- 1 Who is the premier footballer arrested
- 2 Who is the Arsenal player arrested
- 3 Which Man City player has been arrested
- 4 Why did the footballer get arrested
- 5 Which Chelsea player was arrested
- 6 What football player was sentenced to jail
- 7 Why were Arsenal fans arrested
Who is the premier footballer arrested
What now? Can Player X go abroad? Can he go on tour? Can he be sold? – There are precedents for players being sold to other clubs while under investigation. In October 2021, Yves Bissouma was arrested and questioned about an allegation of sexual assault while at Brighton, which he denied. GO DEEPER Bissouma cleared after sexual assault allegations In the EFL, there was a rape allegation made against forward Beryly Lubala before he was exonerated in court in January 2021. He was suspended by Blackpool when he was charged but the investigation had started when he played for his previous club, Crawley Town.
According to Lubala in his interview with The Athletic last year, Blackpool attempted to sack him as they argued he was duty-bound to inform them of this investigation. His lawyers successfully argued the onus lay with the selling club and his contract stood. In January this year, the court heard that Blackpool remained engaged in legal action against Crawley for the selling club’s alleged failure to disclose the claims.
The Athletic now understands this matter has been settled. But should Player X — or any footballer with serious allegations attached — be sold for millions of pounds before the investigation is concluded? And should they be allowed to be sold abroad? GO DEEPER Beryly Lubala, the footballer accused and found not guilty of rape “This would be shockingly close to intending to interfere with justice. If the player is sold and still on bail, the police should ask for his passport to be handed into them so that he can’t escape the jurisdiction,” says Baird.
What was the Premier League player accused of?
Premier League player accused of rape released under investigation
A footballer accused of rape has had his bail lifted and instead been released under investigation (RUI) whilst further enquiries are carried out.The player, who was arrested on suspicion of rape in July 2022, was initially bailed until a date in early October 2022.It was pushed back until July of this year and then again until a date in August.
With bail, a specific date is set for a person to return to a police station. Under RUI, there isn’t a set date. RUI provides a mechanism to continue with the case. In UK law, to reach a decision to charge a case, the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) must consider whether enough evidence exists against a suspect to provide a realistic prospect of conviction as well as whether it is in the public interest to prosecute.
- The player, who has not been suspended by his club and has been allowed to continue playing in the Premier League, cannot be named for legal reasons.
- A Metropolitan Police statement released to The Athletic read: “On 4 July 2022, an allegation of rape of a woman in her 20s was reported to police.
- It was reported the alleged rape happened in June 2022.
On 4 July 2022, a man was arrested on suspicion of rape and taken into custody. “While in custody, he was further arrested on suspicion of two incidents of rape that were alleged to have been committed in April and June of 2021 against a different woman in her 20s.
“In February 2023, the man was interviewed under caution for a sexual offence alleged to have taken place in February 2022. This relates to a third victim and was reported to police in July 2022. “No further action will be taken in relation to the alleged offence in June 2021 because the relevant legislation had not yet come into effect at the time it is said to have occurred.
3 Real Madrid players involved in sex scandal
“This has been explained to the complainant who continues to be supported by officers. “The man was bailed until August 2023. He was subsequently released under investigation whilst further enquiries are carried out.” (Photo: Joe Prior/Visionhaus via Getty Images) : Premier League player accused of rape released under investigation
Who is the Arsenal player arrested
Van Persie waits on rape charge | Football News
- Robin van Persie will learn on Wednesday if he is to remain in custody.
- The 21-year-old, recently capped for the Dutch international side, was arrested in Rotterdam on Monday night after being accused of a sex attack.
- With an investigation into the alleged incident now under way the Rotterdam authorities must decide on Wednesday whether to continue the case against the former Feyenoord man.
- “He was arrested on Monday, he is at least going to be in custody until tomorrow,” said prosecution spokeswoman Jei Chen de Graaf.
