- 1 Is Phil Schofield in a relationship
- 2 Are Philip and Stephanie still together
- 3 Why did Phillip leave This Morning
- 3.1 Has Philip left his wife?
- 3.2 Did Holly and Phil say sorry?
- 3.3 Did Phil and Holly apologies?
- 3.4 How much is Phillip Schofield paid for Dancing on Ice?
- 4 Will Philip Schofield return to TV
Is Phil Schofield in a relationship
Phillip Schofield has confirmed he is still married to wife Stephanie Lowe – despite coming out as gay three years ago. The couple married in March 1993 after meeting while they were both working in TV at the BBC, At the time Stephanie was a production assistant and it was the start of Phillip’s career as a children’s TV presenter.
You’d have thought someone wouldn’t be attracted to a man with a puppet and dodgy jumpers!” he joked at the time. Fast forward 30 years and the pair admit they remain married and share two daughters, Molly, 30, and Ruby, 27. But following the revelation Phillip had an affair with a younger male ITV staff member when he worked on This Morning, he confessed “things are not brilliant right now”.
Here we look back at their relationship in full, from a naughty proposal and fairytale wedding to Phillip coming out as gay and Stephanie’s fury at finding out about his affair.
Are Philip and Stephanie still together
Phillip Schofield has confirmed that he is still married to wife Stephanie Lowe and has spoken about her furious reaction to news of his affair. In his first interview since admitting to the relationship and his high profile departure from ITV, the 61-year-old has shared details about the impact the scandal has had on his family.
The former ITV presenter, 61, said that his daughters, Ruby and Molly, were “my greatest asset”. Phillip says his wife was “very, very angry” about his affair with a younger male colleague, but that his daughters had been “guarding” him during the fallout. He told The Sun that he had previously denied rumours about the affair to his wife, Stephanie Lowe, when she had asked about them.
Recalling breaking the news to her he said: “She got off a plane and I phoned her up and texted saying, ‘I need to talk to you’. “She called back and I told her. She was very, very angry.” He added: “She is very, very angry but we spoke today. And my daughters were unbelievable.
“They are without question, our greatest asset. I always say our, but from a father’s point of view, my greatest asset are my girls.” Schofield went on to say that his daughters had arrived to “look after” him in the days since the affair was made public. “If it hadn’t been for my girls last week I wouldn’t be here,” he told The Sun.
“I know I deserve it but they said, ‘Don’t you dare, we’re here to look after you’. I’ve had such a shit couple of years, and with this ultimate final cataclysm, I looked ahead at nothing and the girls said, ‘Don’t, we are here to look after you. Don’t you dare do it on our watch’.
Michael Mosley shares best weight loss snack when you’re craving chocolate or biscuits Gogglebox’s Daniel Lustig Webb shares marriage update with fans on Instagram Phillip Schofield reveals exactly how and when affair with ex-lover began Phillip Schofield asks ‘do you want me to die’ as he says he has lost everything Plans announced to create flats at former coal yard
Story Saved You can find this story in My Bookmarks. Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right.
Why did Holly and Phil fall out?
The ‘real’ reason Holly and Phil fell out – It has recently been revealed the real reason the Holly and Phil’s friendship turned sour, with reports that the fallout was all over International Women’s Day. The Daily Mail reports that for International Women’s Day this year, Holly wanted to switch up the panel with an all-female presenting line-up.
A timeline of Phillip Schofield’s shock feud with Eamonn Holmes
When 8th March came around, This Morning started with a tribute to all the women that work on the show, with Holly being given the chance to host the show alone for a short time before Phillip reappeared. An ITV source told the publication: “Holly was livid about Gormley’s decision and the fact Phillip had undermined her, and made that very clear to numerous people at ITV.
Has Phillip Schofield’s wife forgiven him?
I’ve abandoned my useless British passport – It’s hard to unpick the offence he committed because our moral discourse is rather clogged up with sentimentality, evasion and political correctness. Imagine if the tearful chat with Holly on the sofa had gone a bit differently.
