- 1 Who plays Max in Coronation Street and how old is he
- 2 Why did they change the actor for Max in Coronation Street
- 3 How many actors have played Max in Coronation Street
- 4 Why is Max Turner leaving Coronation Street
- 5 Does Max in Corrie have autism
- 6 What happened to Max in Coronation
- 7 What happened to the boy who played Max in Coronation Street
Who plays Max in Coronation Street and how old is he
Soap recast – Max Turner was originally played by Harry McDermott
- Max Turner has been played by two separate actors on Coronation Street, with Harry McDermott taking on the role in 2010.
- Harry was involved in some huge storylines for the character, including the deaths of his parents Callum Logan and Kylie Platt in separate incidents.
- However after 10 years of playing the role, Harry left in 2020 as soap bosses planned for the character to take on more mature storylines.
- A spokesperson for Coronation Street said: “We have all watched Harry grow up alongside Max Turner for the past 11 years and we want to thank him for everything he has brought to the character.
- “It is always a difficult decision to recast a role and we look forward to following Harry’s career as he continues with his acting studies and explores other opportunities.
- “We wish him every success for the future.”
- Since then, Max has been played by Paddy Beaver, who despite playing a teenager is actually 20 years old in real life.
Paddy Beaver took over the role of Max Turner in 2021 (Image: ITV) Paddy also revealed to the Manchester Evening News that he won the role while taking his A-Level exams. “I had an A-level the next day so I made the decision not to revise for the A-level and focus on the tape,” said Paddy.
“I then didn’t hear anything for a month so I presumed I hadn’t got it and then I got called for a screen test which was so exciting. I was so nervous but when I got there it just struck me that everyone was so lovely. I did my screen test with Jack Shepherd then a week later I found out I’d got the role which was amazing.
“I also somehow got an A in the A-level I didn’t revise for so it all worked out ok in the end!” Since then, Paddy’s portrayal of Max has seen him taking on a number of hard-hitting storylines, with the character’s recent arrest set to bring more drama to the cobbles.
Why did they change the actor for Max in Coronation Street
Coronation Street’s Max Turner recast explained as Paddy Bever marks milestone
- Since Max Turner was first introduced in all the way back in 2010, the plucky young son of Kylie and David Platt has been at the heart of a number of high profile storylines over the years.
- Growing up in foster care, Max had struggled with a far from conventional life, with his own mother having even previously sold him to his aunt Becky McDonald for £20,000.
- Living or a time with Becky and her then partner, Steve McDonald, Max was later returned to his mother Kylie after she turned her life around and became the kind of mother he so desperately needed.
Max Turner was first played by Harry McDermott, who held the role for ten years! (Image: ITV)
- With the help of husband David, Kylie proceeded to raise Max, with David becoming the only father he had ever known.
- Although not bound by blood, there was a clear protectiveness of the youngster in place, something which has continued throughout his time on the soap, even long after Kylie herself had sadly died on screen.
- For the first ten years of his time on the soap, Max was played by Harry McDermott who held the role since Max’s introduction in 2010, all the way through to Harry’s departure in 2020, when Max was temporarily written out of the soap.
- During his tenure in the role, Max’s storylines included being diagnosed with ADHD and of course, the return of his biological father Callum, who even made a valiant attempt at securing custody of his son.
During his time on the show, Harry tackled a number of storylines including reconnecting with his dad Callum and being diagnosed with ADHD Although Harry was a much loved member of the Corrie cast, the decision was made to recast the role after producers decided they wanted to take Max in a more mature direction, with a number of hard hitting storylines following, which included a harrowing extremist storyline.
In an official statement from ITV at the time, the show said: “We have all watched Harry grow up alongside Max Turner for the past 11 years and we want to thank him for everything he has brought to the character. “It is always a difficult decision to recast a role and we look forward to following Harry’s career as he continues with his acting studies and explores other opportunities.
We wish him every success for the future.” Since 2021 however, the role has been held by Paddy Beaver
- 9 months after Harry’s departure from the soap, Max was reintroduced to viewers, this time played by Paddy Bever, who had actually auditioned for the role while in the middle of his A-level exams.
