning.” During a second chat with the BBC, Phillip stated that the man in question was around 20 or 21 years of age when they engaged in a sexual relationship.
Seeking to clarify the nature of their relationship when the former colleague was underage, Rajan said: “Just be really clear, your relationship between when you met him when he was 15 and then when he was 18 was occasional direct messages no pictures of each other sent to each other?” Schofield responded by shaking his head.
Asked whether the messages were flirtatious, the former TV presenter said: “Just work-related, just career advice, career help.” Schofield also agreed there was “no sort of sexual forwardness” at that time by another shake of his head. Read today’s top stories here READ NEXT:
Key points from Phillip Schofield interviews as ex-This Morning host asks ‘do you want me to die’ Phillip Schofield says This Morning affair began ‘in my dressing room’ and reveals younger man’s age Phillip Schofield says he ‘understands how Caroline Flack felt’ in shock BBC interview Holly Willoughby has ‘nothing to hide’ over Phillip Schofield affair as she returns from holiday to host This Morning “Do you want me to die?” – Phillip Schofield says he has ‘lost everything’ in wake of affair with younger ITV colleague
Story Saved You can find this story in My Bookmarks. Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right.
Is Phillip Schofield dyslexic?
In fact I’m not asking for any special favours because I’m dyslexic. ‘In politics, I’ve got some things to offer, in that case, that was a mistake and I have apologised for it.’ He went on: ‘It was a failure of leadership.
When did Phillip Schofield turn GREY
This Morning has been the talk of the town in recent weeks, with headlines about Phillip Schofield’s exit from the ITV daytime show and subsequent headlines dominating the press. The 61-year-old presenter left the This Morning sofa last month after it was speculated that he had been “feuding” with his “rock” Holly Willoughby.
Things took another turn when Schofield confessed to having an “unwise” but “not illegal” affair with a “much younger” male ITV employee whilst he was still married to his wife, Stephanie Lowe. Since Schofield’s confirmation of the relationship, Willoughby accused Schofield of “lying” to her about the affair after she asked him about it “when reports of the relationship first surfaced”.
Ex-This Morning host Eamonn Holmes has been particularly vocal in making claims about his former colleagues Schofield and Willoughby, giving a bombshell interview to GB News’ Dan Wootton, in which he suggested Willoughby should follow Schofield out the door.
Viewers have also dragged up clips of Schofield on This Morning throughout the years, including ones containing his “ex-lover”. Read more: ITV This Morning: Holly Willoughby ‘evens’ to leave show by the end of June In one video shared online, Schofield claims that ITV bosses forced him into the “grey closet”, making him dye his hair before he appeared on TV, the Daily Record reports,
The star, who has previously been branded a “silver fox”, admitted in the past that he started going grey when he was just 16 years of age. By the time Schofield was 19, he’d resorted to boxes of dye to mask his grey hairs. During an appearance on Kem Cetinay’s Kem Cuts in 2019, Schofield told the former Love Island star : “Well the thing is 16 and I was getting grey hairs – my mum went grey when she was 16. Schofield was told he looked “like a badger” (Image: Birmingham Post and Mail) “By the time I was 19, I was colouring it and I went to live in New Zealand and that is when I dyed my hair. For the first time at 19 – and it was covered up for absolutely ages – and I’m not sure I’ve said this out loud before so you have a bit of an exclusive here.
“But I just signed a contract for ITV and I decided to let my hair go and my office got a phone call from the Head of ITV saying: ‘Can you please tell him to put it back? We didn’t hire a grey guy’.” Schofield was told he looked “like a badger” and had no choice but to go back “into the grey closet”.
During an episode of This Morning some time ago, Schofield corrected his former best friend Willoughby when she referred to him as “grey-haired”. “I like to call it silver, as a matter of fact,” he hit back at the time. Click here for more TV and celebrity news.