- She praises his courage and asks him if he is now looking for a partner.
- He replies, through his tears, that in fact he has recently fallen in love – and the lucky man is Dave, from props.
- Does this change things? Could his new love suddenly be affirmed? Could Dave join them on the sofa amid tears and hugs? Surely not.
It would have been too much to take, the news that Phil is now with Dave from props. But that’s hypocritical. Is there something wrong with a man falling in love with another man? Why is it fine, and indeed brave, for a married man to realise he is gay, but wrong for him to realise this through falling in love with a colleague? Or let’s imagine the chat going another way.
- Holly asks Phil if he is looking for a new partner, and he says no, for now he’s enjoying the gay scene too much.
- Surely that would not have been deemed an acceptable answer.
- But that too is hypocritical.
- Is there something wrong with a gay man enjoying the gay scene? If there is, our admiration for people coming out should be qualified.
Or let’s imagine a different scenario. Schofield is straight. He tearfully admits that he has fallen in love with a young woman and is leaving his wife. She and his daughters have forgiven him, and he hopes that Holly and the public will too. This would not be OK.
- In the nicey-smiley touchy-feely world of daytime TV, a man cannot behave like that these days.
- The story reveals a clash between two forces.
- Our culture contains a sentimental puritanism that demands that daytime TV hosts are squeaky clean, like sexless dolls.
- And it also requires shows of emotional openness, of rounded humanity, of virtuous victim-status.
Schofield tried to combine the two by presenting himself as a devoted family man, painfully wrestling with his sexuality, bravely discovering his true self. But he had to present himself as a sanitised, asexual gay man. He had to perform a Disney version of gayness.
The story also tells us something about homosexuality’s unstable relationship with respectability. By coming out, Schofield was heightening his image as a cuddly sexless personality, laying claim to a sort of innocence. It sort of seemed that he was too nice and boyish to be interested in sex of any sort – for look, he was so sad about letting down his family whom he loved so much, and his amazing wider family too, whose hugs and understanding meant the world to him.
By contrast, a straight man would surely express his identity crisis by screwing some young totty at the office, the selfish toxic sod. Homosexuality, we seem to half-believe, is the more human, vulnerable, innocent form of sexuality, which is really more of a spiritual attitude, of courageous self-acceptance, than a selfish lust.
Why did Phillip leave This Morning
Phillip Schofield quits ITV after admitting affair with This Morning colleague
- Phillip Schofield has sensationally quit ITV and admitted to an affair with a younger male colleague at This Morning while he was still married.
- The 61-year-old – who stepped down from presenting the daytime TV programme last Saturday – said the “consensual on-off relationship” was “unwise, but not illegal”.
- Schofield said he was “very sorry” for the affair, which happened while he was married to his wife of 30 years, Stephanie Lowe.
- The TV presenter admitted he lied about the relationship to ITV, his colleagues, friends and his agents, YMU, who have since parted ways with Schofield.
- He told the Daily Mail: “In an effort to protect my ex-colleague, I haven’t been truthful about the relationship.
- “But my recent, unrelated, departure from This Morning fuelled speculation and raised questions which have been impacting him, so for his sake it is important for me to be honest now.
“I am painfully conscious that I have lied to my employers at ITV, to my colleagues and friends, to my agents, to the media and therefore the public and most importantly of all to my family. I am so very, very sorry, as I am for having been unfaithful to my wife.
“I have therefore decided to step down from the British Soap Awards, my last public commitment, and am resigning from ITV with immediate effect expressing my immense gratitude to them for all the amazing opportunities that they have given me.” An ITV spokesperson said: “We are deeply disappointed by the admissions of deceit made tonight by Phillip Schofield.
“The relationships we have with those we work with are based on trust. Phillip made assurances to us which he now acknowledges were untrue and we feel badly let down. “We accept his resignation from ITV and therefore can confirm that he will not be appearing on ITV as had previously been stated.” Schofield’s departure from This Morning came amid reports of a rift with Holly Willoughby, with whom he had been presenting the programme since 2009.
