Who was unmasked on April 5 2023
The Masked Singer REVEALS the Doll’s Celebrity Identity! Movie Night on The Masked Singer brought curtains for a heavy metal legend. The April 5 episode of the celebrity singing competition honored 100 years of Warner Bros. movies with a cinema-themed extravaganza.
First, The Doll — who advanced after debuting in the March 29 episode —sang Elvis Presley ‘s “Jailhouse Rock” from the movie of the same name. The giant creature also unveiled two new clues as to their identity: a lollipop in the shape of a heart and a guitar case emblazoned with the words “King Status.” Up next, Dandelion made her Masked Singer debut with a performance of “Under the Rainbow” by Judy Garland from The Wizard of Oz,
Her clue package included a zombie, a piano, a tornado and references to Madonna, Flea and Elton John, After the rendition, a final clue was presented: ruby slippers with the word “billboards” attached.” Last, but not least, The Mantis hit the stage for his debut performance.
The mystery man sang Bob Seger ‘s “Old Time Rock and Roll”—which was made famous by Tom Cruise ‘s underwear dance scene in Risky Business. The accompanying clue package featured a guitar, a skull, poker chips, cowboy boots and the knowledge that Mantis “almost won an Emmy.” The bug’s final clue was a pair of sunglasses with the words “true story” attached.
After the initial vote, The Doll was unmasked as Twisted Sister front man Dee Snider, The panelists— Robin Thicke, Ken Jeong, Jenny McCarthy and Nicole Scherzinger —were stunned when Dee removed his headpiece, with Jenny saying, “I’ve guessed him so many times on this show!” The Doll’s elimination left Dandelion and The Mantis left to go head-to-head in the Battle Royale, set to “(I’ve Got a) Golden Ticket” from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory,
- Michael Becker / FOX; Gabe Ginsberg/Getty Images Dandelion emerged victorious, but the panelists were so wowed by both performances that Robin rang the season’s final Ding Dong Keep It On Bell, allowing The Mantis to remain in the competition, as well.
- Find out if their journeys continue when The Masked Singer airs Wednesdays at 8 p.m.
on Fox. For a breakdown of all of this season’s contestants, keep scrolling. Michael Becker/FOX Gnome/Dick Van Dyke Gnome performed Billie Holiday ‘s “When You’re Smiling” on the Feb.15 episode, but was sadly the first celeb unmasked. He was revealed to be 97-year-old icon Dick Van Dyke,
Michael Becker/FOX Mustang/Sara Evans On the Feb.15 episode, Mustang belted out Whitesnake ‘s “Here I Go Again” after a clue package that included a soap bucket, barbells, a reference to Elvis and the fact that the celeb has “almost died more times than I can count.” After falling to Medusa in the Battle Royale, Mustang was unmasked as country singer Sara Evans,
Michael Becker/FOX, Stefanie Keenan/Getty Images Rock Lobster/Howie Mandel Rock Lobster debuted on the Feb.22 episode with a performance of ABBA ‘s “SOS.” His clues included a plushy monster toy, a gavel and the knowledge that he had a history in movies and TV.
After the initial studio audience vote, Rock Lobster was unmasked as Howie Mandel, Michael Becker/FOX, Phillip Faraone/Getty Images Night Owl/Debbie Gibson Night Owl debuted on the Feb.22 episode with a rendition of ABBA ‘s “Fernando.” Her clue package included an hourglass, Long Island iced teas, a snake and the claim that she helped pave the way for singers like Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera and Nicole Scherzinger,
After falling to Medusa in the Battle Royale, Night Owl was unmasked as pop star Debbie Gibson, Michael Becker / FOX / Getty Images Polar Bear/Grandmaster Flash On the March 1 episode, Polar Bear made his debut with a performance of Blondie ‘s “Rapture.” His clue package included flowers, a scratch-off lottery ticket, a punching bag and a reference to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.
