- 1 Why did X Factor end
- 2 Does Simon Cowell sing
- 3 Did Simon Cowell turn down take that
- 4 How much money has Olly Murs got
Why did X Factor end
Is X Factor coming back? Why did Simon Cowell cancel the show? Virgin Radio 29 Jul 2023, 09:51
- When will the award-winning singing competition return to our screens?
- Whether you love it or hate it, we have X Factor to thank for adored artists like Harry Styles, and famous TV personalities including and,
- Between 2004 and 2018, the programme allowed aspiring musicians the opportunity to present their singing talents to industry professionals.
- In doing so, the show also provided us with some of the funniest moments in British TV history when the auditions did not go to plan.
- X Factor ended in 2018 after its 15th season because viewing figures were falling at a rapid rate.
The figures peaked in 2010 when 19.4 million people watched the finale of series seven, yet by 2018 they had dropped to an average of 4.3 million.
- Just two years later, the show’s creator Simon Cowell told The Sun: “The funny thing is that when young people approach me on the street, all they want to know is when X Factor is coming back.”
- Cowell believes that the viewing figures decreased because most people were only watching clips of the show online.
- “When we stopped the show, I genuinely thought there was no need for it – that everyone would be signed from YouTube.
- “But there are so many people wanting to be signed that we could use that extra platform.”
- Although the return of X Factor has not yet been confirmed, the 63-year-old revealed it will “more likely than not” be back on our screens in 2024.
- He reflected: “I would only do it again if we could go back to where the show started – if we could find some great people and create those TV moments that live forever.
- “There would have to be a genuine opportunity to make it how it was in the early years, and I would only do it with someone who was genuinely enthusiastic about it.”
- In his time away from X Factor, Cowell has starred as a judge on America’s Got Talent, and in 2022, he developed a called StemDrop, to help up-and-coming musicians gain recognition.
- In an interview with PA News Agency, the producer explained: “Essentially, you’re going to be co-writing potentially your first single with some of the biggest songwriters in the world.
- “In the real world, no one really has a chance of getting in the studio with a team like this unless you’ve had about 10 hit records.”
- Cowell also praised the social media platform for its involvement in the music industry, especially at a time when it is “so competitive”.
- He shared: “That’s what I love about what TikTok has done – it’s enabled people to get in front of a record label where they normally wouldn’t.”
: Is X Factor coming back? Why did Simon Cowell cancel the show?
When did X Factor last air?
Simon Cowell says he’d rather ‘jump off a cliff’ than go on a game show
has claimed that he would “jump off a cliff” if he started going on game shows after came to an end. The X Factor aired its last series in 2018, but was,In an interview with, series judge and TV personality Cowell opened up about the toll that the series had taken on his personal life. According to Cowell, he had been,
Asked about his plans now that The X Factor has finished for good, Cowell said: “I have ideas. I’d like to do more mentoring because I get frustrated with people bringing me the same thing. There’s a lot of creativity in the world right now, it’s like everyone is auditioning, and if I can do something to help then I get a buzz out of that.
- We just need to get rid of the formats and rules – and being in one country.
- We don’t have to be boxed in, with projects like this we can make music globally.
- While The X Factor has ended, the possibility of a comeback has remained in the air, with a new US revival rumoured to be in the offing.
- Cowell went on to say that he is “not desperate to be on TV”, and would “only do it if there was a purpose to it”.
“If X Factor doesn’t come back, I won’t be looking for other shows to appear on. I don’t want to be just a TV personality,” he continued. “The idea of The X Factor not being on so I go on a game show . . . I think I’d jump off a cliff. I genuinely can’t think of anything worse.” “If you were to ask me now which is more important, my career or my family, then I’d say family, 100 per cent.
Has Xfactor been axed?
ITV have confirmed that The X Factor has been axed after 17 years. Simon Cowell said today that there are “no current plans” to air another series of the show, which launched the careers of Little Mix, One Direction and Olly Murs. The programme was known for its dramatic auditions as much as the live performances, and was once a mainstay of Saturday night television.
How did Simon Cowell get famous?