Read more: Maya Jama ready for Love Island ’round two’ as star shares ‘hot girl summer’ pics Britain’s Got Talent’s Amanda Holden defies Ofcom complaints with jazzy dress This Morning’s Josie Gibson loses ‘bra’ as she suffers mermaid wardrobe malfunction Love Island star Ellie Spence had near-death experience after being impaled on gate Classic Channel 4 comedy returning with original cast members Story Saved You can find this story in My Bookmarks.
Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right.
What is Scofield IQ
Michael Scofield (Prison Break) 22.96.6.
Is Phillip Schofield a multi millionaire
Yes. Phillip Schofield is a multi-millionaire with a net worth that is currently growing by hundreds of thousands of dollars every year.
Is Michael Scofield a genius?
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Prison Break character|
|Wentworth Miller as Michael Scofield, incarcerated in Yemen|
|First appearance||” Pilot ” (2005)|
|Last appearance||” Behind The Eyes ” (2017)|
|Created by||Paul Scheuring|
|Portrayed by||Wentworth Miller Dylan Minnette (young)|
|Voiced by||Wentworth Miller ( video game )|
|Family||Aldo Burrows (father) Christina Rose Scofield (mother) Lincoln Burrows (brother) Lincoln “L.J.” Burrows Jr. (nephew) Michael “Mike” Scofield Jr. (son via Sara)|
|Spouses||Sara Tancredi Nika Volek ( unconsummated )|
Michael Scofield, portrayed by Wentworth Miller, is a fictional character and one of the two main protagonists of the American television series Prison Break, Michael is a principal character, and has been featured in every episode of the series. He deliberately went to prison to break out his elder brother, Lincoln Burrows ( Dominic Purcell ), before his execution for a crime he did not commit.
- The storyline of the first season revolves around the two brothers and Michael’s plan to help Lincoln escape his death sentence.
- Later seasons detail their life on the run and their quest for the truth behind Lincoln’s imprisonment.
- Michael has been clinically diagnosed with low latent inhibition, a condition in which his brain is more open to incoming stimuli in the surrounding environment.
He is unable to block out periphery information and instead processes every aspect and detail of any given stimulus. This, combined with a high IQ theoretically makes him a creative genius. In flashbacks, the child version of Michael is played by Dylan Minnette,
Is there a rift between Holly Willoughby and Philip Schofield?
Holly Willoughby has said Phillip Schofield lied to her about his affair with a much younger male colleague. Speaking for the first time since Schofield admitted having an “unwise, but not illegal” affair, his former This Morning co-presenter wrote on Instagram: “It has taken time to process yesterday’s news.
- When reports of this relationship first surfaced, I asked Phil directly if this was true and was told it was not.
- It’s been very hurtful to now find out that this was a lie.” Latest: ITV says it has ‘no plans’ to axe This Morning On Friday, the veteran broadcaster quit ITV and admitted to having an affair with a colleague who worked on This Morning.
Rumours of the relationship had first begun to circulate in 2020. ITV said it had investigated – but both Schofield and the employee “repeatedly denied” the affair. The broadcaster was forced to issue the statement after questions were raised over what network bosses knew about Schofield’s conduct.
Fellow former This Morning presenter Eamonn Holmes had said Schofield was “not the only guilty party” and claimed top management “knew what sort of man he was”. Questions had also been raised about what Willoughby knew, something she has now hit back at with her statement. Schofield, 61, left This Morning last week, amid reports his long-term friendship with Willoughby had come under strain.
The two have been open about their close friendship over the years, including sharing pictures on social media of them while on joint holidays with their families. Analysis: Admission should kill off his career – but will his star pals stand by him? Image: Holly made a statement via Instagram Stories. (Pic: Instagram) What ITV said In response to mounting pressure on the broadcaster, an ITV spokesperson said: “Further to our statement last night, ITV can confirm that when rumours of a relationship between Phillip Schofield and an employee of ITV first began to circulate in early 2020 ITV investigated. Image: Phillip Schofield in 2021 Schofield ‘deeply sorry’ for lying In a statement on Friday, Schofield said he was “deeply sorry” for lying about the relationship. It is understood the younger colleague, who is not a public figure, did not want the relationship to be made public.