- Impressed by his audition, show bosses decided to give Paddy a chance, with views widely praising his performance on screen and his commitment to continuing in the role Harry had already laid the groundwork for.
- In fact, viewers at home were so impressed with Paddy’s performance, he even won the Rising Star award at the in October 2022!
: Coronation Street’s Max Turner recast explained as Paddy Bever marks milestone
How many actors have played Max in Coronation Street
Soap Recast – Paddy continued the role after its originator, Harry McDermott, stepped down in 2020 (Image: ITV) Max Turner has been played by two separate actors on Coronation Street, with Harry McDermott taking on the role in 2010. Harry was involved in some huge storylines for the character, including the deaths of his parents Callum Logan and Kylie Platt in separate incidents.
However, after 10 years of playing the role, Harry left in 2020 as soap bosses planned for the character to take on more mature storylines. A spokesperson for Coronation Street said: “We have all watched Harry grow up alongside Max Turner for the past 11 years and we want to thank him for everything he has brought to the character.
“It is always a difficult decision to recast a role and we look forward to following Harry’s career as he continues with his acting studies and explores other opportunities. We wish him every success for the future.” Since then, Max has been played by Paddy Beaver, who despite playing a teenager is actually 20 years old in real life.
Paddy also revealed to the Manchester Evening News that he won the role while taking his A-Level exams. He said: “I had an A-level the next day so I made the decision not to revise for the A-level and focus on the tape. I then didn’t hear anything for a month so I presumed I hadn’t got it and then I got called for a screen test which was so exciting.
“I was so nervous but when I got there it just struck me that everyone was so lovely. I did my screen test with Jack Shepherd then a week later I found out I’d got the role which was amazing. “I also somehow got an A in the A-level I didn’t revise for so it all worked out ok in the end!” Since then, Paddy’s portrayal of Max has seen him taking on a number of hard-hitting storylines, with the character’s recent arrest set to bring more drama to the cobbles, the Daily Star reported.
Why is Max Turner leaving Coronation Street
It’s not looking good for Max Turner on Coronation Street as he’s been arrested for incitement for attempted murder. In recent scenes, officers showed up at Max’s (Paddy Bever) door after his former bully Blake (Adam Little) stabbed Alya Nazir (Sair Khan).
Blake insisted that Max’s videos were the reason he went on a violent rampage at Speed Daal, with the police believing there was enough evidence to charge Max with the crime. Despite the teen’s claims that he’s not a racist and that he only edited those videos as a warning to people, he could be looking at a lengthy prison sentence.
Will Max be sentenced? And if he is sent to prison, would this mean viewers won’t get to see him on Corrie? His fate remains unclear, though producer Iain MacLeod suggests that Max will have a proper redemption arc this year. If you are concerned that someone you know might be being radicalised, you are not alone.
There is advice and support available via www.actearly.uk, If you’ve seen or heard something that could potentially be related to terrorism, trust your instincts and report it. Your actions could save lives. Report via www.gov.uk/ACT or call 0800 789 321.
Coronation Street star teases character’s “instant rivalry” with Jenny Coronation Street’s Jack James Ryan teases possible Jacob return story
Visit our dedicated Coronation Street page for all the latest news, interviews and spoilers. If you’re looking for more to watch, check out our TV Guide and Streaming Guide or visit our Soaps hub. Try Radio Times magazine today and get 12 issues for only £1 with delivery to your home – subscribe now, For more from the biggest stars in TV, listen to the Radio Times View From My Sofa podcast,
Does Max in Corrie have autism
Max Turner is the legal son of Kylie and David Platt and the half-brother of Lily and Harry Platt, Growing up in foster care, Max was returned to his mother when Kylie regained custody of him in 2011, after a period spent living at the Rovers with his aunt Becky McDonald when Kylie sold him to her and Steve for £20,000.
- Ylie managed to turn her life around and become a responsible parent, with her husband David Platt becoming the only dad Max knew.
- Max’s biological father Callum Logan returned to the scene in 2014 and fought for custody of his son.