Born Birth name Nicknames
Mr. Nasty Judge Dread Nasty Simon Sarcastic Simon
Simon Cowell was born in Lambeth, London and brought up in Elstree, Hertfordshire. He is the son of Julie Cowell (née Josie Dalglish), a ballet dancer, and Eric Selig Phillip Cowell, a music industry executive. Simon started his career in the music industry working in the mailroom at EMI Music Publishing. He worked as a record producer, talent scout and consultant within the music industry before becoming a judge on the hit British TV show Pop Idol (2001) and its U.S. counterpart, American Idol (2002), Cowell’s scathing comments were famous during his 10 seasons as a judge on American Idol. – IMDb Mini Biography By: [email protected]
Solid-coloured shirts and sweaters (usually white, grey or black) with jeans.
During an audition, a female participant told Simon and the other judges that she quit her job at a hair salon so she can pursue her dreams on American Idol (2002) ; when getting rejected, Simon had asked for the phone and called the owner of the workplace where the rejected contestant got her job back. Was once a waiter in Elton John ‘s restaurant in London. Dropped out of high school at age 16. His father, Eric Cowell, was a record company executive with EMI. He died at home in 1999 of a massive heart attack on the very day that Simon got his first Number One with a then-unknown band called Westlife who his dad had predicted would become big. Became a father for the first time at age 54 when his girlfriend Lauren Silverman gave birth to their son Eric Cowell on February 14, 2014.
I’d accept an honour but I don’t think I’m likely to get one. The Queen once described me as a dreadful man. Let me throw a mathematical dilemma at you – there’s 500 left, well how come the odds of you winning are a million to one? No, what I am doing is kind by telling people who are useless, “Do something that you’re good at”. So I would only feel guilt if I misled somebody who was terrible. We’ve done three seasons of and by now it is safe to assume that most people know that you have to be able to sing. But people turn up who can’t sing a note and yet they believe they are the Second Coming. Sit in these auditions for three weeks and hear “I Believe I Can Fly” out of tune for the millionth time, YOU try and be nice.
The X Factor (2011) – $75,000,000 including producer fee (2011)
Does Simon Cowell sing
Can Simon Cowell sing? – Source: NBC There have been a lot of rumors swirling around Simon, primarily calling into question his ability to sing. Although, he rarely shows off his singing voice. Nicknamed Mr. Nasty, last year, Simon Cowell sang on America’s Got Talent in 2022. Simon Cowell was shocked to see himself singing on the grand stage for the first time on the second episode of the current 17th season of the US talent show.
- Article continues below advertisement Way back in 1982, Cowell performed as a character named Wonderdog, who had a song called “Ruff Mix.” Because the actor didn’t show up, Cowell put on the suit and portrayed the singing canine.
- We’re pretty sure that’s not actually the music mogul barking on the track, but he showed off some nice stage presence.
Article continues below advertisement Simon also sang a rendition of Frank Sinatra’s “My Way” in the end credits of Shrek 2 for “Far Far Far Away Idol.”
What happened to Simon Cowell’s voice?
Why is Simon Cowell not talking on America’s Got Talent ? – The reason why Simon isn’t talking in specific episodes of AGT is due to an unforeseen health issue. In an interview with, the longtime judge revealed that he lost his voice after he discovered something got stuck in this throat. As a result, he required medical attention and vocal rest.
‘America’s Got Talent’$7.00peacocktv.com
“I think what happened was the acid from my stomach literally burned my vocal cords,” he told the outlet. “So, this doctor came over and put a camera up my nose, down my throat, and I could actually see how badly burnt they were.” “There was so much I wanted to say, and I literally could not talk,” he continued.
“We tried writing things. At one point, I used this kind of iPad device where I had things I’d said before. I tried to use Sofía to translate for me, and she deliberately said the wrong things. So, it was just chaos.” While Simon didn’t expect to endure a medical condition this season, injuries on vocal cords are common for those who use their voice for work.
writes that vocal cord strain happens when the muscles and vocal cords are overused. Materials from Penn Medicine indicate that some of the symptoms can include a hoarse voice for more than two weeks, pain in the throat when using the voice, a vocal pitch change or even speech that sounds odd.