- Polar Bear was unmasked as hip-hop pioneer and Rock & Rock Hall of Fame member Grandmaster Flash,
- FOX / Getty Images Wolf/Michael Bolton After a March 8 performance of The Doors ‘ “Break on Through” and a clue package including a saxophone, a clock, a ship and references to Andy Garcia, Lady Gaga, Jay-Z and Andy Samberg, Wolf was unmasked as “When A Man Loves a Woman” singer Michael Bolton,
Getty Images, Michael Becker / FOX Squirrel/Malin Akerman Squirrel made her first appearance on the March 8 episode, performing a rendition of “Try” by Pink, Her clue package included meatballs, a gorilla, a castle and the knowledge that she once made out with Tom Cruise,
On the March 15 episode, a wedding dress was unveiled as a new clue before a performance of “Just the Two of Us” by Grover Washington Jr. and Bill Withers, After the first round of voting, Squirrel was unmasked as 27 Dresses and Billions star Malin Akerman, Getty Images, Michael Becker / FOX Jackalope/Lele Pons Jackalope made her debut on the March 15 episode with a performance of “Whenever, Wherever” by Shakira,
Her clue package included references to social media, a necklace with the letter “G” and the Ghostface mask from Scream, After falling to The Fairy in the Battle Royale, Jackalope was unmasked as YouTube star, actress and singer Lele Pons, Michael Becker / FOX; Shutterstock Axolotl/Alexa Bliss Axolotl debuted on the March 22 episode with a performance of LeAnn Rimes ‘ “Can’t Fight the Moonlight.
- Her clue package included pom poms, a raw steak, a ring bell and an engagement ring with a musical note on it.
- She was revealed to be WWE superstar Alexa Bliss,
- Michael Becker / FOX; Getty Images Fairy/Holly Robinson Peete The Fairy made her debut on the March 15 episode with a rendition of “You’re No Good” by Linda Ronstadt,
Her clue package featured a black panther, a basketball, a rubber duck, a police badge and references to “friends” Sean Penn, Rob Lowe and Emilio Estevez, On the March 22 episode, Fairy sang Bonnie Raitt ‘s “Angel From Montgomery” and unveiled a new clue: a blackjack hand of 21.
After falling to Macaw in the Battle Royale, Fairy was unmasked as Holly Robinson Peete, Getty Images; Fox Moose/George Wendt Moose debuted on the March 29 episode with a performance of “The Power of Love” by Huey Lewis and the News, His clue packaged featured a beer glass, hot dogs, a letterman jacket and a stuffed animal bear.
He was unmasked as Cheers star George Wendt, Getty Images; Fox Scorpio/Christine Quinn On the March 29 episode, Scorpio debuted with a performance of “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper, Scorpio’s clue package included sporting equipment, a picture of a beautiful house and a red dress.
- She was later unmasked as Selling Sunset star Christine Quinn,
- Michael Becker / FOX; Gabe Ginsberg/Getty Images Doll/Dee Snider The Doll made his debut on the March 29 episode with a performance of “Don’t You (Forget About Me)” by Simple Minds,
- His clue package included hairspray, a playbill and a dollhouse filled with animals.
On the April 5 episode, The Doll returned with a performance of “Jailhouse Rock” by Elvis Presley, He presented two new clues: a lollipop in the shape of a heart and a guitar case with the words “King Status” written on it. The Doll was unmasked as Twisted Sister front man Dee Snider,
FOX; Getty Images Dandelion/Alicia Witt Dandelion debuted on the April 5 episode with a performance of “Over the Rainbow” by Judy Garland. Her clue package included a zombie, a piano, a tornado and references to Madonna, Flea and Elton John, On the April 12 episode, Dandelion sang “Starlight” by Muse and revealed two new clues: a Santa hat with a laughing emoji and the words “space star.” She was later unmasked as The Walking Dead and Friday Night Lights actress Alicia Witt,
FOX; Getty Images Lamp/Melissa Joan Hart The Lamp debuted on the April 12 episode with a performance of “Venus” by Bananarama. Her clue package included an energy drink, a yearbook and references to Ryan Reynolds, Mario Lopez and James Van Der Beek,
She was unmasked as Clarissa Explains It All and Sabrina, the Teenage Witch star Melissa Joan Hart, Michael Becker / FOX California Roll The five-person California Roll made their debut on the March 1 episode with a performance of Lady Gaga ‘s “Paparazzi.” Their clue package included sunglasses, a tiger, ice cream cones and references to Snoop Dogg and Dolly Parton,
After defeating Medusa in the Battle Royale, California Roll advanced to the quarterfinals. Michael Becker / FOX Medusa Medusa sang Billie Eilish ‘s “Happier Than Ever” on the Feb.15 premiere episode after a clue package that included a picture of Buckingham Palace, a reference to the Super Bowl and the fact that Medusa has “been here before.” She defeated Mustang in the Battle Royale set to “Diamonds” by Rihanna,
- On the Feb.22 episode, Medusa sang ABBA’s “Dancing Queen” and unveiled a new clue revealing a connection to Coldplay ‘s Chris Martin,
- Plus, a bonus clue was brought to the stage after her performance courtesy of Bachelor star Nick Viall : a plane ticket to Tokyo from 1996.