- The affair took place before Mr Schofield publicly came out as gay in 2020, and while he was still married to his wife, Stephanie Lowe.
- Read more: Schofield leaves This Morning after more than 20 years Timeline of departure and rumours of rift with co-host Holly Statements from presenter and his agents in full Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player Dermot O’Leary asked about Phillip Schofield In a damning statement, his former agents YMU Group said “honesty and integrity” were core values of their business and that their relationships are “based entirely on trust”.
They have since parted ways with Schofield. Willoughby is set to return to This Morning on 5 June.
Are Phil and Holly dating?
Phil steps down from This Morning and news of his affair – Earlier this month Phillip announced he was leaving This Morning with “immediate effect” following the rumours of the feud between him and Holly reaching fever pitch. He issued a statement, which ITV later echoed, as he described that he felt This Morning was ‘becoming the story’ and it was for the best that he left the show.
- However, he also later revealed that he had lied to ITV, This Morning colleagues and his talent agency YMU Group and had an affair with a much younger colleague who he met when the was just a teen.
- Phil stepped down from his role on This Morning after 21 years with ‘immediate effect’ earlier this month ( Image: Ken McKay/ITV/REX/Shutterstock) Holly is said to be ‘hurt’ by the news of Phil’s affair coming out as she revealed she was lied to by her former friend ( Image: ITV/Jon Gorrigan/REX/Shutterstock) In a statement shared on Friday evening, Phillip said: “I did have a consensual on-off relationship with a younger male colleague at This Morning.
Contrary to speculation, whilst I met the man when he was a teenager and was asked to help him to get into television, it was only after he started to work on the show that it became more than just a friendship. That relationship was unwise, but not illegal.
It is now over.” Phillip insisted his recent departure from This Morning was “unrelated” but had “fuelled speculation and raised questions”, which he says have been “impacting” his ex. He added: “For his sake it is important for me to be honest now”. Addressing the news of Phillip’s affair, Holly shared a statement to her Instagram which read: “It’s taken time to process yesterday’s news.
“When reports of this relationship first surfaced, I asked Phil directly if this was true and was told it was not. “It’s been very hurtful to now find out that this was a lie. Holly.” * Follow Mirror Celebs on Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook,
Why did Phil leave
Co-host Phillip Schofield, 61, departed the show late last month, later revealing he had an affair with a junior colleague. Schofield’s co-host Holly Willoughby returned to ‘This Morning’ on Monday and said she had had a lot to process following Schofield’s revelation. Here’s what to know.
What does Holly think of Philip
Everything we know about the Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby ‘fall-out’
After weeks of controversy surrounding, the TV host has dramatically parted ways with ITV and been dropped by his agents.Shortly after, he released a statement revealing he “lied” to his employees about an affair he had with a colleague.Schofield, who said the matter was “unrelated” to his This Morning departure, had co-hosted the daytime series for 21 years.Ahead of his exit, that his relationship with co-host Holly Willoughby had become strained, and that they “barely speak” off camera.
Schofield acknowledged that “the last few weeks haven’t been easy”, but was initially keen to pour water on the claims, stating: “We’re the best of friends – as always, she is an incredible support on screen, behind the scenes and on the phone. Holly has always been there for me, through thick and thin.
- And I’ve been there for her.” Below is a timeline of Schofield and Willoughby’s working relationship, and the ups and downs they have both endured along the way.
- The Independent has contacted Willoughby for comment.2006 – Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby begin their working relationship after signing on to ITV competition Dancing on Ice,2009 – Schofield clashes with his then This Morning co-host Fern Britton.