- As for how to treat a case like Simon’s, Penn Medicine recommends the patient undergo speech therapy to strengthen the muscles.
- The treatment can also be made up of exercises that include breathing control and ways to protect the vocal airways when attempting to swallow.
- Though it might seem that the AGT star was quiet for weeks, it was only for a week of filming season 18 episodes.
On the upside, Simon discovered that the unique opportunity allowed the rest of the judges to be more open about their thoughts. “For about seven days, I had to sit there and not say anything, so all I could do was just listen to them. And it was very interesting, because they’ve all got enough confidence now that they have their own preferences,” he told USA Today,
Who is the richest on AGT?
The Richest ‘America’s Got Talent’ Judges & Host Ranked from Lowest to Highest (& the Wealthiest Has a Net Worth of $600 Million!) Simon Cowell – $600 Million ‘s net worth is estimated to be $600 million thanks to his work from judging and producing shows like America’s Got Talent, Britain’s Got Talent, and The X Factor, Disclaimer: The content of this post is based on data from, JustJared.com does not assume responsibility for any of the numbers reported in this post. Getty Images : The Richest ‘America’s Got Talent’ Judges & Host Ranked from Lowest to Highest (& the Wealthiest Has a Net Worth of $600 Million!)
Does Simon own xfactor?
This article is about the music executive and television presenter. For the conservationist and author, see Simon Cowell (conservationist),
|Cowell in 2011|
|Born||Simon Phillip Cowell 7 October 1959 (age 63) London, England|
|Partner(s)||Lauren Silverman (2013–present; engaged)|
|Relatives||Nicholas Cowell (brother) Tony Cowell (half-brother)|
Simon Phillip Cowell (; born 7 October 1959) is an English television personality, entrepreneur and record executive. He is the founder and sole owner of the British entertainment company Syco and is the creator of the X Factor and Got Talent franchises.
He has judged on the British television talent competition shows Pop Idol (2001–2003), The X Factor UK (2004–2010, 2014–2018) and Britain’s Got Talent (2007–present), and the American television talent competition shows American Idol (2002–2010), The X Factor US (2011–2013) and America’s Got Talent (2016–present).
After some success in the 1980s and 1990s as a record producer, talent agent and consultant in the UK music industry, Cowell came to public prominence in 2001 as a judge on Pop Idol, a talent television show which he and its creator Simon Fuller successfully pitched to ITV Controller of Entertainment Claudia Rosencrantz,
- He subsequently created The X Factor in 2004 and Got Talent in 2006, which have become successful television franchises sold around the world.
- Cowell often makes blunt and controversial comments as a television music and talent show judge, including insults and wisecracks about contestants and their singing abilities.
He combines activities in both the television and music industries. Cowell has produced and promoted successful singles and albums for various recording acts whom he has signed and taken under his wing, including Little Mix, James Arthur, Labrinth, Leona Lewis, Fifth Harmony, Il Divo, Olly Murs, Noah Cyrus, Cher Lloyd, Fleur East, Ella Henderson, and Susan Boyle,
- He has also signed successful boy bands such as Westlife, One Direction, PrettyMuch, and CNCO,
- In 2004 and 2010, Time named Cowell one of the 100 most influential people in the world.
- In 2008, The Daily Telegraph ranked him sixth in their list of the “100 most powerful people in British culture”.
- The same year, he received the Special Recognition Award at the National Television Awards,
At the 2010 British Academy Television Awards, Cowell received the BAFTA Special Award for his “outstanding contribution to the entertainment industry and for his development of new talent”. In 2018, he received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in the television category.
Did Simon Cowell turn down take that
‘I said I’d sign them without the fat one’: Simon Cowell admits that he turned down Take That because of Gary Barlow
- Published: 21:54 BST, 21 March 2012 | Updated: 09:54 BST, 22 March 2012
- His entertainment empire has been built on his much vaunted talent-spotting ability.
- However, it appears even pop Svengali Simon Cowell can make the occasional mistake.
- The music mogul has revealed that, as a young record company talent scout, he declined to sign Take That – who have gone on to be one of our most successful ever pop acts – because he thought lead singer Gary Barlow was too overweight.