- Max was at first receptive, but became fearful of Callum after witnessing him and some heavies beating up Jason Grimshaw,
Callum died shortly thereafter, but David has allowed Max’s paternal grandmother Marion to see her grandson. Since Kylie’s murder by Clayton Hibbs in 2016, Max and Lily have been raised by David and his second wife Shona, Once a well-behaved child, more recently a smear campaign against teacher Daniel Osbourne at Weatherfield High ended in his expulsion.
What happened to Max in Coronation
Coronation Street spoilers follow. Coronation Street ‘s Max Turner will be left angry after he makes a discovery about David Platt that makes him feel his confidence has been betrayed. Max (Paddy Bever) is still serving his sentence at the Secure Training Centre after being sentenced to six months in February for encouraging terrorism, after he made racist videos following his indoctrination by Griff’s right-wing gang, ITV Related: Corrie ‘s Amy receives threat in Aaron storyline When a fight broke out among some of the students, Max seized the opportunity to swipe Daniel’s phone, before putting it to a surprising use – as he recorded an honest video message for Daniel, explaining just how much he is struggling at the moment.
When David caught Daniel watching the emotional video in The Rovers, Daniel urged David not to tell Max that he had also seen the clip, expressing his worry that Max would feel that Daniel had betrayed his confidence by sharing the message. However, in scenes airing next week, David will give the game away when he visits Max at the STC and begins to quiz him closely about his mental state.
It doesn’t take long for Max to realise that David has been talking to Daniel and, when David admits that he has seen Max’s emotional video, Max is absolutely furious. ITV Related: Corrie tensions as Linda Hancock makes return Back at No.8, David confides in Daniel that he is really concerned for Max, which gives Daniel an idea. Heading back to the STC, Daniel hands his phone over to Max and tells him that there is a message on it from David for him. ITV Related: Corrie reveals who caught out Sarah affair Max actor Paddy Bever recently explained that Max is at “the lowest point” that we have seen him at the moment, which is why he decided to open up to Daniel. “Max hasn’t had a happy life and at the moment he is sitting in a cell, with nothing to do, and he is thinking about everything that he has done wrong and what has happened to him in his life,” he said.
What happened to the boy who played Max in Coronation Street
14 October 2022, 15:23 Paddy Beaver plays Max in Coronation Street. Picture: Instagram How old is Paddy Bever and what else has he been in? Here’s what we know about the Coronation Street star. Coronation Street fans will know Paddy Bever for playing Max Turner since 2021. The young actor plays the orphaned son of Kylie Platt and Callum Logan and has been part of some huge storylines over the past year.
Listen on Global Player: Back Then When. Join Keith Lemon and Lucie Cave for a trip down pop and TV memory lane in their new podcast
He might be new to the industry, but Paddy recently won the Rising Star prize at the 2022 National Television Awards. As his name was announced, Paddy looked stunned as he ran to the stage to collect his award while being cheered on by his co-stars.
Inside Coronation Street star Jodie Prenger’s life away from Glenda Shuttleworth character Inside Coronation Street star Joe Frost’s life as character Leo Thompkins is killed
Paddy Bever won an award at the NTAs. Picture: ITV But who is Paddy and what else has he been in? Here’s what we know
Why is Max not in Coronation Street?
Max’s return was never going to be easy (Pictures: ITV) Max Turner ( Paddy Bever ) has barely been back in Coronation Street for five minutes and already he’s had the police knocking on the Platt’s door in Wednesday’s (June 7) episode. The teen is back on the cobbles after spending time in an STC.
Max was behind bars due to his involvement in Griff’s (Michael Condron) extremism gang. The storyline included Max making propaganda videos for the group’s social media, finding a bomb in the Speed Daal van and Alya (Sair Khan) ending up in hospital after being stabbed. Prior to his departure from the centre, Max admitted to David (Jack P Shepherd) that he’s terrified about going home due to all of the awful things he had done.
- It’s teenage nature to feel that you’re in control and I think with Max we’ve now seen those moments where he’s suddenly realised that he’s quite a vulnerable person.
- When he comes out, he knows he’s going to be singled out, he’s on his own and he’s there to be made an example of, particularly by Alya.