- Willoughby and Schofield attracted criticism in September last year when they were alleged to have,
- The pair denied the accusation and said their visit was “”strictly for reporting” and complied with accredited media access rules.
- This year they have both taken breaks from This Morning for different reasons.
Schofield took pre-planned leave from the show around the time of his brother’s sexual abuse trial at Exeter crown court last month. Timothy Schofield, 54, was convicted of 11 sexual offences involving a child between October 2016 and October 2019, including two of sexual activity with a child.
In a statement after the guilty verdict, Phillip Schofield said his brother’s crimes were “despicable” and welcomed the guilty verdicts. In April, Willoughby also took time off from the ITV morning programme due to having the painful rash shingles, which is caused by the same virus as chickenpox. ITV has said Willoughby will “co-present with members of the This Morning family” when she returns on Monday 5 June.
After his departure from This Morning, Alison Hammond and Dermot O’Leary filled in on the show on Monday. Opening the broadcast, Hammond said: “We can’t start today’s show without paying tribute to the man who spent the last two decades sitting on the This Morning sofa: Phillip Schofield.” O’Leary added: “So as a show, everyone on and off screen at ITV and This Morning on say a huge thank-you to Phil for what he’s done to make the show such a success over the last 21 years.” The duo co-presented the programme on Monday and Tuesday, while Craig Doyle took the helm with Hammond on Wednesday.
- “As a result, on Thursday we agreed to part company with Phillip, with immediate effect.”
- In a statement from his lawyers, Schofield said: “It is with the most profound regret that after 35 years of being faultlessly managed by YMU I have agreed to step down from their representation with immediate effect.”
- Schofield, 61, started his career as a bookings clerk at the BBC but later moved to New Zealand, where he took TV and radio work.
- He returned to the UK in 1985 to and became a continuity announcer for Children’s BBC, a slot that also made a star of a puppet called Gordon the Gopher, and presented the Saturday morning show Going Live from 1987 to 1993.
Schofield was given the job at This Morning in 2002 following the arrest of then presenter John Leslie, later released without charge. He co-presented the show with Fern Britton, who later quit and was replaced by Willoughby. In February 2020, Schofield and praised his “remarkable” and “amazing” wife Stephanie for her support.
Has Philip left his wife?
Phillip Schofield reveals he is still married as he shares wife’s response to affair. Phillip Schofield has confirmed he has not yet got a divorce from his wife Stephanie Lowe, admitting ‘things aren’t brilliant right now’.
Is Luke Evans with Philip Schofield?
Phillip Schofield has revealed that he is surprisingly close friends with Beauty and the Beast actor Luke Evans. Phil’s fans were stunned to see he even holidayed with Welsh star Luke, as well as interior designer Kelly Hoppen and her husband. The This Morning host has been sharing glorious snaps of his idyllic skiing jaunt in the French Alps on instagram,
- In them were some familiar faces, including Luke, who played Gaston opposite Emma Watson’s Belle, and Kelly, an interiors guru.
- Phil captioned one shot: “Ski gang 2022,” as he beamed in a photo with his large friendship group in the scenic setting.
- Another photo showed Kelly with her arm around Phil as he lauded her “the best host”.
He’s been getting along famously with her husband John, too, calling him a “generous host and brilliant ski instructor”. Phil is celebrating his 60th birthday, while Luke also turned 43 this week. To mark the special occasion, Luke’s friends arranged for him to be brought a birthday cake adorned with candles.
Sharing a photo of himself with Kelly, he penned: “What a very special few days I’ve had. With some truly brilliant human beings. Thank you for making my 43rd birthday go off with a bang! “Especially @kellbell_red and Big John for being the most epic of hosts, and for @justinhornechef making me a tasty AF birthday cake! It’s been wonderful.