Robin van Persie will learn on Wednesday if he is going to be held in custody for a further 14 days following rape allegations levelled at the Arsenal youngster. “On Tuesday, we will decide if we are going to hold him for longer, although strictly speaking we do have three days. The investigation is in full motion right now.
- “He is now a suspect and, according to the findings of the investigation, if we want to hold him for longer than three days we have to ask a judge, and then he could be held for a further 14 days.”
- If convicted van Persie could face up to 12 years in jail, although the player’s lawyer appeared to be confident of clearing his client’s name.
- Speaking on Dutch television Abraham Moszkowicz said he expected van Persie to be released in the near future and pleaded the striker’s innocence.
“The fact that he is locked up does not mean that they have a case against him. And I don’t say that lightly,” Moszkowicz told NOS.
- “I wouldn’t be surprised if Mr Van Persie is released quickly.
- “I know the class of the young lady concerned – how, I can’t tell you – and I put large question marks around the truth content of her story.”
- Van Persie had something of a reputation for misdemeanours in Holland before making his mark with The Gunners, and Oranje boss Marco van Basten had only recently hailed the youngster’s progression before the serious allegations came to light.
: Van Persie waits on rape charge | Football News
Which Man City player has been arrested
Ex-Man City player Benjamin Mendy acquitted of UK sex offences Published On 14 Jul 2023 14 Jul 2023 A British court has found former Manchester City football player not guilty of one count of rape and one of attempted rape. Mendy, 28, broke down in tears as the verdicts were given by the jury foreman on Friday after a three-week trial at Chester Crown Court in northwest England.
He had stood for the verdicts but sank to his seat, his head on his knees, wiping away tears with a tissue. list of 4 items list 1 of 4 list 2 of 4 list 3 of 4 list 4 of 4 end of list In January, the defender had also been found not guilty of six counts of rape and one count of sexual assault. “Benjamin Mendy would like to thank the members of the jury for focusing on the evidence in this trial, rather than on the rumour and innuendo that have followed this case from the outset,” Mendy’s solicitor said in a statement.
“This is the second time that Mr Mendy has been tried and found not guilty by a jury. He is delighted that both juries reached the correct verdicts.” Mendy had denied the charges and said the incidents were consensual encounters. The jury of six men and six women considered the verdicts for more than three hours.
Mendy joined Manchester City from Ligue 1 side AS Monaco in 2017 for a fee of about $68m. The former France international became subject to a police investigation after 13 women made allegations against him and co-accused Louis Saha Matturie. Mendy last played for Manchester City against Tottenham Hotspur in August 2021 and was suspended by the Premier League club later that month when he was arrested.
Manchester City released him when his contract expired last month. Source: News Agencies : Ex-Man City player Benjamin Mendy acquitted of UK sex offences
Why did the footballer get arrested
Premier League player arrested on suspicion of rape has bail extended to a date in August | Football News The Premier League player, who has not been named, was first arrested in July last year over a rape allegation made by a woman in her 20s; the 30-year-old footballer denies the allegations Tuesday 4 July 2023 13:34, UK
The Premier League footballer arrested on suspicion of rape has had their bail extended to a date in August.The player, who has not been named, was first arrested in July last year over a rape allegation made by a woman in her 20s.While in custody, he was further arrested in relation to the alleged rape of a second woman in April 2021 and June that year.The Metropolitan Police said it would take no further action in relation to the alleged incident in June 2021 because the relevant legislation had not come into effect at the time.In March this year, police said the man had been interviewed in February under caution over an alleged sexual offence said to have been committed in Barnet, north London, in February 2022.This relates to a third complainant and was reported in July 2022, police said.The 30-year-old footballer denies the allegations.
: Premier League player arrested on suspicion of rape has bail extended to a date in August | Football News
Who is the missing Premier League footballer?
Christian Atsu: Body of ex-Newcastle player found following Turkey earthquake
- The body of former Newcastle United footballer Christian Atsu has been found under the rubble of the building where he lived in Turkey, his agent has said.
- Atsu, who had been playing for Turkish Super Lig side Hatayspor, was missing since earthquakes hit Turkey and Syria on February 6.