As claimed in Schofield’s 2020 memoir Life is What You Make It, Britton accused him of “meddling” with the daytime show’s content, forcing him to “calmly” tell her: “Please don’t do that to me again.” 2009 – Fern Britton quits This Morning, In her statement, she addresses the show’s team in general, without specifically naming Schofield, who claimed in his book that their previous row “was the point she decided she didn’t want” to be on the show any more. Access unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Amazon Prime Video Sign up now for a 30-day free trial Access unlimited streaming of movies and TV shows with Amazon Prime Video Sign up now for a 30-day free trial Fern Britton and Phillip Schofield have had a tumultuous relationship 2009 – Willoughby joins This Morning, replacing Britton.2011 – Willoughby quits Dancing on Ice, leaving Schofield to co-host alongside Christine Lampard.2013 – Schofield tells Heat that he and Britton are “not really” in touch any more.
- Britton also says of their working relationship to MailOnline : “Like Morecambe and Wise, we chose not to live in each other’s pockets.
- We were a great professional partnership but we never went on holiday together.” August 2017 – It’s announced that Willoughby will return to Dancing on Ice after reportedly receiving a £200,000 pay rise to match Schofield’s salary.
It’s also reported that Willoughby has received a pay rise from This Morning bosses to match Schofield’s annual salary of approximately £600,000 to £700,000. Until then, Willoughby is believed to have been previously paid £200,000 less than Schofield.
January 2018 – Willoughby’s return to Dancing on Ice airs on ITV. Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby on ‘Dancing on Ice’ August 2018 – Willoughby is revealed to be Anthony McPartlin’s replacement on I’m a Celebrity. Get Me Out of Here! alongside Declan Donnelly, after the former announces a year-long break from presenting.
October 2018 – Rumours of a rivalry between Schofield and Britton resurface when, during This Morning ‘s 30th anniversary episode, the latter claims she wasn’t invited to the show’s Bafta ceremony. “Congrats on the Bafta,” she says, adding: “That was absolutely wonderful and brilliant.
I would have loved to have been there but I didn’t get an invitation.” Schofield points out that she was on stage in Scotland at the time of the event, but Britton replies: “I wasn’t on Monday night – I would have come but I wasn’t invited.” This prompts Schofield to write on Twitter that Britton had “memory loss” and would have been welcome to attend.
April 2019 – Schofield seemingly frustrates, who appears on This Morning to preview the ensuing episode of Loose Women she was presenting. While introducing the episode’s topics, Schofield cuts her off, stating: “Guys, we’re going to have to jump in there and stop you I’m afraid because we’re a bit tight for time at this end.
Thank you, Ruth.” Langsford appears unimpressed, and fires back: “Well, I only had about two more words to say.” Phillip Schofield awkwardly cuts off Ruth Langsford on ‘This Morning’ June 2019 – Schofield that he blocked from securing several high-profile presenting roles. A report alleges that Schofield has branded the Britain’s Got Talent judge “difficult to manage”, and that he “actively campaigned” for Rochelle Humes to get the gig as his stand-in co-host despite Holden being told the job was hers.
It’s also claimed that Holden had been told she would replace McPartlin on, only to allegedly have her booking prevented by Schofield. December 2019 – First claims of a rift between Schofield and Willoughby are reported. The pair are said to be embroiled in a “toxic” rift, and it’s reported that Schofield was jealous about his co-host’s I’m a Celebrity stint.
- During a press launch for a new series Dancing on Ice, Willoughby tells reporters: “You couldn’t do the amount of hours of TV that we do with each other without getting on.” It’s also claimed that Ruth Langsford has filed a complaint about Schofield to ITV bosses.