“I blew out the candles Delta Force style apparently!!” he added. As the trip came to an end, another photo saw five of them sitting in the back of a vehicle. Phil wrote the caption: “We don’t want to go!!! @kellyhoppen @bendelisi @thereallukeevans”. DON’T MISS: ‘Heartbroken’ Helen Mirren breaks silence after Rio Hackford’s death Amanda Holden, 51, teases fans as she flaunts legs in daring skirt Carol Kirkwood sets record straight on BBC Breakfast future The presenter made headlines earlier this week when he blasted Prince Harry’s cryptic comments about wanting to “protect the Queen” as a deliberately ominous remark as he claimed the Duke of Sussex “knows how it works”.
- During an interview at the Invictus Games, Prince Harry said he had enjoyed seeing the Queen recently but wants to make sure she is “protected” and surrounded by “the right people”.
- Debating the meaning of his statement on This Morning, Phillip argued Harry knows he “can’t make a throw-away line” of that nature.
“Even though he thinks he has backed away from that lifestyle and said how much it affected his mental health, he still knows how it works,” Phillip commented. “He still knows that you can’t, as him, have a throw-away line like that! “It will be analysed, it will be looked at and we don’t know what the conversation was.
Who is Stephanie from 90 day fiance dating now?
Stephanie Matto from 90 Day Fiancé: Before The 90 Days reveals how she found her French boyfriend and got into a committed relationship with him. Former 90 Day Fiancé star Stephanie Matto has recently revealed she met her boyfriend on Tinder, along with other details about her budding relationship. Viewers may know Stephanie from her first appearance on 90 Day Fiancé: Before the 90 Days, During the season, she had a same-sex relationship with Australian native Erika Owens,
The couple first hit it off on social media after Erika came across Stephanie’s content. One thing led to another, and the 31-year-old American flew nine thousand miles to meet Erika. Unfortunately, their relationship didn’t work out, and the two have since moved on to different things. While Erika found a new boyfriend, Stephanie returned to the small screen on 90 Day: The Single Life,
This time, the 31-year-old beauty had a different storyline in her mind, which was to end her celibacy by finding a perfect partner. Unfortunately, the former 90 Day Fiancé star couldn’t form a fruitful relationship despite meeting several people. After failing to find love in the spin-off, she moved on to build a profitable business online.
During the same time, Stephanie met a French guy who helped her lose her celibacy in the most magical way possible. Former 90 Day Fiancé cast member Stephanie has previously talked much about her boyfriend and continues to do so. In a recent Instagram Q&A, the adult star answered a fan who asked her, “How did you meet Frenchie?” Stephanie revealed, ” We met by chance on tinder!” and added that she could not meet her boyfriend in person for months, as he was in France and the borders were closed.
She and her beau “facetimed for about 5 months” before she finally flew to Paris and met him face to face. She confirmed that her boyfriend is six years older than her. Stephanie also talked about the privacy of her relationship and what it means to her.
When a 90 Day Fiancé fan asked Stephanie, “Why are you so private with this relationship?,” she replied that she goes into the topic in more detail on her YouTube channel. On Instagram, Stephanie claimed her “previous relationships which were super public” ended up scarring her. That’s why she appreciates that her new man is a “very private person” who doesn’t like reality TV drama or social media “bulls**t.” She ended her response by asserting that she loves that her man is a low-key guy who wants to keep their relationship private.
A few months ago, Stephanie confirmed that her French boyfriend is an attractive businessman. She added that the two share many common interests and that he is just as adventurous as her. Perhaps, that’s why the couple is seemingly going strong despite having completely different social lives.
- Stephanie, who is a proud clout chaser, appears genuinely in love for the first time in years.
- She seems serious about her commitment to the new man and doesn’t disrespect him by sharing about him on the internet.
- While 90 Day Fiancé fans have reservations about Stephanie’s new relationship, they hope it isn’t one of her many marketing tricks to gain notoriety.
Next: 90 Day Fiancé: The Most Shocking Things Stephanie Matto Has Sold Online Source: Stephanie Matto /Instagram
Did Holly and Phil say sorry?
Phillip Schofield has revealed that he sent his former best friend Holly Willoughby a message apologising for lying to her.