- The 31-year-old had been misidentified and falsely reported as hospitalised last week.
- A statement from the representative of Atsu, Nana Sechere, said: “It is with the heaviest of hearts that I have to announce to all well-wishers that sadly Christian Atsu’s body was recovered this morning.
- “My deepest condolences go to his family and loved ones.
- “I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their prayers and support.
- “I ask that whilst we make the necessary arrangements, that everyone would please respect the privacy of the family during this very difficult time.”
- Newcastle said they were “profoundly saddened” by the death of Atsu, who was part of the team which won promotion back to the Premier League in 2017.
- “A talented player and a special person, he will always be fondly remembered by our players, staff and supporters,” a statement said.
- A minute’s silence was held at St James’ Park on Saturday night ahead of the Premier League match against Liverpool, in memory of Atsu.
- The Ghanaian became a fan favourite on Tyneside, making 107 appearances between 2016 and 2021 and scoring eight goals.
He moved to Newcastle from Chelsea on a permanent deal for £6.2m in 2017.
- Chelsea said they received the news of Atsu’s death with “enormous sadness”.
- “Chelsea sends our heartfelt condolences to Christian’s family and friends and to all those affected by the earthquake tragedy,” a statement said.
- Former Chelsea club captain John Terry tweeted: “RIP my friend.”
- Atsu also played for Premier League clubs including Bournemouth and Everton.
- His Turkey-based agent, Murat Uzunmehmet, told reporters that Atsu player was found beneath the rubble of his home in southern Turkey.
He said: “Atsu’s lifeless body was found under the rubble. Currently, more items are still being taken out. His phone was also found.” Atsu is survived by wife Marie-Claire Rupio Atsu and their three children. His elder brother and twin sister were present at the recovery of his body. Atsu will now be flown home to be buried in his home country.
- Atsu was scheduled to leave Turkey just hours before the earthquake, having agreed to join a new club in France.
- But he chose to stay after scoring a stoppage-time winner in Hatayspor’s Super Lig match against Kasimpasa on the day of the earthquake.
- Hatayspor manager Fatih Ilek told Turkish radio yesterday: “Atsu wanted to play more and asked for permission from his coach to leave if he wasn’t going to get it.
“He bought a ticket to fly to Istanbul, and from there to France. He was going to look for a club to get more playing time.” Atsu moved to Turkey last September, signing for the Antakya side on a one-year contract. He lived in the southern Turkish city with Hatayspor’s sporting director Taner Savut, who is still missing.
- Atsu also enjoyed a decorated career at international level, making 65 appearances for Ghana and scoring nine times.
- He represented the West African nation at the 2014 World Cup and was named player of the tournament at the 2015 African Cup of Nations, in which Ghana were finalists.
- Atsu first moved to Portugal aged 17 to pursue football, signing for Porto the same year.
- Ghana’s foreign ministry wrote in a statement on Saturday morning: “The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration has received the unfortunate news of the recovery of the body of Christian Atsu from the rubble of his apartment, following the earthquake which struck Turkey on February 6 2023.
- “The elder brother and twin sister of Christian Atsu and an Officer of the Embassy were present at the site when the body was recovered.
- “The Embassy is currently making the necessary arrangements with the assistance of the Government of Turkey to have the body transported to Ghana for burial.”
Tributes have flooded in from across the football world. Istanbul team Galatasaray tweeted its condolences to Atsu’s family. The club wrote: “We are sad to learn that Atakas Hatayspor football player Christian Atsu lost his life in the earthquake that stifled our country. “Our condolences to Christian Atsu’s family, fans and Hatayspor community.”
Which Manchester player was accused of abuse?
United forward Mason Greenwood was suspended by the club while facing charges of attempted rape and assault, which were eventually dropped in February. Despite that, United announced last month that Greenwood would be leaving the club and the player has since joined Spanish team Getafe on loan.
Has a Premier League player been arrested?