‘He apologises to Alya in a letter and although he feels that his intentions are pure there’s a lot of shame in that. Also with his family, to be someone that they’re ashamed of is beyond humiliating, it’s devastating for Max.’ MORE : Coronation Street: Who is Daisy actor Charlotte Jordan’s boyfriend? MORE : Coronation Street legend Julie Goodyear diagnosed with dementia
What is the real age of Max in Coronation Street?
Even though he is playing the part of a teenager for Coronation Street, Paddy actually recently turned 20 in real life.
Is there a new boy playing Max in Corrie?
His character is currently behind bars but when he does return to the cobbles, Max Turner will be sporting a very different look. Coronation Street star Paddy Bever, who has played the step-son of David Platt since taking over the role 2021, took to Instagram to show off his transformation as he currently spends less time on screen.
Last month, viewers of the ITV soap watched as the teen pleaded guilty to encouraging terrorism. In horror scenes aired in January, fans saw fellow teen Blake appear intent on causing damage as he live-streamed his visit to Maria Connor’s refugee drop-in which was being held in Alya Nazir’s restaurant which she runs with her gran, Yasmeen.
It came after both Maria and Alya become the target of an extremist group led by eco-warrior Griff Reynolds and his racist gang who groomed troubled Max. And upon seeing the videos Max helped create for the terrifying gang, Blake decided to pull his own horrifying stunt.
Max tried to stop him after seeing his live video but it was too late and Blake launched towards Maria before Alya saved her life. READ MORE: Gemma Atkinson shares first scan picture of baby son as she makes observation and is praised by fans for ‘candid’ outlook He has since faced the consequences to his alliance with Griff after the racist eco-warrior was himself arrested for his terrible crimes with the help of undercover cop Spider Nugent.
But back to Max and he hasn’t been seen on-screen as much since he finally agreed to a visit from his family at the end of last month. After being beaten by his fellow inmates. He was then moved and soon appeared in one of Daniel Osbourne’s classes. Upon seeing a broken Max, the teacher reached out to Alya and asked if she’d consider meeting with Max.
- Still struggling with the mental impact of what happened to her, Alya refused but after speaking to former flame Ryan Connor, she decided to pay a visit to Max at the STC.
- Max tried to explain everything to Alya, telling her how his life was a mess.
- But Alya wasn’t sympathetic and let him know just how the attack made her feel and how he was no different to Griff.
After her visit, Max was seen making a phone call to a surprised David, asking if he’d go see him with both step-mum Shona and younger sister, Lily, which they all did. While he appears less in the soap, for now, Max actor Paddy has decided to go for the chop and has shaved off his long blonde locks in a surprise transformation.
Sharing a look at his new appearance on Instagram, the soap star wrote: “@gillywalshy buzzed me,” referring to Corrie’s hair and make-up designer Gillian Walsh who appears responsible for his new do. On-screen step-dad Jack P Shepherd was among the first to respond to the post, cheekily commenting: ” Previously on prison break ” While fellow Corrie star Ellie Leach simply typed: “H ot.” Former co-star Cait Fitton, who starred briefly as Lauren earlier this year, added: ” Obsessed! Check youuuu.” And fans were also surprised by the change.
@lynndavis1953 wrote: “You do look different but it suits you.” @lidgavi asked: “How do you look even younger with a buzz cut?” @lazenbyjames93 posted: “Ohhh no whyyyyy.” @psychictracey said: ” Wow what a difference.” @lesleywagner commented: “Didn’t recognize you, looking very handsome though I must say.” @poncholaperle replied: “Wow Paddy you look so different!! And hell you look great either way.
Rylan tries out a new ‘natural’ look as he ditches the dye and fans agree it suits him Only Fans star Rhian Sugden shares reality of Mother’s Day for an ‘IVF warrior’ after fertility struggle Alison Hammond told she looks so much like her late mum as she pays a touching tribute on Mother’s Day Molly-Mae shares heartfelt promise to daughter Bambi on her first Mother’s Day Gorka Marquez makes fans cry with sweet message to fiancee Gemma Atkinson on Mother’s Day
Story Saved You can find this story in My Bookmarks. Or by navigating to the user icon in the top right.