Did Phil and Holly apologies?
Phillip Schofield apologises to Holly Willoughby and former lover over affair | BreakingNews.ie
- Phillip Schofield has said he is sorry for lying to his “best friend” Holly Willoughby, but owes his “greatest apology” to his former lover and colleague.
- The 61-year-old presenter told The Sun the fallout from his secret affair had brought “the greatest misery” to the man’s “totally innocent life”.
- Schofield resigned from ITV last week and was dropped by his talent agency YMU after admitting to the “unwise but not illegal” relationship.
- In his first interview since leaving the broadcaster and This Morning, he said he was “utterly broken and ashamed” but that he had not “groomed” the man.
Schofield apologised for lying to his ‘best friend’ Willoughby (Jonathan Brady/PA) He also denied there had ever been a “feud” between him and his “TV sister” Willoughby. “I’ve lost my best friend. I let her down,” he told The Sun. “Holly did not know. And she was one of the first texts that I sent, to say, ‘I am so, so sorry that I lied to you’.”
- The pair had presented This Morning together since 2009, with Willoughby due to return to the show on Monday after the half-term break, having taken an early holiday after news of Schofield’s departure emerged.
- Alison Hammond and Dermot O’Leary have been among the presenters hosting the programme in recent weeks.
- Schofield went on to say that his “greatest apology” over the fallout from the affair was to his former lover and that he would “die sorry” for what he had done.
“It has brought the greatest misery into his totally innocent life, his totally innocent family, his totally innocent friends. It has brought the greatest grief to them,” he told The Sun. “I am deeply sorry and I apologise to him because I should have known better.
- Schofield had reportedly first met the man when he was 15-years-old, but said the affair did not begin until he was much older and had begun working at ITV.
- He told The Sun the affair with the younger colleague began in 2017 after a “consensual moment” in his dressing room.
- “It was not a love affair, it was not a relationship, we were not boyfriends; we were mates,” he said.
“I did not (groom him). There are accusations of all sorts of things. It never came across that way (an abuse of power) because we’d become mates. I don’t know about that. “Of course I understand that there will be a massive judgment, but bearing in mind, I have never exercised that anywhere else.” The relationship took place while the TV star was still married to wife Stephanie Lowe and before he came out publicly as gay (Ian West/PA)
- The relationship took place while the TV star was still married to wife Stephanie Lowe and before he came out publicly as gay.
- Schofield said his wife was “very, very angry” after he confessed to her, having previously denied the relationship, but that his daughters, Ruby and Molly Lowe, had been very supportive.
- His interview with The Sun comes ahead of another with the BBC, due to air on Friday, in which he will face questions from Amol Rajan.
- In a preview of the interview the presenter said he and the young man had begun communicating with a “completely innocent backwards and forwards” on Twitter about jobs and careers.
“What’s wrong with that? What’s wrong with talking to someone no matter what age they are?” he said. Schofield has also participated in another interview with the BBC’s Amol Rajan (Jeff Overs/BBC/PA)
- He added: “The brief communications backwards and forwards up to the point that he came to work on This Morning I think was just chat.
- “What was unwise was the fact that it happened and that was a very, very grave error.
- “It was consensual, but it was my fault.”
- It comes after ITV boss Dame Carolyn McCall was called to a parliamentary committee on June 14th to answer questions about the broadcaster’s approach to safeguarding and complaint handling following Schofield’s exit.
- In a letter seen by the PA news agency on Wednesday, the chief executive revealed the broadcaster had instructed barrister Jane Mulcahy KC of Blackstone Chambers, to carry out an external review of the facts.
- It also said the broadcaster had “reviewed” its records and said “when rumours of a relationship” between Schofield and an employee of ITV emerged, they “both categorically and repeatedly denied the rumours”.
- “Given the ongoing rumours, we continued to ask questions of both parties, who both continued to deny the rumours, including as recently as this month,” the letter stated.
- The letter was addressed to the UK culture secretary Lucy Frazer, Culture, Media and Sport committee chair Dame Caroline Dinenage and Ofcom’s chief executive Dame Melanie Dawes.