- February 2020 – Schofield ahead of an episode of This Morning, following which Willoughby, sharing a photo of herself alongside Schofield, : “Never been more proud of my friend than I am today.” During the episode, the pair discuss Schofield’s decision to come out, with Willoughby telling him: “I know that is something you have been living with, that inner conflict, for a long time.” Holly Willoughby supports Phillip Schofield as he comes out as gay on ‘This Morning’ November 2021 – Willoughby refutes claims she ever had a rift with Schofield on, stating: “I was watching from afar when you’ve got every person in the press saying that you and Phillip are having a ‘tough time’ and, meanwhile, you’re great friends and there were no arguments.” She describes the 2018 reports as “a particularly difficult time”, adding: “But I think, and I remember having this conversation with Phil at the time, it was like: ‘But we know’.
I have to believe that, that as long as you know the truth, then everything’s got to be OK.” February 2022 – Eamonn Holmes hits out at Schofield after he and wife Langsford are replaced on Friday’s episode of This Morning by Alison Hammond and Dermot O’Leary.
- He says Schofield is “passive-aggressive” and accuses him of “snubbing people”.
- Speaking about the rumoured rift with Langsford, Holmes later said: “It’s up to Ruth to say how she felt, but I was feeling hurt for her.” September 2022 – Schofield and Willoughby are criticised for while filming a segment for This Morning about Queen Elizabeth II lying in state.
ITV, who address the controversy during an episode the following week. Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield are criticised for seemingly jumpig the queue at Queen Elizabeth II’s lying in state April 2023 – Schofield comes off air for a few weeks after his brother Timothy is convicted of 11 sexual offences involving a child between October 2016 and October 2019, including two of sexual activity with a child.
- Schofield, who, thanks viewers for their “kind messages and support” upon his return.11 May 2023 – Schofield responds to with Willoughby.
- The presenter says that, while “the last few weeks haven’t been easy for either of us”, he views Willoughby as his “rock”.
- He adds: “We’re the best of friends – as always, she is an incredible support on screen, behind the scenes and on the phone.
Holly has always been there for me, through thick and thin. And I’ve been there for her.” 14 May 2023 – ITV confirms that Willoughby and Schofield will present the next episode of This Morning, airing Monday 15 May, as normal despite feud claims.20 May 2023 – In a statement, Schofield confirms that he has left This Morning with immediate effect, writing: “I understand that ITV has decided the current situation can’t go on, and I want to do what I can to protect the show that I love.”,26 May 2023 – Schofield with a colleague on This Morning,
In a statement to the Daily Mail, Schofield said: “I did have a consensual on-off relationship with a younger male colleague at This Morning, In an effort to protect my ex-colleague I haven’t been truthful about the relationship. I am painfully conscious that I have lied to my employers at ITV, to my colleagues and friends, to my agents, to the media and therefore the public and most importantly of all to my family.
I am so very, very sorry, as I am for having been unfaithful to my wife.” It’s also revealed that Schofield has dropped by his agents after 35 years. The entertainment world reacts to news of Schofield’s admission, with for “lying” and “deceiving” him and Langsford.
Saying it is “deeply disappointed” by Schofield, and feels “badly let down” by him.27 May 2023 – Willoughby, saying she asked him if rumours about the relationship were true back in 2020. She said her co-host assured her they were not, adding: “It’s been very hurtful to now find out that this was a lie.” 2 June 2023 – Schofield in the immediate aftermath of the scandal, telling he rhe was “deeply sorry”.
He said she never replied, and he “understands” why. He also with the BBC, in which he denies “grooming” his younger male colleague, and says he believes his career is over.5 June 2023 – Willoughby and opens the episode by saying she is “shaken” and “troubled” by Schofield’s admission.
She said: “You, me and all of us at This Morning gave our love and support to someone who was not telling the truth. Who acted in a way that they themselves felt that they had to resign from ITV and step down from a career that they loved. That is a lot to process.” Willoughby added: “And it’s equally hard to see the toll that it’s taken on their own mental health.