- During the March 1 episode, Medusa performed Frank Sinatra ‘s “New York, New York.” Her new clues were a Scottish Terrier and a glittery bridge.
Despite falling to California Roll in the Battle Royale, the judges rang the Ding Dong Keep It On Bell to save Medusa and send her to the quarterfinals. Michael Becker/FOX Gargoyle Debuting on the March 8 episode, Gargoyle performed Charlie Puth ‘s “One Call Away” with a clue package featuring a jukebox, an “I Love LA” sticker, a video game controller, hot sauce and a credit card.
Though he was knocked out of the Battle Royale by Squirrel, Gargoyle lived to see a day after the panel rang the Ding Dong Keep It On Bell. Michael Becker/FOX Macaw Macaw debuted on the March 22 episode with a performance of “Live Like You Were Dying” by Tim McGraw, His clue package included quesadillas, a jar of salsa, dolphins and the knowledge that Macaw has a history of panic attacks.
Michael Becker / FOX Mantis Mantis hit the stage for his debut performance on the April 5 episode with a rendition of “(I’ve Got a) Golden Ticket” by Jack Albertson and Peter Ostrum from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, His clue package included a guitar, a skull, poker chips, cowboy boots and the knowledge that Mantis “almost won an Emmy.” FOX UFO UFO debuted on the April 12 episode with a rendition of Coldplay ‘s “Yellow.” Her clue package included a reference to New England, the Golden Gate Bridge, a cemetery, a sewing machine and Queen Victoria,
Who is lollipop in The Masked Singer
Holly Rey hits the sweet spot as Lollipop named the winner of The Masked Singer South Africa | Life Lollipop with the Golden Mask trophy and The Masked Singer South Africa host Mpho Popps.
- Award-winning musician Holly Rey was unmasked as Lollipop and took home the coveted Golden Mask trophy in The Masked Singer South Africa finale.
- Other local celebs unmasked in the finale were runners-up Kurt Darren, Maps Maponyane and Abdul Khoza.
- Zikhona Sodlaka, Jason Goliath, Shekhinah, Makhadzi, Zozibini Tunzi, Devi Sankaree Govender, Mmusi Maimane, David Kay, Bongani Bingwa, Doctor Khumalo, Victor Matfield and The Lazy Makoti were also unmasked during the show’s first season.
Award-winning musician Holly Rey looked back on her journey in the first season of after taking home the coveted Golden Mask trophy. Rey took home the trophy after being named the show’s inaugural winner in its spectacular finale Saturday evening. “I had the time of my life doing this,” she wrote in the caption to a photo of her standing alongside her Lollipop costume. Lollipop and Rhino on stage during The Masked Singer South Africa finale Photo: Supplied This was after the extended episode kicked off with the four remaining celeb contestants facing off to secure their spots in the smackdown. Lollipop eliminated Lion, and Rhino chopped down Tree.
- Lion was unmasked as award-winning actor Abdul Khoza, while Tree was unmasked as multifaceted entertainer Maps Maponyane.
- What an experience,” Maponyane wrote on social media.
- Definitely one I’ll never forget.” “I’m glad I don’t have to hang onto this secret anymore.
- It was so hard lying to/ignoring people (including family and friends) who constantly asked if I was the three and pretending I had no idea what they were talking about,” he continued.