A Premier League footballer was arrested on suspicion of rape on July 4, 2022
Published: 01:19 BST, 4 August 2023 | Updated: 01:28 BST, 4 August 2023 A Premier League footballer has been ‘released under investigation’ over the alleged rape of three women following his arrest last summer. The sportsman, who cannot be named for legal reasons, was initially arrested in north London on July 4, 2022 on suspicion of rape and taken into custody.
In the following days, a second allegation of rape was made in relation to an incident in 2021, before a third woman came forward in February 2023. The footballer was interviewed by police under caution over the offence, which is alleged to have taken place in February 2022. The top flight star continued playing last season following multiple bail extensions, with the last one being in July.
A Premier League footballer has been ‘released under investigation’ over the alleged rape of three women following his arrest last summer He reported for his bail conditions earlier this week, but has since been informed he no longer has a specific date to report to police going forward.
As a result, the star will begin a second season ‘under investigation’, with the new campaign set to kick off next weekend. There is no timescale for a decision on this case to be reached. A statement from the Met Police on August 3 read: ‘On 4 July 2022, an allegation of rape of a woman in her 20s was reported to police.
‘It was reported the alleged rape happened in June 2022. On 4 July 2022, a 30-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of rape and taken into custody. The sportsman was initially arrested in north London back on July 4, 2022 (stock image) ‘While in custody, he was further arrested on suspicion of two incidents of rape that were alleged to have been committed in April and June of 2021 against a different woman in her 20s.
- ‘In February 2023, the man was interviewed under caution for a sexual offence alleged to have taken place in Barnet in February 2022.
- This relates to a third victim and was reported to police in July 2022.
- No further action will be taken in relation to the alleged offence in June 2021.
- ‘This has been explained to the complainant who continues to be supported by officers.
The man was bailed until August 2023. He was subsequently released under investigation whilst further enquiries are carried out.’ When contacted by MailOnline in relation to this story, the Met Police said they had no further comment to add.
Which Chelsea player was arrested
CHELSEA STAR ARRESTED | Football News ENGLAND UNDER-21 captain John Terry has been arrested on suspicion of assault and being drunk and disorderly.
The 21-year-old was detained on Friday, along with Wimbledon player Des Byrne, after an incident involving a worker at a club in Knightsbridge, West London.The Metropolitan Police have confirmed that two men have been arrested.Chelsea’s assistant manager Gwyn Williams refused to be drawn on the incident, but confirmed action would be taken if Terry had broken club rules.”We do have a disciplinary policy and if it’s found that he has been out of line he will be disciplined in accordance with that policy.”Terry was in trouble last autumn, when he was forced to publicly apologise, after he and three Chelsea team-mates were fined two weeks’ wages for improper behaviour at a Heathrow hotel.
: CHELSEA STAR ARRESTED | Football News
What footballer was jailed for 17 years?
Ex-Leeds United footballer jailed for 17 years after raping teenage girl and taking pictures of ‘depraved’ attack 1 March 2023, 16:28 | Updated: 1 March 2023, 16:29 Stephen Scholes, 55, has been jailed for 17 years. Picture: Getty
- A former Leeds United footballer has been jailed for 17 years after raping a 17-year-old girl and taking pictures of the attack on his phone.
- Stephen Scholes was found guilty of four counts of rape and four counts of assault by penetration in what was described as a “depraved” attack.
- All eight offences took place at a property in Leeds in January 2020 where Scholes plied his victim with alcohol before raping her, a court was told.
- The teenage girl became “very intoxicated” and “felt sick and disoriented” before Scholes took her back to the Leeds property and told her “the night was not over”.
Former Leeds United player Stephen Scholes. Picture: Police He went on to rape the teenage girl in a “depraved” attack, despite her struggle and “shouting for him to stop”. He then went on to take pictures on his phone as her raped her, The Sun reported.
- Scholes put the victim in another room after the first rape before returning and raping her for a second time, the court was told.
Which footballer was jailed for 5 years?
A former Nigerian footballer, Okafor Emmanuel Junior, who was arrested for trafficking 1.4 kilograms of cocaine, has been convicted and sentenced to five years imprisonment by a Lagos Federal High Court.