Whoops: Simon Cowell had admitted that as a young record label exec he turned down Take That
- Cowell, 52, admitted to the showbusiness blunder in an interview on ITV1’s The Jonathan Ross Show, to be screened on Saturday.
- Cowell was working for record label BMG when he rejected Take That in 1990.
- Recalling the incident, Cowell admitted: ‘I said I’ll sign them without the fat one.
‘But then actually I realised I’d made a mistake and I called up the manager a few months later and I said: ‘Do you want the deal?’ and he told me where to go. So that was the end of that.’ All about looks: Cowell revealed that he thought Gary Barlow (second left) was ‘too overweight’ Take That went on to sign with rival label RCA Records and became one of the most successful groups of the 1990s. The band sold more than 20million albums and recorded 11 UK No1 singles.
The eventually split in 1996 a year after the departure of band member Robbie Williams before reforming a decade later. The band’s 2010 album Progress became the second fastest selling album in British history. Asked if he regretted his decision not to sign the band, Cowell said: ‘Oh definitely, yeah.
But you know then I signed Westlife. So one mistake leads to something else.’ The revelation is likely to anger Barlow, 41, who is said to have agreed last week to judge Cowell’s talent show X Factor for a second year in a row. Short sighted: The band, of course, went on to be one of the UK’s most successful and Gary last year worked for Simon on The X Factor In an interview three years ago, the singer said he had challenged Cowell over rumours he made the offensive comments – but said the television supremo denied them. Best buds: Simon dined at C London with Bernie Ecclestone on Wednesday night Despite shedding the pounds following the band’s initial success he piled on weight following their break-up before returning to his currently svelte frame. In an interview last year, he said: ‘Weight has always been my enemy, how with every mouthful of food I have always felt guilty.
- ‘I’ve actually had major problems with food for years and years.
- I realised that once I started to eat I couldn’t stop.’ Last month, Barlow – who already has children Daniel, 11, Emily, nine, and Daisy with his wife Dawn, 42 – announced he will become a father for the fourth time.
- The baby is due in the late summer.
: ‘I said I’d sign them without the fat one’: Simon Cowell admits that he turned down Take That because of Gary Barlow
Does Britain’s Got Talent still exist?
The sixteenth series of British talent competition programme Britain’s Got Talent began on ITV1 from 15 April 2023, and is again presented by Ant & Dec.
Who came from pop idol?
Gareth Gates After Pop Idol, he was soon signed up by Simon Cowell to the BMG label. His career was successful and he had numeorus big hits, including his million-selling cover of Unchained Melody, the number one single Stupid Mistake, as well as he cover of Spirit in the Sky with TV personalities The Kumars.
How much money has Leona Lewis got?
What is Leona Lewis’ Net Worth? – Leona Lewis is a British singer, songwriter, model and actress who has a net worth of $10 million dollars. Leona Lewis rose to fame in 2006 when she won the third series of the television music competition program “The X Factor.” She went on to release the album “Spirit,” which became one of the bestselling albums in UK history.
- Lewis has released a number of other successful albums since then, and has also appeared in film and on stage and television.
- She is perhaps best-known for being the one-time serious girlfriend of Simon Cowell.
- Lewis’ X Factor victory resulted in a £1 million recording contract with Syco Records.
- Her first single, “A Moment Like This”, was released and peaked at #1 in both the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Lewis achieved even greater success with her follow-up single, “Bleeding Love,” which reached #1 in 34 countries, including the U.K., Japan, Germany and the United States.2008 was the year when Lewis earned three nominations at the 51st Grammy Awards.
- She saw the release of her first studio album, “Spirit” in 2008.
- That album was followed by 2009’s “Echo.” After breaking through in the United Kingdom, Leona signed a $10 million record contract with an American record company.
- To date, Lewis has had nine top-ten hits in the UK, has been nominated for seven Brit Awards and three Grammy Awards.
She has sold more than 30 million records worldwide. Often compared to her idol Whitney Houston, Lewis is the best selling The X Factor act in the United Kingdom.
How much money has Olly Murs got
Olly Murs is an English singer, songwriter, musician and TV presenter who has a net worth of $6 million.