ITV boss Dame Carolyn McCall (Richard Kendal/RTS/PA) Ms McCall said: “The Committee regards the media industry’s duty of care towards its staff a matter of the highest importance. “Whilst the recent coverage focuses on the Schofield case, it also raises fundamental issues about safeguarding and complaint handling both at ITV and more widely across the media.
- Ms McCall’s letter said there has been “a lot of inaccuracy” in reporting and the former employee Schofield admitted to an affair with has been offered support throughout.
- Since Schofield’s resignation, This Morning has been plagued by allegations of “toxicity”.
- The show’s former resident doctor, Dr Ranj Singh, has hit out at a “toxic” culture, saying he raised concerns about “bullying and discrimination” two years ago when he worked there – and afterwards felt like he was “managed out” for whistleblowing.
- In the letter on Wednesday, the ITV boss said that an external review conducted following a complaint made by Dr Ranj found “no evidence of bullying or discrimination”.
: Phillip Schofield apologises to Holly Willoughby and former lover over affair | BreakingNews.ie
Is Phillip Schofield still friends with Holly?
The former presenter of ITV’s This Morning, Phillip Schofield has opened up about his final text to ex-best friend Holly Willoughby. The pair’s friendship ended on bad terms after Schofield admitted that he was having an affair with a younger colleague whilst on the chat show.
What was the downfall of Phillip Schofield?
As U.K. network ITV launches an external review into the circumstances surrounding ” This Morning ” anchor Phillip Schofield ‘s “unwise but not illegal” relationship with a young employee, many are wondering how the long-time host – a staple of British daytime television – went from ITV golden boy to Tellyland exile in a matter of weeks.
- It’s a storyline that could have been ripped from Jennifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon’s Apple TV+ hit “The Morning Show.” An older male anchor handpicks a glamorous, younger and – according to unkind whispers – malleable blonde to be his co-host after falling out with her predecessor.
- Fifteen years later the young blonde (reportedly) turns on him, ousting him from the show following a string of scandals that were beginning to taint her brand.
But her victory may be short-lived as the married male anchor drops the bombshell that he had an affair with a young male employee right under everyone’s noses. The revelation detonates his career and threatens to take down not only his former colleague but dozens of executives – including the head of the network.
How much is Phillip Schofield paid for Dancing on Ice?
What is Phillip Schofield’s This Morning salary? – Phillip Schofield reportedly earns £600,000 a year for presenting This Morning, the same as his co-host Holly Willoughby. Since 2002 Phillip has been a presenter on the ITV daytime show and previously fronted it with Ferne Britton. He also presented Dancing On Ice from 2016-2023 and is said to have earned £45,00 per show.
How much does Alison Hammond get paid?
How much is Alison Hammond paid for This Morning? – After stepping up and taking a more senior presenting role on This Morning, she is allegedly paid £600,000 a year. Alison originally joined the This Morning team in 2003 as their showbiz reporter where she famously caused chaos with her fun and hilarious interviews.
Will Philip Schofield return to TV
Phillip Schofield will not be returning to TV any time in the near future, despite recent reports that his pal Vanessa Feltz is trying to help him make a comeback. Earlier this month, the former This Morning presenter and ex co-star were spotted together in a London restaurant deep in conversation, which was the first time Phil had been seen with a This Morning co-worker after stepping down from all of his ITV roles.
Phil left the channel when he admitted to an ‘unwise’ affair with a younger male colleague. During an interview with the BBC, Phil revealed estranged best friend Holly Willoughby did not reply to his apology text messages and she has since returned to This Morning without him. Following Phil’s meet-up with Vanessa, rumours had been circulating about him making a comeback but insiders are now suggesting ‘it’s not going to happen’, hinting that he will stay under the radar a bit longer.