I think what unites us all now is a desire to heal for the health and wellbeing of everyone. I hope that as we start this new chapter and get back to a place of warmth and magic that this show holds for all of us, we can find strength in each other.” : Everything we know about the Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby ‘fall-out’
Are Holly and Phil really friends
Take it from someone in a TV duo: Holly and Phil are simply sick of each other | David Mitchell W hy is the so diverting? Maybe you don’t find it so. Maybe current affairs interest you in direct proportion to their importance. If so, you’re lucky. For most of us, the dry detail and/or savage tragedy of momentous issues drive our minds towards triviality.
- I have never grasped what’s happening in Syria or why to be scared about China, so this week I’ve been digging into what’s going on with Holly and Phil.
- This is not what the two people involved want.
- That’s one thing they would still agree on.
- These are not circumstances where those at the centre of a furore are feeding off it and enjoying it, like Piers Morgan or Ryanair.
Having resigned as co-presenter of This Morning (and subsequently from ITV), Schofield will want the story to go away. The things he has come to prominence saying on television are too bland to be noticed if the viewers are all speculating on whether he’s a nightmare to work with.
- Similarly, as she continues on the show, Willoughby’s ability to seem sympathetic and relatable for two and a half hours every morning will be compromised by a lingering aura of anger and ruthlessness.
- They want this to stop.
- ITV wants this to stop.
- Hence the disingenuous expressions of goodwill amid the wreckage.
Schofield stepping down saying “I want to do what I can to protect the show that I love”; Willoughby thanking him “for all of his knowledge, his experience and his humour”, adding “the sofa won’t feel the same without him”; and, on the programme itself, from which Willoughby is also currently absent, Alison Hammond and Dermot O’Leary paying tribute in such shaken and sombre tones that, had they not tremulously wished him “all the best for the future”, you’d think he’d died.
This is what makes the story so diverting. The contrast between the evident reality and the hastily applied coat of bullshit. They are lying to us and we can tell. That makes us feel powerful and them look foolish. And it’s a much better story than the one they’ve been feeding us for years. Let’s look at that story.
It was that Phil and Holly were inseparable and devoted buddies. The last we heard of it was earlier in the month when, in the hope of quelling the storm of gossip, Schofield released a statement saying: “Holly is my rock. We’re the best of friends Holly has always been there for me, through thick and thin.
- And I’ve been there for her.” “Sources” were quick to say that Willoughby had been enraged by this outburst but, for years, it had been the party line.
- They were supposedly exceptionally close friends: they went on holiday together and, in 2016, released photos of themselves splashing in the sea with Phil in an “I heart HW” T-shirt and Holly in an “I heart PS” one.
This was partly a parody of the affair Tom Hiddleston and Taylor Swift were conducting at the time in which Hiddleston had proclaimed his regard by means of papped-T-shirt, but it was also supposed to be sincere. Schofield captioned one of the photos with the word “bestie” which Willoughby then reposted, adding “Love!!!”.
You can’t ‘have it all out’ because the root cause of each person’s distress is the other’s constant presence This is all a bit emetic, but they’d obviously concluded that, whether they were close or not in real life, it was a good idea to seem like they were. Perhaps they were inspired by Ant and Dec, whose friendship has made them market leaders of their genre of television.
But Ant and Dec met as teenagers, came to prominence side by side and stayed there. They are indisputably genuine friends. Were Phil and Holly? It is entirely plausible that, before recent controversies over and the, they got on fine. Or well. Or even extremely well.
- But projecting the notion that they were splashing-in-the-waves “besties” is over-egging the pudding.
- There’s a 19-year age gap.
- He’s been on telly since she was four.
- That doesn’t preclude their being friends but it would inform the relationship.
- There was no suggestion of that texture in the story they were trying to tell, which was basically just a couple of kids having a hell of a laugh.
Except one of them’s in his 60s. Their friendship was a fiction written by people unskilled at writing fiction. Consciously or subliminally, the audience didn’t buy it and felt patronised. So when the lie is exposed, that’s box office. Working intensively with one other person in showbusiness can be trying.