“Thank you to everyone who watched and for all the love you showed Tree.”
- “Getting to do all of that in front of an audience while having fun and surprising myself in the process definitely felt like I was living out one of my childhood dreams.”
- SEE THE POST
- After securing a spot as first runner-up, Rhino was unmasked as Kaptien hitmaker Kurt Darren.
“The Masked Singer SA finale was awesome,” he wrote on social media with snaps from the exclusive wrap party, held in Johannesburg on Saturday. “It was great to spend time with SA’s boyfriend @mmaponyane; I’ll take him on in a round of golf soon. winner is the biggest overachiever ever!!” SEE THE POST Singing Lollipop’s praises as he guessed it was Rey behind the costume, detective Somizi Mhlongo said: “Lollipop was born to be a record-holder.
- What to Watch
- Our TV and film editor curates a list of films and series for you to watch every week.
We live in a world where facts and fiction get blurred In times of uncertainty you need journalism you can trust. For 14 free days, you can have access to a world of in-depth analyses, investigative journalism, top opinions and a range of features. Journalism strengthens democracy.
Is Amber Riley on masked singer?
The Masked Singer reveals winner Harp is Amber Riley | EW.com.
Who won The Masked Singer 20223
After eight weeks of singing and bizarre costumes, The Masked Singer came to an end this weekend with the 2023 champ crowned. Following a double performance, Rhino was announced as this year’s winner and revealed to be none other than Busted’s Charlie Simpson.
Who won The Masked Singer in 2023 crossword?
Who won The Masked Singer 2023? – In the end, Rhino was crowned the winner of the 2023 series of The Masked Singer – and the mystery performer’s identity was revealed to be the Busted frontman Charlie Simpson, The singer, 37, who also fronted the harder rock band Fightstar, admitted he did not expect to win the show and just tried to “remember the lyrics and have fun”. Lee Mack joined the usual judging line-up for the final (Photo: ITV) Jonathan Ross thought it could have been singer James Arthur, while guest judge Lee Mack opted for George Ezra. Simpson was the first to perform solo on the night, delivering a powerful rendition of “Before You Go” by Lewis Capaldi while dressed as a cowboy.
- Ora said Rhino had her “favourite voice in the whole wide world” before guessing it could be Simpson behind the mask.
- Former contestant Harlequin, who was previously revealed as singer-songwriter Gabrielle, also returned to sing “Beneath Your Beautiful” by Labrinth alongside Rhino, and she also guessed that it was Arthur.
After his reveal, the singer admitted that his bandmates in Busted and Fightstar all guessed it was him behind the mask “within the first two seconds of hearing Rhino sing”. Simpson, who has two children with his wife Anna Barnard, revealed he decided to do the show for his family, saying: “I thought it would be something that my kids would love to watch and also it looked like a really fun show to do.”
Who is watermelon on masked singer?
Devi Sankaree Govender, a renowned investigative journalist, was revealed as ‘Watermelon’ on The Masked Singer South Africa on Saturday. – South Africans know award-winning journalist Devi Sankaree Govender for her hardhitting investigative work, keeping TV viewers engaged with thrilling undercover operations.
Who is sunflower masked singer
Limpopo-born singing star Makhadzi is the latest contestant to be unmasked on The Masked Singer South Africa. Sunflower has entertained audiences for weeks on The Masked Singer South Africa with her amazing vocals – but on Saturday her time on the show finally came to an end.
Celebrity chef Mogau Seshoene best known as The Lazy Makoti is Zebra Soccer legend Doctor Khumalo as Soccer Ball Former Springbok Victor Matfield Comedian David Kau as Hippo Bongani Bingwa as Banana Mmusi Maimane as Warrior Investigative journalist Devi Sankaree Govender as Watermelon Former Miss Universe Zozibini Tunzi as Robot
WHO IS STILL LEFT? Tree, Elephant, Doughnut, Lollipop, Rhino, Fox, and Lion are all left in the running heading to the finale on 26 August. Join in on the action and excitement as the finale approaches. Tune in to SABC 3 on Saturdays at 6.30pm and SABC 1 at 8pm. Copyright : Source :