What football player was sentenced to jail
Henry Ruggs, former NFL and Alabama football star, sentenced to prison Ruggs spoke briefly at the start of the hearing, accepting responsibility for his actions. Tuskegee University officials confirmed there was a shooting incident at a party on campus.
Auburn University’s aviation program hosted an event for Girls in Aviation Day. The Dutchess Divas & Gents Youth Club held a fundraising event. The second annual Montgomery Smooth Jazz Festival was held at Riverwalk Amphitheater.R.O.S.S. Montgomery hosted its Recovering Out Loud Rally. The Council on Substance Abuse hosted an event to address gun violence and substance abuse.
: Henry Ruggs, former NFL and Alabama football star, sentenced to prison
Who was the worst ever Premier League team?
1) Derby County 2007-8 They were officially relegated on 29 March making them the only club in Premier League history to be relegated in March. They also accumulated the league’s lowest ever points total with 11 at an average of just 0.32 points per game following an astonishing 25 defeats from 34 games.
Who own the highest Premier League?
Most Premier League titles 2023 Basic Account Get to know the platform Starter Account The ideal entry-level account for individual users $189 USD $149 USD / Month * in the first 12 months Professional Account Full access * Prices do not include sales tax. Overview Brand value & sponsorships Broadcasting Records Attendance Further related statistics Learn more about how Statista can support your business. “,”pointFormat”:” • “,”footerFormat”:” “},”plotOptions”:,”shadow”:false,”stacking”:null,”dataLabels”:,”enabled”:true,”zIndex”:3,”rotation”:0}},”pie”:,”format”:” • “}},”line”: “,”useHTML”:false,”crop”:false}},”bar”: “,”useHTML”:false}},”column”: “,”useHTML”:false}},”area”: },”annotations”:,”labelunit”:””},”colors”:,”series”:,”index”:1,”legendIndex”:0}],”navigation”: },”exporting”: }> worldfootball.net. (May 22, 2023). Clubs that have won the most Premier League titles as of 2023, In Statista, Retrieved September 25, 2023, from https://www.statista.com/statistics/383696/premier-league-wins-by-team/ worldfootball.net. “Clubs that have won the most Premier League titles as of 2023.” Chart. May 22, 2023. Statista. Accessed September 25, 2023. https://www.statista.com/statistics/383696/premier-league-wins-by-team/ worldfootball.net. (2023). Clubs that have won the most Premier League titles as of 2023, Statista, Statista Inc. Accessed: September 25, 2023. https://www.statista.com/statistics/383696/premier-league-wins-by-team/ worldfootball.net. “Clubs That Have Won The Most Premier League Titles as of 2023.” Statista, Statista Inc., 22 May 2023, https://www.statista.com/statistics/383696/premier-league-wins-by-team/ worldfootball.net, Clubs that have won the most Premier League titles as of 2023 Statista, https://www.statista.com/statistics/383696/premier-league-wins-by-team/ (last visited September 25, 2023) Clubs that have won the most Premier League titles as of 2023, worldfootball.net, May 22, 2023., Available: https://www.statista.com/statistics/383696/premier-league-wins-by-team/ : Most Premier League titles 2023
What happened to Arsenal player Pepe?
Arsenal’s £72million record signing Nicolas Pepe has been allowed to walk away from the club for nothing, joining Turkish side Trabzonspor having had his contract ripped up. Arsenal came to an agreement to cancel Pepe’s contract so there’s no fee. Some people were saying it was going to potentially be a nominal fee but I was always told that that was unlikely, and the likeliest option was contract termination.
- And given the wages, it was no massive surprise that that’s what ended up happening.
- It’s the sixth or seventh major contract termination Arsenal have done in the last few years.
- Edu’s been on record saying he’d prefer to do that than keep players around who aren’t going to play and that’s what they’ve done with Pepe.
They’ve managed to get a significant salary off the books but then you’d have to factor in that Pepe has walked away with a decent chunk of money as well. He was on about £150,000 a week and it’s not like they’ve just completely saved all of that money.