I know this from years of constant creative collaboration with, an extremely close friend of mine whom, for months at a time, I found unbearable. My only consolation was that he felt the same about me. This was during a period when we were working together – either writing or performing – for the vast majority of the time we were awake.
When you spend hours and hours, day after day, with the same person, and it is someone with whom you are not in love, it’s hard not to take their continued presence as a long, low-energy assault on your very soul. Whatever the specifics of Schofield and Willoughby’s quarrel, a major cause can be summarised in two words: you again,
They must be sick of each other, a condition that their attempts to broadcast an image of idyllic amity on social media will have exacerbated because it necessitated spending even more time together. Rob and I could have given them a key piece of advice. It’s simple: don’t have a row. We never have. Even though you want to, don’t.
It will not clear the air, it will poison it. You can’t “have it all out” because the root cause of each person’s distress is the other’s constant presence. That is not OK to express. There is no person who can take that well, let alone one who is already finding you infuriating.
Do you have an opinion on the issues raised in this article? If you would like to submit a letter of up to 250 words to be considered for publication, email it to us at
: Take it from someone in a TV duo: Holly and Phil are simply sick of each other | David Mitchell
Why isn t Holly Willoughby talking to Phillip Schofield?
Phillip Schofield isn’t speaking to Holly Willoughby as he offers huge apology Phillip Schofield has revealed he isn’t speaking to former This Morning co-star and best friend Holly Willoughby as he offers her a huge apology Phillip Schofield: ‘It was consensual, but it was my fault’
- has revealed he isn’t speaking to his former co-star and best friend,
- The pair worked together on the show for 14 years and became close friends on and off set.
- Yet the presenter has now said the pair have broken all contact, following his brother’s imprisonment.
- Phillip, 61, has now apologised to Holly for lying about his affair with a young runner and for tainting her image.
- He says he has lost his “best friend” and “let her down”.
- The former This Morning star also acknowledged he “let that entire show down” and the “viewers down”.
“Holly did not know (about the romance). And she was one of the first texts that I sent, to say, ‘I am so, so sorry that I lied to you’. Phillip has revealed he isn’t speaking to Holly ( ITV) “She didn’t reply and I understand why she didn’t reply, as well. So yeah. If anyone is in any way linking Holly to this; that is absolutely, wholly untrue,” he told,
- He also says he hasn’t had a feud with Holly, but the “witch hunt” has since stripped their friendship away.
- “Quite rightly, she is going to take a step back and think, ‘I have to step back from this’, and I understand that completely,” he added.
- Last month it was reported there was a rumoured feud between the co-stars after they were said to have been “barely speaking” off camera.
- While Phillip’s brother Timothy was sentenced to 12 years in prison after being found guilty of sexually abusing a teenage boy.
- Phillip presented his final episode of This Morning on Thursday, May 18, with ITV confirming his immediate exit just two days later.
- In a shocking turn-of-events, Phillip subsequently parted ways from ITV and his management company after admitting to having an affair with a younger colleague.
Phil has issued an apology to his former co-star Holly ( S Meddle/ITV/REX) He said: “The first thing I want to say is: I am deeply sorry for having lied to them, and to many others about a relationship that I had with someone working on This Morning.
- He continued: “I have therefore decided to step down from the British Soap Awards, my last public commitment, and am resigning from ITV with immediate effect expressing my immense gratitude to them for all the amazing opportunities that they have given me.
- “I will reflect on my very bad judgement in both participating in the relationship and then lying about it.”
- He has since claimed he did “not groom” the younger colleague at that he had an affair with.
- The former presenter has spoke out in a bid to address rumours and says he “didn’t lie to protect my career” but to protect the man he had an affair with.
You can find this story in Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right. : Phillip Schofield isn’t speaking to Holly Willoughby as he offers huge apology