A source claimed: “There were rumours flying around about him making a comeback, but that just isn’t going to happen. TV channels are keeping their distance.” According to the insider, Vanessa stepped in to help Phil with his career. They revealed: “Vanessa was putting the feelers out to TalkTV producers about Phil having a segment there, but they gave her a hard ‘no’. Phillip won’t be making a TV comeback (Image: Ken McKay/ITV/REX/Shutterstock) Speaking to OK! about a possible move to TalkTV, Phillip’s lawyer said he hadn’t “heard anything to that effect from him”. Vanessa often appeared on This Morning alongside Schofield and Holly Willoughby and now Vanessa has her own Talk TV show which she could invite Phillip on to, although he insisted his TV career was over in a recent interview. He stepped down from ITV earlier this year (Image: Getty Images) He told the BBC’s Amol Rajan: “I see nothing ahead of me but blackness and sadness and regret and remorse and guilt.” He said: “I’m not in television any more, I don’t know what I am even remotely – if I get through this.
I don’t know even remotely how I move forward – what am I going to do with my days?” He added: “I did something very wrong and then I lied about it consistently and you can’t live with that. How do you live with that?” Get the latest celebrity gossip and telly news sent straight to your inbox. Sign up to our daily Showbiz newsletter here,
Story Saved You can find this story in My Bookmarks. Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right.
How long have Stephanie and Philip been together?
When did Phillip Schofield marry Stephanie Lowe? Stephanie and Phil met while he was working on children’s television and she was a BBC production assistant. The couple got married at Scotland’s Ackergill Tower in 1993 and celebrated their silver wedding anniversary in 2018, two years before he announced he was gay.
Is Stephanie from 90 day fiance single?
Recently on Instagram, 90 Day Fiancé: Before The 90 Days season 4 star Stephanie Matto hinted at possibly leaving the beloved franchise. Since her time alongside Erika Owens, who she later split from, Stephanie has been a part of multiple 90 Day Fiancé spin-offs, like The Single Life,
Is Phillip Schofield suspended?
When did Phillip Schofield resign from This Morning? – Phillip Schofield’s fall from grace has been swift. The veteran TV star, who has admitted to an affair with a much younger male colleague while still married to his wife, has lost his high-profile job on This Morning, his lucrative contract with ITV and his talent representation.
This is a timeline of how events unfolded: February 2020: Schofield comes out as gay after nearly 27 years of marriage to wife Stephanie, in an emotional on-air chat with co-host and long-time friend Holly Willoughby. The pair embrace on the sofa. September 2022: The co-hosts face criticism over claims they skipped the queue for the Queen’s lying in state while attending as members of the media to film a segment for This Morning.
April 17 2023: The first hint something might be wrong comes in the first show after the Easter break. They should have both been on the sofa after Schofield took leave while he brother Timothy was on trial for child sex offences. While Schofield is back in the studio, Willoughby is absent, saying she has shingles.
- May 10: There are reports the pair are ‘barely speaking’.
- May 11: Schofield calls Holly ‘his rock’ and says they are ‘the best of friends’.
- May 15: The pair put on a united front on This Morning and make no reference to stories about their relationship.
- May 18: Schofield presents what will turn out to be his last episode of This Morning.
May 20: Schofield steps down from This Morning with immediate effect. ITV says he will continue to present ‘peak time shows’, including The British Soap Awards and a new prime-time series. Willoughby releases a statement saying the sofa ‘won’t feel the same without him’.
May 21: It is announced that Dermot O’Leary and Alison Hammond will host the show on Monday May 22, as Willoughby takes early half-term leave. It is announced she will return to hosting duties on June 5. May 22: O’Leary and Hammond host the show and hail Schofield as ‘one of the best live television broadcasters this country has ever had’.
May 26: Schofield admits to an ‘unwise but not illegal’ affair with a much younger male colleague and resigns from ITV. He confirms that the relationship began while he was still with his wife and says he will not be hosting the British Soap Awards. He apologises for lying about the relationship.
- He is dropped by his talent agency YMU.
- May 27: Willoughby accuses Schofield of lying to her about the affair, saying his admission is ‘very hurtful’.