Why were Arsenal fans arrested
EXTRA: 8 Arsenal fans in Uganda arrested for ‘celebrating win over Man United’
Eight Arsenal fans have been arrested in Jinja, Uganda, for allegedly celebrating the club’s 3-2 win over Manchester United in the (EPL). According to, a Ugandan newspaper, the jubilant fans were arrested on Monday after driving in a convoy of about five vehicles while allegedly celebrating across the city.The contingents were wearing the club’s red jersey and carrying a symbolic trophy.Arsenal scored a last-minute winner to earn a vital win over in-form Manchester United on Sunday.The win maintained Arsenal’s five-point lead at the summit of the EPL table with 50 points from 19 matches.Speaking on the arrest, Baker Kasule, who was part of the group, said they were just celebrating their team’s victory when they were matched to the police station.
“I don’t know what we have done but we were simply celebrating our victory over rivals Manchester United,” Kasule said. However, James Mubi, spokesperson of Kira region Police, said the fans were apprehended for holding a procession without being cleared by security.
- He also claimed the group demonstrated a lack of basic knowledge about the club which cast doubts on their intentions.
- We asked for the name of the Arsenal coach, the number of premier league teams, number of games Arsenal has so far played, number of wins and losses Arsenal have registered this season and the top-four teams but there was no answer,” Mubi was quoted as saying.
“They don’t know anything about Arsenal. That’s why our issue wasn’t about them being Arsenal supporters.” It was gathered that all the arrested fans were after spending the night at the police station. Photo credit: Jacob Odongo Seaman : EXTRA: 8 Arsenal fans in Uganda arrested for ‘celebrating win over Man United’
Who is the guy from Arsenal TV?
History – The channel was created in October 2012 and was founded by former BBC reggae radio host Robbie Lyle; Lyle had worked as a surveyor before quitting his job to work on ArsenalFanTV full-time. He created the channel with his cameraman “Tao” who had also quit his job to pursue a career on YouTube. AFTV film their interviews outside the Emirates Stadium after Arsenal’s home games Their first fan interviews were conducted after Arsenal’s 5–2 win against Tottenham Hotspur, Arsenal’s local rivals, When asked by Vice on why he created the channel, Lyle said that “we’ve all had enough of the so-called pundits, most of whom aren’t even at the games.
So I started my own channel to hear from the real fans, with real opinions. That was my aim with the site”. ArsenalFanTV pioneered the concept of supporter-led TV or “Fan TV”, which has led to other club supporters creating similar channels on YouTube. Since its creation, the channel has continued to provide viewers with fan interviews and content about Arsenal on social media but its rise in the YouTube community occurred as a result of the many viral videos it had posted from fan interviews.
The channel has uploaded several videos of angry rants from supporters directed at the club’s ownership, some of which include Chris Hudson’s rant after the loss to Aston Villa in 2013 and Troopz in 2017 following Arsenal’s 5–1 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League,
Much of the anger from supporters on the channel was directed towards former manager Arsène Wenger, who many believed should have resigned following his long tenure at the football club, especially during the 2016–17 season in which there was a divide among Arsenal fans, with a minority being “Wenger In” and a majority being “Wenger Out”.
There has also been criticism towards major shareholder Stan Kroenke who many Arsenal fans believe should sell his shares to the next major shareholder Alisher Usmanov following claims of his lack of desire towards the club and comments made by Kroenke himself stating that he “didn’t buy Arsenal stakes to win trophies”.
This was referenced on BT Sport by the former England international Rio Ferdinand when he mentioned the frustration of Arsenal supporters with Wenger on ArsenalFanTV in 2016. On 20 April 2018, Channel 4 premiered a new late-night football show called The Real Football Fan Show hosted by Lyle and featuring many ArsenalFanTV regulars.
In March 2020, Lyle was also the subject of an ITV documentary entitled Robbie Lyle: Football Fans Under Their Skin in which he discusses racism within football and the experiences of black football supporters.