- ITV says the broadcaster was ‘not provided with, and did not find, any evidence of a relationship beyond hearsay and rumour’ when it looked into the matter in 2020.
May 28: Former This Morning resident doctor Dr Ranj Singh says the show is ‘toxic’, adding he raised concerns about ‘bullying and discrimination’ two years ago when he worked there and afterwards felt like he was ‘managed out’ for whistleblowing. ITV responds by saying an external and independent adviser was appointed to carry out a review after the complaint, which found ‘no evidence of bullying or discrimination’.
- May 29: Schofield releases a statement denying ‘toxicity’ at This Morning and says ‘it’s the same handful of people with a grudge against me or the show who seem to have the loudest voice’.
- Former This Morning presenter Eamonn Holmes alleges there was a ‘total cover-up’ at ITV over the affair and says Willoughby should follow Schofield ‘out the door’.
May 31: ITV’s chief executive Dame Carolyn McCall says that the broadcaster has instructed a barrister to conduct an external review of how it has handled Schofield’s affair. She adds that Jane Mulcahy KC, of Blackstone Chambers, will ‘carry out an external review to establish the facts’.
Does Phillip Schofield still talk to his wife?
Former This Morning host Phillip Schofield has shared his family’s stunned reaction to his affair, after speaking out for the first time since the bombshell news broke. The star confirmed that he is still married to wife, Stephanie Lowe, and that his family are being supportive during this difficult time.
The 61-year-old said he feels ‘he has no future’ after being dropped by ITV and his agent in the aftermath of his affair with a younger male colleague going public. Schofield said he turned to his wife Stephanie for guidance before his confession last week as he revealed all in a brand new interview with BBC News, The Mirror reports.
The former presenter said he had ‘no plans’ to ask for a divorce after coming out as gay in 2020 and now he has revealed that he is still legally married to Steph. READ MORE: Alison Hammond breaks down in tears on This Morning as she says Phillip Schofield interview is ‘painful to watch’ During the interview, Phillip said: “I had a wonderful marriage.
- Have! a wonderful marriage”, as he displayed his gold wedding band, which he is still wearing on his left hand.
- He continued: “It’s not brilliant right now,” before praising Steph as being an “incredibly supportive wife”, Phillip added: “Two beautiful children who had the most wonderful time as a family, a four is who we are.” Clarifying his relationship with Steph, Phil said: “We are separated but we are very much together.
Let’s just say it was an incredibly difficult conversation. The most difficult conversation I’ve ever had to have with her and she is extremely disappointed because I lied to her as well. But she wished me well today.” In a second interview with The Sun, Schofield said his wife was “very, very angry” after he confessed to her about his affair with a younger ITV colleague.
Schofield said he previously denied rumours about the affair to her when she had asked about them. “She got off a plane and I phoned her up and texted saying, ‘I need to talk to you’. She called back and I told her. She was very, very angry.” Schofield said his daughters also thought he had ‘screwed up royally’ but had also been ‘unbelievably supportive’ over the last few days.
He told BBC News that he felt he had no future after losing his career and didn’t know how he would fill his days now. Later in the interview, Phil opened up about realising that he was gay while still being happily married. “Something started trying to trip me up and I couldn’t figure out what it was.” He said his weight went down to nine stone as he battled with his feelings.
- Schofield said he sought therapy over ‘living with the lie’ and he had since learnt to accept that ‘things can change’.
- He said his relationship with the This Morning colleague ‘coincided with that moment.’ He made the revelation when asked when he realised he was gay.
- Schofield came out to the nation in 2020 but has now denied he was forced to do so amid rumours he was having an affair with a male colleague, saying it was entirely his choice.
Warning not to kill slugs in garden or use slug pellets I have a real problem says Martin Lewis as energy prices go down BGT’s Amanda Holden hits out at ‘woke snowflakery’ after comic’s ‘paedo’ jokes Ant & Dec forced to apologise after ‘fake’ moment Get the latest Yorkshire Live news with our email newsletters
Story Saved You can find this story in My Bookmarks. Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right.